main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 7.5 - "Loving the lens flare since 1977!” -!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Penguinator, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I love it when Amazon gives me some piddling amount of mp3 credit that I can use to cover the full cost of some massive discount collection of classical music.

[​IMG]

2. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Threw my back out once again today. This time, however, was different; this time, I experienced utter agony and actually had to stay at home sitting upright, propped up by pillows. For the majority of the day, every other movement would cause me to wince in pain if not bite my lip to stifle a cry of pain or a cuss word. It was bad, folks.

However, I have a theory about this that can put a smile on my face: I don't have muscle spasm problems in my back from having to duck and hunch everywhere I go - far from it! Sometimes my back just can't support the SHEER AMOUNT OF AWESOME I CARRY WITH ME AT ALL TIMES.

3. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Ah, the Elephant Man special. Been there, not pleasant. Hope you get well soon.

4. cassie5squared

cassie5squared Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 8, 2010
    Gah - I hope you recover soon, Peng. That is an awesome theory of yours, though.

5. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Last year I was bed-ridden for months from a strained right flank (around where the kidney is located). Easily the worst pain I've ever experienced.

6. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    I'm a guy of intimidating stature, and my friend's truck is a little Toyota from the eighties. I decided it'd be good to get out of the house to try and stretch out my back, but probably only did more damage crawling into that thing. Today I'm feeling good and stretched out, if a little stiff from yesterday.

7. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I understand you all to have a fair contingent of Mass Effect fans. Snap poll: Is the Leviathan DLC worth it? Very entertaining, or can one do without it?

8. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    To me, it's actually a yes to both options. Entertaining, but you won't miss much by watching the highlights on YouTube. If anything it makes the ending slightly more absurd.

9. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    I want to rip out someone's windpipe and strangle them with it. Are you kidding me? That's the end?

EDIT: Peng, if you need a guest post as the Incredible Hulk, I'm more than primed at the moment.

10. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Join us over here, brother. Now you understand our pain.

11. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Yeaaaaaah there's a reason the primary observation in the How It Should've Ended episode was "YOU MEAN MY CHOICES DO MATTER?!"

12. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    You guys are in that corner without me, I must say. I've seen better and I've seen worse.

13. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    I suppose I should keep this secret, in case someone has never tasted grief of this magnitude. For those that don't know, stay away. You don't want to know. This time, you really should turn back.

A grandpa.

I spent literally days of my whole life. For a grandpa.

. . .

. . .

14. Rampani

Rampani Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2003
    Point of observation here: The first Mass Effect game was written by Drew Karpyshyn. Mass Effect 2 was written by Mr. Karpyshyn and one Mac Walters. Mass Effect 3, however, was written by Lead Writer Mac Walters, with assistance from five senior writers. None of whom had either Drew or Karpyshyn in their names.

Taking into account other issues surrounding the end of the Mass Effect trilogy, I have come to one conclusion: Mac Walters had no idea what the hell he was doing and had no business being the Lead Writer for the final game.

15. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Well, sure, there's worse
    [​IMG]
    but, y'know, anything less than Guns of the Patriots caliber finale was going to make people upset, and they missed that bar.

16. Rampani

Rampani Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2003
    Honestly, on of my favorite game endings/moments is in Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. While the video is rubbish, its the only one I could find that didn't include the entire boss fight.

Because head stabbyness.

EDIT: I misspelled "Legend". Now, off to find the nearest cliff to throw myself off of.

Skywalker_T-65 likes this.
  17. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Basically everything Ganon did in that game, including dying, was utterly badass. "My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came, the wind carried the same thing... Death."

18. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    A grandpa who calls you "My Sweet", one might add. UNFORTUNATE IMPLICATIONS, ANYONE?

19. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Yeah, isn't that Neil Armstrong, kind of THE guy when it comes to things space-related and hopeful and optimistic?

20. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Buzz Aldrin. :)

21. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    And on every world is a different kind of life. And every individual life is special. EXCEPT THEY ALL END THE EXACT SAME WAY WITH SOME STUPID DREAM BOY SHOE-HORNING YOU INTO SOME ABSURD "CHOICE."

Saintheart likes this.
  22. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    What? No, it's Buzz Aldrin, American hero and the only astronaut with his own Monty Python episode. He's significantly cooler.

Penguinator likes this.
  23. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Perhaps it would not be a good time to refer you to Bioware's standard responses to the 40,000+ netizens who complained about the ending... :D

24. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    What did they say? Oh please, tell me.

25. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Well, honestly?

[​IMG]

Winged_Jedi likes this.