main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 7.5 - "Loving the lens flare since 1977!” -!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Penguinator, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    The borg one made me crack up.

2. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Canadians don't get mad; we burn down the White House.

I see you've rebuilt it! It's very nice. :)

Sinrebirth likes this.
  3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Nations are just geographic sets together with a government signature.

4. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
  5. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    In the end I suppose we're all just Earthians... Terrans... Earthlings... None of them really sound right though. No wonder we identify ourselves by these geographic sets!

6. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Eh, that just makes Earth a collection of similar structures. We can probably define a nice ultraproduct on it and everything.

7. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Meh, America is just Canada's lower body... I mean, look at the shape of Florida...

jcgoble3 likes this.
  8. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    I tell ya once, I tell ya again: we're all frickin' programs in the ****ing Matrix. The frigging Agents got Wittgenstein because he was onto the game, and they'll get Ramza eventually ... :D :D

[​IMG]

9. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    [​IMG]

What if I told you that every theorem, every proof, every algorithm, was really just an application of second order predicate calculus?

10. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Ramza Edit: I would assume there are probably more boardsafe images with that particular phrase.

11. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Seems legit.

12. Nick of Time

Nick of Time Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2013
    The winds of change are blowing wild and free.

13. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
  14. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    I think the first Hoopers in operation when I was here was "Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 5.0! "We've got more Insanity than Ysanne Isard has Cleavage!"

Nah, what makes me feel old is remembering that for at least the first few several months after I discovered and began playing in the RPF the mod in charge was NaboosPrincess. I think her mod colors were greenish/tealish. Then came Hammer(I think), who decided that due to the nature of the RPF we needed two mods to police it, so he chose Saintheart(again, I think) to be his right hand man(which also led to ToF being a state sanctioned game). Now here is starts to get a bit murky for me, but I think after the Hammer fell DarthXan ascended to Modhood(Or Saintheart stepped down shortly before the Hammer fell and the Hammer raised her to Modhood, either or) but then Saintheart(Or Hammer depending on version) had to step down, due to time constraints I believe(still remember the months of his name being in the busy green), and thus Penguinator Ascended. I don't believe I was present for Ramza's eventual ascension ceremony, which sucks, but that happened fairly obviously(Or Ramza's just messing with my head, which considering he's been DrDoom and a very crazy bard I wouldn't put it past him).

On an extra note, ever since Saintheart's time as a Mod, I think every Mod since then has played or is playing ToF.

On yet another note, if this makes me feel old, I can only imagine how those that were here for the earlier mods before that are feeling.

15. Rampani

Rampani Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2003
    I seem to remember Hooper's 5.0...... Though I remember a time when PoT was the mod

16. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    I can't remember the name of the Hooper's when I first arrived here. I should look it up.

EDIT: Can't find it! Must have been pruned when we were still with IGN. Although that was back in 2005, so it's hardly surprising.

17. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
  18. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Yeah, see, I was fourteen when I started on here, so I think I've got another perspective on weird :p

19. cassie5squared

cassie5squared Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 8, 2010
    *brings out the String Instruments of Nostalgia*

:D

20. Rampani

Rampani Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2003
    Success! The earliest post of mine that I could find was in Hooper's 4.0, the one with the Bat Signal installed on the roof. It was in the midst of a conversation with Thok about how he was BatThok. I only read back a few pages, but.....the sheer insanity that I took part in on that board slightly frightens me

21. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I don't watch many State of the Union addresses, but that one was pretty good.

22. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I'm just glad I managed to catch it - I was worried that test grading might force me to miss the SotU for the first time in, like, six or seven years.

Edit: Now that I'm thinking about it, might be as many as eight. I like to watch the State of the Union address, is what I'm saying. :p

23. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Launching a game on the 14th.

24. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    So I went and had a browse around the old Hooper's thread.

MADNESS.

Although I did run across a post dated February 14, 2008, which announced ToF was starting up. Yyyyep, we've been doing that RPG for literally five years.

Penguinator likes this.
  25. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    So halfway there, then? :p

I have no idea whatever it could be! It's quite the puzzle. A serious conundrum. Major brain-teaser.