main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 7.5 - "Loving the lens flare since 1977!” -!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Penguinator, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    PC Thankfully.

2. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Since we're on the topic of PC games, System Shock 2 is now on GOG.

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I hope my excellent first post to that thread helped. :p

That thread has became a meme beautifully quickly!

4. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    A thank you to Ramza, Crusader Kings 2 has thus far been a blast, however much I wish to curse the realm of Navarre to oblivion for taking lands that should obviously go to the Kingdom of Aragon. [face_not_talking]

The killer soundtrack doesn't hurt either.

5. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I continue to be flustered by my chancellor's inability to fabricate a false claim despite 20% yearly odds in my favor. Does he not see that his incompetence halts my righteous acquisition of the whole of Britannia?

Edit: And yeah, the soundtrack is really stand-out. I'm not sick to death of it like I was when I got this far into EU3, which is a point in its favor in and of itself.

6. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    I know, even some of the excellent soundtracks from some of the Total war games(campaign map music at least) got old before now. Sadly I have a couple of incompetent council members myself, but as I don't have any extra members of my court that qualify for the positions, I'm stuck. Had Navarre(shakes fist angrily) not decided that now was the perfect time for a holy war into my ideal expansion corridor(and got there a day or two before my own armies no less) my options might be different. Family or not I greatly desire to strangle them!

I honestly feel like this dog: [​IMG]

But as things go I'm looking at restarting and taking some of the knowledge gained this round to use to my advantage. Mark my words, one day soon, on my computer at least, all of Spain shall bow before the King of Aragon, and then the world!

*coughs*

You heard nothing.

7. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    I maintain my dreams of conquest by going gloriously alt-history in a modded Civilization 5 file. Fear the modern day Greek Empire!!!

(I have a mod that lets me play WW2 as the Greeks, and I've taken over most of Italy, and all of Bulgaria, Hungary, Albania, and Romania :p )

8. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    I don't think I can even run Civ 5.

9. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Well, I must say, as soon as you claim a kingdom the other dukes fall in line with blistering speed. All of Ireland is now either under my direct control or is controlled by a vassal (They all basically did the game equivalent of surrendering, instantly changing to accepting my demands for them to become my vassals as soon as I crowned myself), my succession laws remain stubbornly Primogeniture, and England/Scotland/Wales is ripe for the picking, torn apart by local wars and civil strife.

The era of Irish dominance is nigh*, and I'm not even on generation three yet. :p

That said, I did drop $1.25 on the Sunset Invasion expansion, so I only have about 200 years to expand before the Aztecs arrive and **** everything up.

See, that sounds like my EU3 game, where world dominance is basically a three way friendly cooperative effort between France, Austria, and my own Burgundy. England who? Spain? What's a Spain? That some sort of Castilian thing?

10. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Everyone stop talking and go join Heroes.

No, I'm serious.

11. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    I'm at a block on what I want to do there. It's looking easier and easier to just pick a hero, and thus not challenge myself nearly as much, but I just don't know.

12. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    But I did!

Twice!

Penguinator likes this.
  13. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    Must be awesome having no edit time limit. And apparently the ability to change your username too, unless I have completely missed that feature being available to us normal folks(not that I want to change mine). Of course, in the end the colors are the most awesome advantage of your position, from my perspective at least.

As to Heroes, I'll go ahead and try to get a hero app in this weekend and work on a villain app after, assuming two apps are allowed.

14. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    For reference: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/official-username-change-request-policy.50003785/

As far as the two perks you mentioned go, they're sort of mixed blessings. Certainly if you don't enjoy moderating they're not going to make up for any deficiencies on that front, and then the benefits are somewhat grab bag taken on their own. No edit time, for example, is really only useful here, and my policy has always been that I'll provide the same cosmetic benefit edits to anyone that asks, so really it just saves me from a middle man. Colors honestly suck and are more trouble than they're worth, IMO, since they take on extra recognizability significance when you're a mod.

No, the real benefit of moderating is the thrill of banning problem users having an excuse to check the boards more often.

benknobi1 likes this.
  15. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    [face_laugh]

Edit: On another note, trying to find a character I'd enjoy playing, and balancing it with what I think I can play, is really making things difficult. Chances are I'm being pessimistic about myself, but I'd rather think I'm worse than I am instead of better than I am. At least with the first one I can be pleasantly surprised and not end up in over my head as much.

16. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I will have my sheet to you this weekend! I've been stuck trying to decide between two characters. :p

Penguinator likes this.
  17. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    Might as well gamble on my roleplaying ability I suppose. Villain it is.

18. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Wooooo.... For working twenty-seven hours between two days with nothing but a two hour nap inbetween, I'm surprised that I feel as good as I do.

Of course, we'll see if I feel the same when I get off this job and add another nine hours onto my total when I switch to my other job. Though to be fair, I may score another nap!

19. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Who do you want me to play? Seriously. PM me or something. Too many characters, too much indecision.

20. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    Wish I'd thought to take that route, would have been easier. Well if my current CS gets turned down I just might try it.

21. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Welp, looks like Bungie's not gonna take it easy after pulling away from Microsoft and Halo because it seems like their new project is going to be trying to hit phenomenal proportions :D

22. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    Looks awesome!

23. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    So far it sounds like a mix of part Halo, part Borderlands, and part Dark Souls or something like that :p Unfortunately they didn't have anything to show other then art. But on the other hand, they did confirm it for PS3 and 360 so we won't have to wait for next gen to see what they be cooking.

24. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    I would join Heroes, but seeing as it was blessed relief to have a couple games end on me so I actually was not typing like a chicken with its head cut off, I think I'll stand pat.

25. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    That reminds me, forgot to post my CS :oops: