main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 7.5 - "Loving the lens flare since 1977!” -!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Penguinator, Feb 8, 2013.

1. cassie5squared

cassie5squared Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 8, 2010
    The worst we've had so far in the northwest as far as I can see is a couple of brief downpours. They might have had it worse over the east of the country though.

2. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Wow...I think I finally found something that makes things so much clearer....

*At least towards a certain character* :p

[​IMG]

^:)^

Heavy Isotope and Saintheart like this.
  3. Heavy Isotope

Heavy Isotope Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2013
    One of us..... One of us.....

Speaking of madness I had my first experience with sleep paralysis. If I hadn't done my research after I got it then I would've been scared out of my mind. So yes, it was self-induced (also known as Wake Induced Lucid Dreaming) and I wore a sleep mask so that I wouldn't hallucinate. So maybe that's what madness feels like.[face_laugh] 8-} [face_rofl]

4. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    [​IMG]

And I feel the same way...
    FALL BACK... UGH!!

Dont even get paid for the extra hour! :p

Ok...time to find something silly to do...
    No wait..this was it! ;)
    Durn it! Now what?!?!?!

[face_clown]

5. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    Excess of coffee and hilarious vandalism?

6. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    "Madness, as you know, is like gravity - all it takes is a little push!"

Heavy Isotope likes this.
  7. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    This is actually why you'll never meet an insane electron.

8. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    No, but they all have magnetic personalities. [​IMG]

9. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    [face_tee_hee]

10. Rampani

Rampani Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2003
    So on a completely unrelated note, I picked up the first issue of Amazing X-Men this week on a whim. Mostly because the cover promised that two things lay within: the return of Nightcrawler and pirates. And it did not disappoint. There was plenty of bamfing and sword fighting and Beast was going to blow things up because his coffee maker was stolen. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to the next issue. Between that and seeing Thor: The Dark World (which was much better than expected. Not that I expected bad, but I didn't think I would smile and laugh as much as I did. It was a pleasant surprise), my comic book self is satisfied for the foreseeable future. At least until next month :p

greyjedi125 likes this.
  11. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Kurt's back? About damn time.

12. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    Another unrelated note I got scheduled for a job interview for the posting I applied for a few days ago. I was noticeably in a better mood and even made a new friend... Haha

greyjedi125 likes this.
  13. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    *Starts countdown to Dec.18, 2015.......oy vey!! T minus 770 days..................[face_waiting]

14. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I know, let's sing a cheerful song to pass the time!

[​IMG] bottles of beer on the wall, [​IMG] bottles of beer/Take one down, pass it around/ [​IMG] bottles of beer on the wall...

15. Rampani

Feb 25, 2003
    Ramza

[​IMG]
    (Amazing X-Men #1 Wraparound Cover)

[​IMG]
    (Interior w/o speech)

Good enough that this is the first X-Book to be placed on my must purchase list each month.

16. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Glorious.

17. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    So Grant Morrison wrote New X-Men a while back where Magneto "died" but was in reality pretending to be the X-Man Xorn to destroy the team from within. He went crazy on Mutant Speed, killed Jean Grey (again), and then screamed at everyone for a bit and demanded someone kill him, so Wolverine cut his head off. The point was that Morrison was tired of people forgiving Magneto because he was a crazy extremist, and Marvel seemed okay with it.

...until they retconned it into Xorn actually being someone named Xorn who looked like Magneto and went crazy and began to think he actually was Magneto, and had similar powers because why not? Xorn's original mutation, having a star for a brain, which necessitated the cool helmet, was given to Xorn's Chinese brother, also named Xorn, and in this way Marvel "deftly" saved both the characters of Magneto and Xorn because heaven forbid they'd have to try something new. Although I'm okay with this, they could have just had Magneto return to life somehow because it's not like it'd be that weird in X-Men, and also Xorn is a cool concept (granted he doesn't work too well when he's not Magneto, because it's just not as interesting, but that can be changed).

So Marvel, in celebration the X-Men's 50th birthday, decided to have BATTLE OF THE ATOM. This involves the time-displaced original '60s X-Men team meeting the current divided X-Men teams and getting all messed up and angsty and man it got messy fast.

And because having the X-Men from the past operating in the present wasn't confusing enough, Battle for the Atom sends everyone into a conflict with the FUTURE X-Men. One of these FUTURE X-MEN is LADY XORN.

LADY XORN.

And the big reveal - THE BIG REVEAL - beyond some nonsense about the Phoenix - is that LADY XORN is actually PAST JEAN GREY'S FUTURE SELF. Not PRESENT JEAN GREY BACK FROM THE DEAD, mind you, BUT FUTURE PAST JEAN GREY.

[​IMG]

18. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
  19. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008

Penguinator likes this.
  20. Rampani

Feb 25, 2003
    Well, Peng pretty much summed up why I haven't bought an X-Book until now.

21. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    ...just wow. That makes some of the wildest plotlines on The Bold and the Beautiful look pedestrian by comparison. And that's a series where one of the lead characters has slept with her husband, her husband's father, her husband's brother, her daughter's boyfriend, her daughter's past boyfriend, and her most despised enemy (who later became her husband.)

22. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    I'm genuinely questioning most of my beliefs after learning that happened in Battle of the Atom.

23. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Should check out what's going on with WoW after the announcement of Warlords of Draenor.

[​IMG]

:p

greyjedi125 and Penguinator like this.
  24. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Fortunately Hugh Anthony Cregg III and his Current Periodicals have composed a fitting ballad for such an occasion:

Alternatively, given a frequent psychological component of MMORPG playing:

Sarge221 likes this.
  25. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Alan Silvestri's main theme for that show has caused more speeding tickets than all the Fast and Furious movies put together.