main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 7.5 - "Loving the lens flare since 1977!” -!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Penguinator, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    A good way to take your frustrations out on people that have made your Black Friday week so difficult in retail:

Shoot the customers that you just helped check-in on your weekend job [face_cowboy]

2. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Double post but here's something that may seem a lot more interesting:

CAUSE DRONE DELIVERY AHOY!

Pyrophoric likes this.
  3. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    *Matriculates out of a rear tab*

Sweet. :D

4. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    I do not think that word means what you think it means.

5. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    probably not, doesn't stop me from trying it out here though :p

Then again it just might. . . :p

6. Heavy Isotope

Heavy Isotope Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2013
    On my phone, highlighting spoilers won't reveal the sentences.... <First world problem face>

Not that I read it, I'm just curious.

Black Friday. As someone constantly broke I never saw the draw to shopping excessively, black Friday isn't any different for me. Why is it on that specific day? Why not have a few a year or have stores do it at a different timee? Might lessen the chaos of greed. o_O

7. Penguinator

May 23, 2005

[​IMG]

:p

Mitth_Fisto and Saintheart like this.
  8. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    New? I've been here all summer. :p

9. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    It is a mystery.

[​IMG]

10. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    Learned something new today, I suppose. But I mean is there an actual financial benefit to having it be as far as it is from Christmas and right after Thanksgiving. :p

11. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Yes. It's precisely the day everyone used to do their Christmas shopping of their own volition - holiday bonuses go out right around then, and it's more or less when the bulk of consumers feel the season is upon them. This business of opening early and having awesome deals etc. is a relatively modern innovation that takes advantage of this tendency to try and bring in the most customers. Sort of a tail wagging the dog thing.

12. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    Ohhhhh I see, see I never knew that. :p

[​IMG]

13. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
  14. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    [face_rofl]

In other news I have no idea how I'm supposed to be able to update my graphics driver when AMD's website doesn't have a graphics driver update in their latest version.... I have 8.6, they're at 13.something now.... So I'm a little behind.

15. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    So, your opinions on this:

Penguinator likes this.
  16. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    So wait was that the Vulture or the Goblin?

Also I find that when you put too many villains into a movie, that it degrades story telling ability. For example, the Avengers did really good with setting up their story because they had made movies for each of the major heroes all the while setting up Loki and the Tesseract. Of course, you can' do this for a bad guy; well you could but I don't think it'd sell very well. So having a series centered around the bad guys to set up a big movie with a lot of them fighting the hero is a better method for story telling, however in this case I would guess that they will cram in a lot of character development then rush the resolution. :p

I do like this version more than the Toby McGuire ones. Though I don't like the actor much better than him, oh well? He's a better actor in the sense he's good at being the awkward Peter, but it's the facial expressions that remind me of Toby haha, and that's what I don't like.

If you read this to the end, thanks. [face_peace]

greyjedi125 likes this.
  17. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    This is reminding me of Spidey 3...and not in a good way. :p

That also crammed three villains into one movie...and it lacked focus to an extreme. Sandman, Venom, Goblin 2.0? Which was the main villain?! 8-}

I would hope they manage to learn a lesson from that movie and not make the same mistakes. We'll see...I liked Amazing Spiderman well enough, so hopefully this does good.

Heavy Isotope and greyjedi125 like this.
  18. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    Right! That's my point! Haha, what'd be really cool is to see at tough guy actor (Like Tom Hardy though people probably wouldn't be able to get past him as Bane at this point) play Shocker or Rhino or a creepy/wild one (Like... Idk who right now actually) play Vulture or Mysterio. They could do so much with just 1 of the more prominent villains than 2 or 3 minor ones. Although Vulture, Shocker, and Rhino are pretty minor.

Or maybe I just really like Mysterio... He could really cause a lot of damage. But it'd probably end up going the same route as Scarecrow in the first Batman revamp, which DID NOT do Scarecrow any justice. Though that just sounds awesome for little spider man to try and overcome... They'd have to move with more of a supernatural depiction of Mysterio rather than his usual smoke and mirrors to make it more of a challenge.

I think there's the problem though, the Spiderman films don't really have super villains, just criminals with a few special powers at their disposal. Correct me if I'm wrong. I know he was part of the Avengers which gives him the chance to fight more difficult adversaries, but due to current legal issues of real life he can't be in the Avengers.

Although there is always Carnage and the Symbiote route, following the story in this game. Though of course shortening it.

19. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I still need to see the first ASM.

20. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I'm not encouraged. One of the weaker points of the reboot was creating a cogent, sensible story for a single villain. I don't know how they'll manage juggling upwards of three of them, when even more successful franchises have stumbled. I'd rather they told one story well than a half dozen poorly.

Heavy Isotope and greyjedi125 like this.
  21. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    I think it'll be fine. They cut Mary Jane Watson from the film because they didn't want to get bogged down, and I think the Green Goblin will be behind Electro's creation and make an appearance or two before they inevitably

have him throw Gwen from a bridge, Spidey catches her but the whiplash breaks her neck a la the original story,[/i] and Green Goblin is thus the villain for the third movie.

I thought the trailer looked absolutely nuts in the best way possible. It's ridiculous and comic book-y and I'm pretty excited.

22. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    I like Emma as Gwen. [face_love]

I thought Dr Octopus did that from a building?

The trailer indeed looked good. :D

23. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Nope, it was the Green Goblin (Norman Osborne, the original) who threw her from the bridge. Spidey panicked and caught her without thinking which caused her neck to break.

Although why I'm using spoiler tags for a forty year old ending is beyond me. :p

24. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Bah, Penguinator simulposted me with literally the same remarks.

Penguinator likes this.
  25. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    I immediately found myself not liking our latest Osbourne. Obviously I won't know until the actual movie but Dane DeHaan doesn't seem to suit him :p