main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA Hoorah!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Rokangus, Dec 3, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Invid

Invid Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 25, 2000
    I live in Corona, I guess I'm OC East, waaay East. There are no SW fans here only me and my graphics rendering machine. Glad I'm somewhat local to Anaheim, I used to work at Disneyland! 8o)

2. JediSavant

JediSavant Jedi Grand Master

Oct 11, 1999
    The only problem with the big Newport is the seating, I saw A.I. there and I thought it was a bit uncomfortable. Of course my seat was broken so that might have something to do with it. Generally though I like seats that are tall in the back.

3. WampaFood

WampaFood Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2001
    I live in Corona, I guess I'm OC East, waaay East. There are no SW fans here only me and my graphics rendering machine. Glad I'm somewhat local to Anaheim, I used to work at Disneyland! 8o)

ha! i used to work at disneyland too, outdoor vending as they put it, i lived in corona as well but then moved out to murrieta. oh the inhumanity :_| now it takes 30-45 minutes to get anywhere..

4. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    DOn't worry, I'm Riverside.

5. Sianna_Klynn

Sianna_Klynn Jedi Youngling

Dec 25, 2001
    Hi All! =D
    Since we all seem to be doing a rolecall I'm in OC as well, Fullerton to be a bit more exact.

Always happy to find Star Wars fans as I have only a few friends who put up with my obession. ;)

6. Sianna_Klynn

Sianna_Klynn Jedi Youngling

Dec 25, 2001
    Hi All! :D
    Since we all seem to be doing a rolecall I'm in OC as well, Fullerton to be a bit more exact.
    Always happy to find Star Wars fans as I have only a few friends who put up with my obession. ;)

7. WormieVibes

WormieVibes Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    Riverside is great town to grow up in; got a little place in Riverside as well as LA. Orange County is a great city too. Went to college there.

8. Artbyshea

Artbyshea Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2001
    Hello all....Just stopping by to say hello and introduce myself. My name is Shea. I grew up in OC and visit there quite often. I reside in L.A. and I am currently living in the bay area until May :)

For all of you out there that enjoy Big Newport...I have good news for you. I am in charge of organizing the lineup for this grand theater.

Some believe that the Chinese is the only place to be for this. I disagree. While it is a great theater, I believe that Big Newport is a much better environment and a better designed theater. For all of those out there that have been hoping for Newport to upgrade their number 1 theater, it has already begun.

They have recently replaced the old mustard yellow curtains with a deep red and are planning to have ALL the seating replaced by the opening.

We would like to welcome those who would like to experience a great event with local OC Star Wars fans to join us.

You can stop by www.bignewport.com for all the up-to-date information regarding the line up, ticket sales, etc as it is released to us by Edwards cinemas....

As the lineup for Episode I was an experience to remember, this will be as well....We may even have a few special surprises in store...

Til then,

Shea

9. Tri-Som_Gare

Tri-Som_Gare Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2000
    I am in Long BeEach and for this whole time being on the boards, I NEVER thought of looking over here for these forums! It is quite cool to see alot of people this close. I may try to make the D&B on Thursday with my son. I used to work 4 blocks from that place.

10. wizards23

wizards23 Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2002
    checking in from Costa Mesa. I have no doubt that Big Newport will be awesome. But as you may or may not know, the Irvine Spectrum has a Digital Projection Theatre. Seeing that Ep 2 will be the first movie ever filmed digitally, I think its only fitting that it should be seen at a digital theatre. Anyone planning on watching it at the spectrum? I havent seen a movie there yet so i dont know how many seats, etc. But the screen is 6 stories tall. Check out this link at DLP.com to see for yourself.

11. Viceroy Craig

Viceroy Craig Jedi Master star 2

Sep 21, 1999
    Greetings!

As some of you may or may not know, the trailer for the next chapter of the Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, is coming out this Friday.

With our Meet & Greet on Saturday at Citywalk, I was wondering if anyone wanted to go see either Blade II (another New Line production), or perhaps even LOTR again. Something around a 10:00pm show.

Any takers?

12. DarthYosef

DarthYosef Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2001
    <i>Anyone planning on watching it at the spectrum?</i>

I'm planning to see it at many different theaters ;-) I want to see it at the midnight showing at the local AMC 20 in Fullerton, then I'd like to see it at the Big Newport and the Spectrum, but I'm planning to see it quite a few times.

13. THEFORCEISJESUS

THEFORCEISJESUS Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2002
    Girl Star Wars fans are the "Dopest". Lets get a hoorah for them! But are they usually cute? That's the question........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.