main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bloom, IN Hoosier Alliance and WonderLab March 21rst

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by echo-3, Jan 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Staci presented her "Space Trek" idea to us last night , She would like any of us to volunteer on Tuesday the 17th and or Thursday the 19 & for ALL of us to spend Saturday the 21rst there. My family and I will be there most of that day.
    Ed, Would it be possible for you to troop on the 21rst?
    RC is giving Brian his rebel trooper costume and RC will be in his AT-AT driver costume.
    My kids will most likely dress as something too.

If anyone has any idea's for fun with the kids let us know.

2. MusicTrooper

MusicTrooper Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2005
    Must check out the date with Grand Moff wife first,
    otherwise, looking possible at this time.:)

3. MusicTrooper

Feb 22, 2005
    The Grand Moff,

has given me permission to be on leave to Bloomington,

My plan is to arrive Friday night around 6-pm,

and be available on Saturday (10-am to 2-pm)???

Please post more information on this thread as to times, places, contacts, etc.

and I will firm up a commitment to this event.

MT

4. MusicTrooper

Feb 22, 2005
    Any updates on this:)

like, has anyone volunteered to be the
    Hoosier Alliance event co-ordinator yet?

5. atataboy

atataboy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2005
    I don't know how Eric feels, but I have used him as the liaison on my end for the photo comic.

6. MusicTrooper

Feb 22, 2005
    Identical PMs to Eric and RC,

looks like this event is growing:)

7. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Yes, it may be growing. I "tried" to talk with Brian Brosmer Friday night but he would not even look at me. If he had , I would have told him he is welcome to troop the event or just be there.He hates me so Its kinda hard to tell him anything. If any one , 501rst , Bloodfin or rebel Alliance members want to troop ..I say the more the merrier. . Also We may also have a "special guest" show up for the 21rst. All I can tell you about the event now is, The main event will be Saturday March 21rst. Time is TBA. I'll give you more info when I get it from WL.

Eric

8. MusicTrooper

Feb 22, 2005
    Much thanks for the update Eric, looks like a fantastic event:)

9. atataboy

Apr 10, 2005
    Bloodfin has a thread going on this event and it looks as if several will be there in costume. I have contacted the Rebel Legion and made a post on their boards to see if any of them who aren't part of the 501st, would be interested in attending as well.

I also created a parental release form for photographs, should we want to take any promotional shots of our efforts for use elsewhere.

Eric, can you make a list of activities? I know some spoke of bringing board games and of course the comic activity. Anything else?

10. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Update today with the time.
    The time is set for 12pm-4pm

Will talk about this at the Feb meeting but Im thinking our March meeting will be this night at 7pm with a post event dinner before the metting??

11. atataboy

Apr 10, 2005
    Sounds good to me. I will have that comic up tonight as well. (I remembered my card! :) )

12. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Ed,
    Can u put me in touch with some of the leaders of the 501 and so on that are thinking of joining us?

13. MusicTrooper

Feb 22, 2005
    Very sorry not to see this sooner.

I have just posted with you on the Bloodfin Boards.

Please let me know via PM, if there is anything further I can do.

Have been a little distracted lately.

14. TK1087

TK1087 Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2008
    Hey everyone, just popped in to say howdy. I'm going to break out the Delta 07 Clone costume and join you on Saturday. Looking forward to meeting you guys, we hear lots of good thing about you.

15. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Sweet. Look foward to seeing you too.
    Eric

16. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Remember that this event is just one week away. I want to see all HA member that can spare the time , there.

17. Darth_Venome

Darth_Venome Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2005
    I have been out a while, but I am ready for a good Star Wars year! My cat ruined my Imperial Guard cloak, but my son will be "trooping" on Saturday in his Captain Rex costume. Great to see how active you guys are, and I hope to take a more active role myself this summer.

By the way, I promised a box of free books eons ago. I'll have them in the car on Saturday, if anyone needs to catch up on their Star Wars reading!

Echo-3, I could just give them to you, since I have not officially met most of the Bloomington group, if that is more appropriate.

18. daemondred

daemondred Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 22, 2005
    To any of you who have watched the new cartoons, I need help with coming up with questions over the Clone Wars Cartoon. I really have not seen any of them and have no idea of what is going on. If you could send me a couple to include for this saturday, I would appreciate it.

19. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Sounds good

20. atataboy

Apr 10, 2005
    Schdule for Saturday

For the Photo Comic we should have times at the following

12:30pm
    1:00pm
    1:30pm
    2:00pm
    2:30pm
    3:00pm
    3:30pm

Trivia?

Bryan, you have times for this?

What about any other games?

21. daemondred

daemondred Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 22, 2005
    I think that those times will work for the photo comic. As far as the trivia contests, here is the schedule that I am thinkng will work
    12:15 - 6 & Under
    1:00 - 7 & Older
    1:40 - 6 & Under
    2:20 - 7 & Older
    3:00 - 6 & Under
    3:30 - 7 & Older

I have also been thinking about how we should arrange ourselves so we have enough people helping with each part of the event. I think we need to have a minimum of three people working with the photo comic. More would be better, but may not be possible at all times depending on the umber of people from our club who show up. The trivia contest will need at least two people, one to ask the questions and the other to help keep track of who has answeed and the number of correct answers. I am hoping that we can get one of the 501st members to help out with that as well (Ed - any interest?). In addition to that, I think we should have at least one person whose job is to kee an eye on the various memoribilia that is brought in to minimize the risk of anything inadvertantly walking away. If we have two people doing that job, they can also help out by giving breaks to people working in other areas. If we have more people, it may be nice to also have someone walking around the gallery inviting people to come check out our area.

Anyone else have any thoughts on how to organize our manpower?
    I think it would be best if we hae this all ploted out befre we get to WOnderlab so we can just concentrate on setting up once we get there.

On a side note, does anyone have a place I could crash for a few hours after I get off work before this event?

22. greedofan

greedofan Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2004
    So, I guess I need to try to find a couple more prizes for the trivia contest since I think I only gave 4 to Eric. If anyone else finds things to donate, please let me know. If I had to choose my role, I would vote for doing trivia questions or making sure toys don't walk off :)

Bryan, you are more than welcome to crash at my place after we're done with everything.

23. atataboy

Apr 10, 2005
    I was going to go buy a fig to throw in as a prize. That would get us to 6.

24. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    I think I could find one more toy to throw in.
    I will try and get you some Clone Wars questions tonight Brian.
    I can do what ever you guys need me to do. Brian & RC , you just let me know . I think you two are doing a fantastic job with this event.THANK YOU

25. greedofan

greedofan Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2004
    Sweet! I will keep looking for extra prizes just in case...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.