Saga Hope Beyond Hope (post-TPM AU)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jedi_enigma, May 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. jedi_enigma Jedi Master

star 3
    This is the sequal to my story Another Time, Another Place, A New Life (there is a link to it in my profile.)

It is three years after AT,AP,ANL.

Disclaimer: NOT MINE! :( :_| No matter how much I wish that is was!

Here is the trailer:

~*~

The Jedi Council and several Master/Padawan teams are sitting around a table.

"They are gathering forces." Mace looks around the table at each being. "Soon they will be strong enough to strike."

"How many do they have?" a Master asks.

Mace presses his lips into a thin line. "Too many."

"Need to get out, our spies do." Yoda taps his grimmer stick to emphasize his point. "Too dangerous it has become."

Fade into new scene. Qui-Gon, Rae and Anakin are running down a hallway.

"Master! They are getting closer!" Rae dives and rolls as a bolt is shot into the spot where she had been a moment before. She rolls back onto her feet and immediately begins continues running.

The three Jedi pull out their lightsabres to deflect the blaster bolts. They finally reach the hangar but are met with the sight of a group of six beings dressed in black and weilding lightsabres.

The trio skidds to a halt.

Anakin swallows hard.

"Shavit!" Rae bites out under her breath.

"We are in *so* much trouble," Anakin mutters.

Fade into new scene. Qui-Gon, Rae and Anakin are standing in a hall in the Med. Wing of the Temple.

"How is he *here*? He died! He died in my arms!" Anakin looks at Rae and Qui-Gon with confusion, pain and hope.

Rae shakes her head. "I don't know."

Fade. Rae is standing in front of Yoda and Mace.

"Their numbers multiply every day!" Rae exclaims passionately.

"We know this Padawan Hennel." Mace nods calmly. "All Jedi are gathering to fight this threat."

Rae's expression becomes troubled. "It's not the Jedi I am worried about, at least not the ones *here*."

Fade. Obi-Wan is sitting on the edge of a fountain next to Sabé.

"They are scared. They try to hide it, but everyone can sense it." Obi-Wan sighs as he stares into the water. "Their hope is fading and they are looking for someone to trust, to believe in. I just can't seem to see anyone."

Sabé places her hand over his heart. "Then you must trust in yourself."

Fade. Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Rae, Anakin, Sabé, Bant, Garren and Reeft sit around a kitchen table.

Rae stares down at the table top, deeply troubled. "The Balance is shifting. It has been held too long in favor of one side; now it is trying to right itself."

"What does that mean?" Sabé furrows her brow.

Rae slowly lifts her eyes to her. "It could mean the end...for all of us."

End of trailer.

~*~

I know that the scene between Obi-Wan and Sabé may seem a little cheezy and cliche but once you reach that point it won't seem as much so.

I hope you liked the trailer.

Please let me know it I have peaked you interest. The more I hear from people the sooner I'll get the first chapter out. And that isn't really blackmail, that is just a fact.

Thanks!

jedi_enigma (aka The evil person who lives in a shoe! [face_devil] :D )
  2. darla101 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Wow must be a very inspiring shoe - That was good! IM hooked!
  3. jedi_enigma Jedi Master

star 3
    ::Dances for joy.:: I AM DONE WITH HIGH SCHOOL! SQUEE! :D I am just so excited that I got inspired and have a part. ::Then gets dark look on face.:: And hopefully this will fix the little problem I have been having with the link to this story. :mad: ::Grumbles about Sithly technology.::

Anywho. Here's the part!

~*~

On a planet at the very edge of the Outer Rim:

Two tall humanoid figures dressed in dark robes sweep into a hangar where a cargo ship is unloading.

They stop in front of the human who apears to be the captain.

"How long will it take you to unload?" the taller of the two figures snapped.

The older captain stood up from where he was checking the cargo and turned to the figures. He shrugged. "Few hours. Can' reely tell."

The dark figure sneered at the captain's Lower-Level-Coruscantian accent. "You have two."

The captain wisely nodded, knowing that to disagree with the figure would bring dire concequences. He turned back toward the ship. "Oy! Nell! Tucker!"

Two smaller and younger humans, a male and a female, hurried down the landing ramp, their arms full of cargo.

"Yea?" the female asked as she and the male set their load down.

"We go' two hours to get unloaded! So be quick!"

"Yea, yea." The female waved her hand in slight annoyance at the captain as she and the male trudged back up the ramp.

The dark figure sneered once more before he and the other dark figure turned and billowed out of the hangar.

Neither dark figure saw the small, brief, smirk that touched the captain's lips before he got back to work.

~*~

Well?
  4. jedi_enigma Jedi Master

star 3
    The Jedi Council and several Master/Padawan teams sat around a table.

Mace cleared his throat. "We have recived information from our informants that a new enemy is arising." He paused. "They are gathering forces quickly." Mace looked around the table at each being. "Soon they will be strong enough to strike."

"How many do they have?" a Master asked.

Mace pressed his lips into a thin line. "Too many. The best count our spies can give us is around 900."

There were shocked murrmers all around the table.

"How could they have gathered so many this quickly?" an older Padawan asked.

Mace shook his head. "We do not know. But we must act quickly." He looked over at Yoda. "And there is another issue."

"Need to get out, our spies do." Yoda tapped his grimmer stick to emphasize his point. "Too dangerous it has become. Suspicious the enemy is becoming. Send out teams to help them we will."

"Who are the spies?" a Padawan asked.

Their Mon Calamari Master looked directly at Yoda and Mace. "It's Qui-Gon, Rae and Anakin, isn't it?"

Mace nodded. "They have been with this case since the beginning, Bant. It was thought that they were the best choice since they knew the most." He paused. "And they volunteered."

Bant gave what was the Mon Calamari equivalent of a worried expression. She was surprised that they had taken it, especially after...She mentally shook her head to cut-off that thought.

Yoda tapped his stick once again. "Important this is not. Important it is, get out alive they do."

There were murmers of agreement.

"Need two Padawan/Master teams we do."

Bant cleared her throat. "We will volunteer, Masters."

The Council members consulted each other and conscented.

"We will go as well." A young human, female Jedi Knight dressed in a flight suit rather than Jedi robes spoke up.

The council consulted.

"Agree we do, Siri." Yoda nodded.

"Here are the coordinates." Mace handed them a data card.

"Leave immediately you must and get there as soon as possible." Yoda looked worried. "In danger they are. In need of assitance they are. May the Force be with you."

Siri and Bant glanced at each other. They, and their Padawans stood up, bowed to the Council Members and swiftly left the room.

"I only hope they aren't too late," Mace said loud enough for only Yoda to hear.

~*~

Well?
  5. jedi_enigma Jedi Master

star 3
  6. darla101 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm here! Lurking and loving, but here!
  7. jedi_enigma Jedi Master

star 3
  8. menilma Jedi Master

star 4
    Enigma I'm here as well!
    Sadly this summer has proven to be very busy for me but I'll definetely try to keep up with this one. Your writing has improved a lot and I'm dying to see how this all works out! :D
  9. Amidala22 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey! I'm finally here as well!

(thanks for the pm)

Wow! Your muse strikes again. Definietly hooked...again. :_| 8-}

& No more high school for me either! off to college I go!!! :D Share the excitment! :)

UPPERS!!!

~Amilight

(sorry for the insanity since I just got back on after 9 days of unwilling respite. Of course I'm talking to a person in a shoe so.... 8-} )
  10. jedi_enigma Jedi Master

star 3
    Sorry the update is taking awhile. I am also very busy this summer, I'm working 40 hours a week, I have swim practice 6 days a week and I am preparing to go off to college, for which I am very excited! :D I will try to update sometime this week. :)

menilma: ::Bows:: :D Thank you very much, menilma! I love to know that my writing is getting better. :)

Amidala22: Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to college we go! 8-} Thank you for the up! :D
  11. jedi_enigma Jedi Master

star 3
    And voila! A new part! :D Enjoy!

~*~

Qui-Gon, Rae and Anakin ran down a hallway.

"Shavit, shavit, shavit!" Rae spat out under her breath repeatedly. She glanced over at her Master. "I don't think that sneaking into the amphetheater to spy on their meeting was such a great idea!"

Qui-Gon pressed his lips into a thin line, but didn't comment.

Soon they were aproaching a point where the hallway.

"Ani we're going left!" Eventhough Rae hadn't known where they were going, she knew her Master well enough to know what way he had chosen to go.

Anakin nodded to Rae, letting her know that he had gotten the message.

They didn't slow as they made the sharp turn, and somehow, miraculously, didn't go sliding into the wall.

'Thank the Force,' Rae thought.

She heard footsteps running from behind them. "Master! They are getting closer!" Rae dived and rolled as a bolt was shot into the spot where she had been a moment before. She rolled back onto her feet and immediately continued running.

The three Jedi pulled out their lightsabres to deflect the blaster bolts.

"Rae!" Anakin shouted.

Rae snapped her attention to what he had seen, a thermal detonator thrown at them. She instictively reached out to stop it using the Force and Qui-Gon quickly turned it off.

Just then Anakin picked off several bolts that had been heading for Rae and Qui-Gon; they both nodded their thanks to the boy.

They finally reached the hangar but skidded to a stop.

A group of six beings dressed in black and weilding lightsabres stood between them and their ship.

Anakin swallowed hard.

"Shavit!" Rae bit out under her breath.

"We are in *so* much trouble," Anakin muttered.

Qui-Gon's face became grimmer.

And the battle began.

Rae was sure that the only time she had ever faced something remotely as hard as this was when she, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan had fought Darth Maul.

Dark figures continued to enter the hangar through the two doors.

The first moment he had a chance, Anakin, using the Force, flung a large crate from their ship at the control pannel of one of the doors, closing it and effectively locking it.

Rae pushed forward, momentarily taking on both Qui-Gon's opponent and her own. That moment was all Qui-Gon needed to fling another crate at the other door's control pannel.

No more of the enemy would be able to enter the room for the time being, but they were trapped in there with those that had already gotten in, until they were able to get to their ship and get out or were killed. Rae was hoping for the former, but they were very outnumbered and though Rae was one of the best Padawans in the Temple with a lightsabre and Qui-Gon was considered one of the greatest sabre Masters in history, they already were tired from running.

'Force help us now!'

~*~

Comments?
  12. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Did I real the original story? My memory fails in my advanced old age. This is good stuff. I read the trailer and was about to correct your grammar and then realised that it was the trailer :p
  13. Amidala22 Jedi Knight

star 3
    YAY!!!! PLEASE POST MORE!!!!! :D

~*Amilight
  14. jedi_enigma Jedi Master

star 3
    Tada!...And I am beyond tired, but I had this already written up and want to get it typed and posted.

~*~

Rae felt her body slam against the wall. She was almost positive that she had injured a couple of ribs; the wind was knocked out of her. She gasped a few times, trying to regain her breath. She looked up and saw one of the Dark Jedi looming over her. Rae moved to lift her right arm to block the blow with her sabre, but a spike of white hot pain from her shoulder let her know that she had dislocated it. She reached across her body with her left arm to switch hands.

The sabre was wrenched from the grasp of her right hand.

Her eyes snapped to her apponent. He was grinning maliciously.

She pressed her back up against the corner she was trapped in, trying to think of a way out.

She swallowed hard.

'I wish we had some way to get out of here alive!'

She didn't even notice that thought amongst the rage of others in her mind.

Those thoughts were abruptly interupted when she sensed a shift in the fabric of space and time.

The others in the room seemed to have felt it as well for they began to look around for the source.

Then there was a new being standing in the middle of the room, one that was all too familiar to Rae; she gasped. "Oh Force!"

Anakin just stared at the new being with absolute disbelief.

Rae just barely heard her Master whisper, "Obi-Wan."

Obi-Wan looked around the room in confusion; then he noticed Qui-Gon and Anakin and his own eyes went wide.

Rae's gaze shifted to her apponent.

He was staring at Obi-Wan.

Rae's eyes went straight to her sabre, which lay a few feet away. She called it to her left hand, switched it on and, just as the Dark Jedi realised what she had done and was turning back to her, she stabbed her sabre into him.

She swiftly switched off her blade again and rolled between his legs before he fell on her, for once blessing her small stature.

That broke the spell that seemed to have been cast on the room, holding everyone still. Now they were back to fighting again; this time with Obi-Wan helping them.

~*~

Like?
  15. jedi_enigma Jedi Master

star 3
    I am working on the next part of this story so hopefully it will be up soon.

I am also reposting Another Time, Another Place, A New Life in the Saga board. I have been thinking of reposting it ever since they changed the boards. I will mostly be fixing grammar on the story, but I will also be making some changes to it.
  16. diamond_pony2002 Jedi Master

star 4
    THIS IS GREAT!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!!!!!!
  17. menilma Jedi Master

star 4
    Obi-Wan returns!!! This is awesome enigma!! Absolutely fabulous :D I've been a bit lazy lately, I've lost track of a lot of fics. However you know I always get back to this one.
    I have a feeling we'd all like a new post sometime soon... ;) As always, great work!
  18. menilma Jedi Master

star 4
    Just giving this thread a little bump...
  19. Master_Obi20 Jedi Padawan

Well make it quick because it was starting to get interesting :mad:.May the force be with you :D.
  20. menilma Jedi Master

star 4
  21. jedi_enigma Jedi Master

star 3
    Hey Master_Obi20! Good to "see" you! 8-}

I'm sorry this is taking a while people. I had to get ready to go off to college, drive to college and I was only able to get my laptop hooked up to the net today. So I will hopefully be able to post soon. :)

Thank you for the Ups menilma!

Thank you diamond_pony2002! I am glad you are enjoying it!

Here is the link to where I am reposting the story that comes before this one, Another Time, Another Place, A New Life, for those interested. Mostly I am fixing the grammar but I have made some changes and have added somethings.

Another Time, Another Place, A New Life
  22. Amidala22 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey!!!!

Very nice! I can't wait until the next post, enigma! And thanks for the link. :D

More please!

~*Amilight
  23. Amidala22 Jedi Knight

star 3
  24. CrystalKenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    I just found this story. I've printed it out to read to night. I'm at work right now. But it looks good so far.
  25. jedi_enigma Jedi Master

star 3
    Thank you for the Up Ami!

I'm glad you like it CrystalKenobi!

Sorry this new part has taken a while, but I just started college and I have a ton going on, especially swim practice, we are either going to die or we are going to be the buffest athletes on campus! 8-} At least that is how it feels, we are all extrememly sore. Unfortunately it's storming out right now; we work out at an outdoor pool so I don't know what we are going to do.

Anywho, enough of that!

Now on with the show!

~*~

Rae, Anakin, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan forced their shock from their minds and concentrated on the battle at hand as they had been trained to do.

They all knew that they were outnumbered and that the odds of their surviving sucked.

Suddenly a blast echoed through the hangar; a Dark Jedi fell, smoking, to the ground. Everyone's heads turned to the opening of the hangar.

A ship, very familiar to Anakin, Rae and Qui-Gon, hovered there. It continued to fire upon the Dark Jedi, careful not to hit the Light Jedi, who ran for their own ship.

They all ran for the cocpit. Qui-Gon all but pushed Anakin into the pilot's seat; when Rae started to take the copilot's seat he grabbed her uninjured shoulder.

She turned and met his gaze, they silently and quickly clased wills. Qui-Gon raised an eyebrow, to which Rae scowled, but backed down and took the seat behind the copilot's seat, which Qui-Gon took. Obi-Wan automatically took the seat behind Anakin.

Anakin's hands flew over the controls faster than any other's could have. "Let's get the hell out of here!"

They blasted out of there, the other ship covering their backs from the fire of the hideout and, once they were in space, the enemy ships, since their own guns were disabled.

It wasn't until they were in hyperspace that they released the collective breath they had been holding.

And it was then that Qui-Gon, Anakin and Rae all turned to Obi-Wan; looking at him with disbeliefe.

Obi-Wan started back and he appeared to be about to say something...

And he gasped, his face draining of all color.

The three other Jedi unfastened their restraints and leapt to his aid.

Rae was the first to reach him. "Obi-Wan!" She touched his shoulder.

Anakin noticed that Obi-Wan was clutching his abdomen; he knelt down and took Obi-Wan's hand.

But he pulled his hand away quickly, staring down at it. "Oh Force!"

Rae and Qui-Gon looked over at the Padawan.

He looked up at them; then turned his palm toward them.

Rae sucked in a breath.

Qui-Gon's lips became a thin line.

Anakin's hand was stained dark red.

~*~

I don't think that started out too great, but I hope it got better toward the end, as far as writing goes!
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.