Before - Legends Hope has a place (Qui-Gon, vignette)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Qui-Gina-Jinn, Apr 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Master

star 4
    Title: Hope has a place
    Author: Qui-Gina Jinn
    Characters: Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan
    Disclaimer: I don't own anything. Am just playing around the the sandbox.

Author Notes:
    This is my very first try at writing... And my first language is not English...

Many thanks to the wonderful Jinngerbread for beta'ing for me and giving me a title :D [:D]

~~~~~

Qui-Gon studied the young boy before him. He briefly wondered if his apprentice would ever drop that stony facade of calmness and acceptance. The Master knew it was just that - a mask, to hide the boy's feelings. He had glimpsed past it occasionally in one of his Padawan's unguarded moments - that split second when he thought Qui-Gon wasn't looking.

It was usually when the boy didn't agree with the Master's decisions.

Qui-Gon sighed quietly.

The boy was always trying to be the perfect Padawan.

He knew that the boy hated disappointing him; he could feel it in all those small, unguarded moments, see it in handsome features of the young one's face.

Qui-Gon wondered if the boy would ever open up to him completely. It required trust and he realized that it was not only the Padawan that lacked complete trust. So did he. Both in himself and, he realized, in the boy.

It was all down to Xanatos and what he had done, the tall Jedi mused. Qui-Gon was still licking the never quite healed wounds, even after all this time. He had given Xanatos everything - unconditional love and complete trust. And had ended up with a broken heart, that wouldn't allow him to trust anyone again.

Accepting Obi-Wan as his Padawan had not been easy. It had stirred too many painful memories for Qui-Gon's liking. He knew that the boy deserved nothing less than his complete trust ad confidence, but he couldn't give it - yet. Perhaps in time, once the shining light that was Obi-Wan had vanquished the dark shadow of Xanatos. Oh yes, he could see the bright light of his Padawan, but it was tainted with the uncertainty in the young boy's eyes. And he knew that was more than partially his fault for not trusting the boy with his heart.

"Master, are we going?"

Qui-Gon smiled at the Padawan.

"Yes" he said.

Perhaps, just perhaps, in time, when he had laid the ghosts of the past to rest, perhaps then he could love Obi-Wan as he had Xanatos.

He smiled at the boy and placed a large hand on his shoulder as they left the room together.

~~~~
  2. dimyavie Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey. Awesome vig. I love how Qui is wanting to make things better between himself and Obi. Can we expect more vignettes in the future?
  3. Jinngerbread Jedi Padawan

star 4

Perhaps, just perhaps, in time, when he had laid the ghosts of the past to rest, perhaps then he could love Obi-Wan as he had Xanatos.

He smiled at the boy and placed a large hand on his shoulder as they left the room together.

Awwwwwww [face_love] I hope for Obi-Wan's sake that that time is soon :)

Well done!
  4. bek Jedi Master

star 4
    At least Qui-Gon knows the reason of why he can't yet give his heart, that's a start. And the fact that he seems hopeful that someday complete healing may come bodes well for both of them. :)

Great job with this! You captured both Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan well. :D
  5. dianethx Jedi Master

star 6
    You did a great job with the characters. Even better since English isn't your first language.

This was so well done.

Qui-Gon studied the young boy before him. He briefly wondered if his apprentice would ever drop that stony facade of calmness and acceptance. The Master knew it was just that - a mask, to hide the boy's feelings. He had glimpsed past it occasionally in one of his Padawan's unguarded moments - that split second when he thought Qui-Gon wasn't looking.

It was usually when the boy didn't agree with the Master's decisions.

Qui-Gon sighed quietly.

Wonderful.
  6. KELIA Manager Emeritus

star 6
    That was lovely

I really enjoyed the peek into Qui-Gon's mind.

Great job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D=
  7. jedidas3 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    What a wonderful piece of work! Very nicely done! =D= I truly enjoyed the glimpse into Qui-Gon's mind and some of his early thoughts.
  8. earlybird-obi-wan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    hey this is perfect. great writing and capturing those two.=D=
  9. Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow, so many wonderful replies - *is flattered* [face_blush]

dimyavie: Thank you :D Can we expect more vignettes in the future? I certainly hope so - I will definitely work on writing some more ;)

Jinngerbread: I hope for Obi-Wan's sake that that time is soon So do I! Obi-Wan really deserves it, doesn't he? And thanks [face_love]

bek: Thank you! At least Qui-Gon knows the reason of why he can't yet give his heart, that's a start. Yes, first step on the road to recovery is acceptance, I think.

dianethx: Aww, thanks [face_blush]

KELIA: Thanks a lot :) Glad to be able to give you that peek ;)

jedidas3: Thank you [face_love] I truly enjoyed the glimpse into Qui-Gon's mind and some of his early thoughts. I figured he had a lot to think about ;)

earlybird: Thanks [face_blush]

Again, thanks a lot for reading and for all the very, very nice comments - it means a lot :D [:D]
  10. Bastet Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Aww, I'm glad I just found this. [face_love]

Wow, great characterizations, I loved how Qui-Gon noticed how hard Obi-Wan was trying to be the perfect padawan. And him wishing Obi would open up to him, but knowing he never would if they didn't completely trust each other.

It was all down to Xanatos and what he had done, the tall Jedi mused. Qui-Gon was still licking the never quite healed wounds, even after all this time. He had given Xanatos everything - unconditional love and complete trust. And had ended up with a broken heart, that wouldn't allow him to trust anyone again. :_| That's so sad, I hope he learns one day that he can trust again. :( Dang that Xanatos, he's always popping up to ruin everything! :mad: :_|

Accepting Obi-Wan as his Padawan had not been easy. It had stirred too many painful memories for Qui-Gon's liking. He knew that the boy deserved nothing less than his complete trust ad confidence, but he couldn't give it - yet. Perhaps in time, once the shining light that was Obi-Wan had vanquished the dark shadow of Xanatos. Oh yes, he could see the bright light of his Padawan, but it was tainted with the uncertainty in the young boy's eyes. And he knew that was more than partially his fault for not trusting the boy with his heart. [face_frustrated] Well, at least he realizes that!

Wonderful glimpse into Qui-Gon's head! =D= I hope you're going to write more vignettes in the future, I really enjoyed reading this. *hint hint* [face_batting] :D
  11. Gkilkenny Jedi Master

star 4

Excellent writing=D=

Qui-Gon sighed quietly.

He knew that the boy hated disappointing him; he could feel it in all those small, unguarded moments, see it in handsome features of the young one's face.

You could imagine Qui-Gon having those thoughts, and knowing it was partially his fault for not trusting his feelings.[face_thinking]
  12. Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Master

star 4
    Bastet: Wow, great characterizations,
    [face_blush] thank you!
    Wonderful glimpse into Qui-Gon's head! I hope you're going to write more vignettes in the future, I really enjoyed reading this. *hint hint*
    I hope to be able to write some more ;)

Gkilkenny: Thanks a lot [face_blush]
  13. kataja Jedi Master

star 4
    Wonderful job you've done here!!! Though this story is short it contains depth beyong it's words. And I loved the mood in it! Bravo!=D=
  14. Jetta Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Nicely written Qui-Gina. :) I adore both Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan and you wrote them so well. Keep playing in the sandbox! This is a great start!!!

=D=
    =D=
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.