Beyond ~Hope in the Shadows~ K/J [mush] Chapter 22 up! *10/29* Fic Completed!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SITH_MAYO, Apr 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. SITH_MAYO Jedi Master

star 4
    I kinda got an idea in my head and couldn't stop writing it and it turned out to be this!:D My first K/J fic so please be kind!:p

Title: Hope in the Shadows
    Author: SITH_MAYO
    Timeframe: AU / EU /
    Characters: Jaina, Kyp, other characters from the EU and some OCs
    Genre: angst / H/C/ romance/ drama (a mixture really)
    Keywords: erm . . . my word of the day is . . .apoof !!! [face_laugh] (my sister keeps saying it and I have no idea what it means 8-} lol)
    Summary: Jaina ran away from her family after Jacen was killed during a Jedi assignment. But her and Kyp have unfinished business and Kyp goes out of his way to find her. He finds that she has turned to the darkside. Kyp wants to save her but if he?s got other issues to solve . . . like his own children, children that he has never met . . .
    Notes: Disclaimer! I own nothing! These characters aren?t mine (well OCs were obviously made up but ya know). Any resemblance to other fics on the boards is purely coincidental. Comments and messages wanted by all means.:)

Hope in the Shadows

~Chapter 1~

He couldn?t believe his eyes. After four years of worry and despair, he?d found her.

Kyp sat alone at a table in the dimly lit bar, staring at the gorgeous woman on the other side of the room. Oblivious to his gaze, she walked over to the bar and waited for some drinks.

Wavy chocolate coloured locks flowed down her back almost to her waist. Her beautiful body was shown off to perfection in the curve hugging black dress that she wore. The garment was backless, it ended mid caf and had a simple design but it still managed to knock all the air out of him. She was as breathtaking as ever.

For four years he?d searched the entire galaxy looking for her. She?d been running away, keeping all bonds and connections threw the Force closed. Leia and Han had looked for her and still did but they had little hope of finding the same girl they loved. Luke advised Kyp and made sure he understood that the Jaina they?d all loved and cared for was gone.

He?d at last caught a glimpse, a mere flicker in the Force of Jaina?s whereabouts. It had taken months to track her down. He wanted to make her return to her family, where she was needed and loved. But he knew it would be difficult. He could tell without the Force by the way she smiled, laughed and walked that she was a different woman.

He shielded himself from her senses. If she caught a hint of his presence in the Force she would take off and run again.

The young Jedi had turned against everyone, and ran as far away as possible. No longer was she Jedi, darkness had clouded her mind and soul. It pained Kyp to realise that the Jaina he saw was nothing more than a shell. She looked like Jaina but it wasn?t her. All he had once loved about her had been distorted with the hatred and shadow, infecting her, changing her. There was a spark of hope in his heart, hope that he could show her the light, hope that she would return to him. But even this spark was fading like a dying star.

An unresolved matter had been haunting him and her. The only difference between them was that he was taking the situation on, Jaina was hiding from it. Him and her had unfinished business. But even after taking so much effort to find her, Kyp hesitated. He knew he was right. Yet knowing this didn?t make it easier. Even then, as he gazed at her striking form, he was finding it hard to move.

Finally he got a grip of himself and stood up. Silently he waited next to her at the bar; she didn?t even glance at him. He ordered another drink and waited.

This wasn?t going to be easier, but he was Kyp Durron, he wasn?t afraid of a challenge. He took a deep breath, his stubbornness and determination finally kicked in. He turned to her casually,
    ?You look stunning tonight Goddess.?

A chill ran down her spine. She knew the voice and recognised the nickname. Her relaxed mood vanished. What the Kriff was he doing here?! How did he find her?! The questions r
  2. Kidan TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Great post!

There is more coming isn't there??[face_praying]
  3. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Wow, intense and unexpected given the beginning. I loved it!
  4. TenelKaSolo Jedi Knight

star 1
    Excellent! Can't wait for more!
  5. mastermeg_0228 Force Ghost

star 4
    holy hannah!!!!!:eek: :) [face_worried] :eek: :p [face_frustrated] [face_laugh] :eek:

you posted it, Yippie!!!!

ok now the reason for all the smilies!!!!
    Summary: Jaina ran away from her family after Jacen was killed during a Jedi assignment. But her and Kyp have unfinished business and Kyp goes out of his way to find her. He finds that she has turned to the darkside. Kyp wants to save her but if he?s got other issues to solve . . . like his own children, children that he has never met . . .
    just the freaking summary had me sitting on the edge of my seat!!!!! WOW!

No longer was she Jedi, darkness had clouded her mind and soul. It pained Kyp to realise that the Jaina he saw was nothing more than a shell. She looked like Jaina but it wasn?t her. All he had once loved about her had been distorted with the hatred and shadow, infecting her, changing her. There was spark of hope in his heart, hope that he could show her the light, hope that she would return to him. But even this spark was fading like a dying star.
    this is chilling, you're too good at descriptions and this was no exception...beatifully written!

The only difference between them was that he was taking the situation on, Jaina was hiding from it. Him and her had unfinished business.
    You go Kyp...And Jaina you should realize, you can never hide from anything, it'll always catch up to you! *I know*

A chill ran down her spine. She knew the voice and recognised the nickname. Her relaxed mood vanished. What the Kriff was he doing here?! How did he find her?!
    he's Kyp Durron of course he's gonna find you!!!!!!!

as they had shared something too special and important to forget easily.
    i hope this means that they at least partially loved each other????[face_worried]

What?s the matter had nothing better to do for four years??
    hell no he didn't, i mean those are his kriffing kids!!!!!!!![face_shame_on_you]

?So tell me, what did you name our little boy and girl??
    TELL HIM!!!!!

Kyp?s smile faded, and his expression grew deadly serious, he could barely hold back his rage as he spoke, ?I?m their father!? Jaina said nothing and stood perfectly still as he added, ?Did that slip your mind Goddess??

?Believe me I wish it had!? Jaina growled back quietly.

oooh let's see Kyp get mad, he's pretty darn close too! I can't believe Jaina...

?I?m their father! They?re as much apart of me as they are of you! I have a right to see them!? Kyp was finding it more than difficult to hold back his exasperation.
    it's time for custody court...let the judge decide:D

?They already have a father.?
    [face_shame_on_you] [face_shame_on_you] [face_talk_hand] [face_not_talking] [face_shame_on_you]

?Don?t follow me ever again Kyp! It?s over! We?re over. My life is my business. My children are my responsibility, and mine alone. Now walk out that door, out of my life, and never come back!?
    right, like he's gonna listen to you!!!!!!

ok one question, Is Jacen alive??? Will we get to hear from him??? I mean in profic Jacen not there was the whole reason she turned dark so if she sees Jacen again it might help her turn back!!!!

ok well great story!!!!! and i can't wait for more! PM list please?

meg
  6. iamobiwan1970 Jedi Master

star 4
    Very interesting right from the start. Not only is Jaina dark but she's a B****!

Someone said "custody court"...hmm I am trying to picture that.

Keep going ...I like!
  7. SITH_MAYO Jedi Master

star 4
    *nods* yep there is! Thanks for clicking!

Woo hoo, I'm glad ya enjoyed it! Thanks for reading!

More coming don't worry!;)

8. Flowerlady Force Ghost

star 4
    Kriff, that was good...=D=

I loved it...[:D]

Jaina--wow...I would love to know the histroy between Kyp and her...

Can't wait for more...=D=

Great job...
    :D

FL @};-
  9. SITH_MAYO Jedi Master

star 4
    Flowerlady
    Kriff that was good...=D=
    Thanks FL!:D
    I loved it...[:D]
    I'm glad ya did!:)
    Jaina--wow...I would love to know the histroy between Kyp and her...
    o_O Oh don't worry we find out . . .
    Can't wait for more...=D=
    On it's way!;)
    Great job...:D
    [face_blush] Thanks again for reading!
  10. BurntTheMacaroni Jedi Knight

star 3
    oh shiet.. im with Flowerlady.. I wanna know hahaha

Man this was Great S_M!!! As always of course. Keep it up! cant wasit for next post
  11. SITH_MAYO Jedi Master

star 4
  12. mastermeg_0228 Force Ghost

star 4
    Sooooooo many questions so little time . . . I can't really say anything at this point, sorry!
    you completely avoided my question!!![face_shame_on_you]
    *starts thinking some very evil things to do to S_M*

oh wait i can't do that or i won't get any more storyO:) :D

love ya
    meg
  13. Darth_Intangable Jedi Master

star 3
    Keep it going...

[face_love] it

I can't believe you married her off...:_|

-A[face_coffee]
  14. GoddessJainaSoloFel Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh, great start!!! I'm hooked. So Jaina has kids with Kyp and runs off and marries some other guy. :eek: I really can't wait to find out what has made Jaina so bitter and angry! I'm looking forward to more! :D I'd love to get PMs for updates please! :)

~Goddess Jaina~
  15. Princess Cambria Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh this is great=D= More sooooon please[face_batting]
  16. SITH_MAYO Jedi Master

star 4
  17. mastermeg_0228 Force Ghost

star 4
    Lol, try asking a simple yes or no question you might have more luck hehe!!
    do you realize that my first questions were yes or no?????

ok how bout this one, it's very broad!

is Jacen in this fic?

meg
  18. SITH_MAYO Jedi Master

star 4
  19. mastermeg_0228 Force Ghost

star 4
    ok i guess i was as tired as you were!!!! so he's dead but he could come back as a force ghost:p :D

and i guess my luck ran away from me for a few days!!!

[face_good_luck]
    meg *see if that helps*
  20. master_jade Jedi Knight

star 2
    Wow! That looks interesting!

"Unfinished business" between Kyp and Jay - yeah, indeed :D

Waiting for more [face_dancing]
  21. SITH_MAYO Jedi Master

star 4
    At the moment I'm enjoying writing this story and the next part is when we're introduced to the kids! [face_love] Writing the twins has been great, having five siblings myself has really been a helpful source of inspiration lol![face_laugh] I hope everyone likes the twins as the story moves along! A postie is coming shortly! Thanks to all who commented, I hope you enjoy this story!:)
  22. mastermeg_0228 Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh good point meg, ghost is a brilliant possibility!!!
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] you act like you didn't think of it yourself at one point, oh wait we're tired so maybe not!;)

Here ya go have some of mine!
    aww thanks!

and quick question about your sig, what is your mom referring to when she said well THAT was STUPID? if i can ask

[face_good_luck] [face_good_luck] [face_good_luck] [face_good_luck]
    meg
  23. JediBettyBug18 Jedi Master

star 3
    *wispers to Kyp* Go kill logan [face_devil]

SITH_MAYO, this is a great start. Can't wait for more :D

~anni~
  24. SITH_MAYO Jedi Master

star 4
  25. princess_of_naboo Jedi Master

star 4
    Very interesting start! Could you please PM me when you update?
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.