main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~Hope in the Shadows~ K/J [mush] Chapter 22 up! *10/29* Fic Completed!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SITH_MAYO, Apr 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Finally got done reading.

Don't you just love kids? :D

I had this big fat grin on my face, all throughout the mush scenes. I love them! [face_love] Actually makes you want to trade places with Jaina, huh? :D

These visions bother me though. So I'm desperately looking forward to an update.

Keep up the good work! [:D]

2. SITH_MAYO

SITH_MAYO Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2005

3. Jedi-Roxy

Jedi-Roxy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    Okay, I feel better knowing Jacen isn't all evil. I'm actually having a really hard time supporting Del Rey right now because of what they're doing to my favorite Solo. :mad: [face_frustrated] Thanks for not giving in to rediculous plot lines! [:D] [:D]

The Phoenix Jedi

4. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005

5. Jedi-Roxy

Jun 13, 2002
    yay! New post soon!

Brittney

6. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    Post coming tonight . . and if not, then there'll be one tomorrow!;)

7. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    Update!:) Hope you like it . . .

[u][b]~ Chapter 17 ~ Part I of III ~[/b][/u]

Walking side by side Kyp and Symon strolled casually down the empty hallway, heading towards the Skywalker apartment on Coruscant. The little Durron boy had not spoken two words since he?d woken this morning. He was still evidently very shaken by the experience of the powerful vision he?d had last night. Kyp had tried hard to lighten Symon?s mood, but with little success.

The most disturbing thing was that Symon had refused to eat, speak or even smile; this had worried Jaina and Kyp even more. The mute side Valin had described was now coming out into full view of Symon?s parents, causing their concern to increase dramatically.

The thing that drove Kyp mad with frustration was that he could not take away the anxiety Symon was burning with. His son was hurting and there was nothing Kyp could really do to comfort him. Visions were problems to those who had to endure them, Kyp had had his share and now it appeared, Symon was having his.

At last they arrived at their destination; to find themselves greeted by the waiting Grand Master. For once he was dressed in casual civilian clothing, leaning on the doorframe expectantly, wearing his usual comforting smile, Luke Skywalker welcomed them warmly.

?Good to see you Kyp,? Said Luke as he shook Durron?s hand, he then turned his attention to the very timid boy at his side, ?Hey Sym, how you doing??

Rather stiffly Symon shrugged in response, not feeling at all talkative.

Luke noted the tension in Symon?s small body, but didn?t mention it in case he caused the poor child to feel awkward. Quickly Luke invited them both in to his and Mara?s quarters. In the kitchen, as Luke began making up several beverages for them, he and Kyp began to discuss subjects linking to the Jedi Council. Both men were trying to appear casual in front of Symon, so hopefully the boy would relax a little.

Whilst chatting, Luke could feel the worry glowing like an eternal blaze from Kyp. He was very anxious about Symon and the visions that were plaguing him. Confronting Symon about them was something Kyp wanted to do, he wanted to ask and get Symon talking about his nightmares. But by the distant glint in Symon?s bright hazel eyes, it appeared the boy had shut down.

It was understandable. Luke had seen many youths struggle through such terrifying visions. Many of them closed themselves off. It was a defence mechanism, a way of dealing with such confusion and fear. Most children chose the option of silence rather than talking, mainly because discussing their fears would mean they?d have to remember and in some ways embrace the pain of their nightmares. Luke had helped many, but Symon was going to be a special case, not just because he was family. But because he was one of the youngest kids he?d ever met to have such intense visions.

Together the three of them sat in the living room chatting and drinking. Kyp tried to include his son into the conversation, but Symon refused to answer his questions or prompts. Luke could see Kyp?s unease increase as Symon just continued to shake his head at him, never opening his mouth to reply. Without even starting Luke could see that Symon was not going to open up easily. The boy had locked himself up tightly, the nightmare he?d had must have been absolutely petrifying for him to close so suddenly.

After they?d finished their drinks, Luke took the opportunity to speak to Kyp in private. Leaving Symon alone in the living room with complete control of the HoloNet, Luke and Durron went to the kitchen where they could talk without being overheard.

As he raked his fingers through his dark curls, Kyp mumbled quietly,
    ?He?s been like this all day, ever since he got up.?

?His vision must have been very powerful to have such a dramatic affect on his behaviour.? Commented Luke. In a more concerned voice he added, ?He?s pulling back into himself, not only by being quiet, but by dimming his Force-presence, did you

8. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    Wow the kids a mess, Kyp's distraught, the Sith are coming, and Jaina might meet her end!!!! The ANGST!!!!!!

I loved it! :D

I don't think Luke knows what to do! And that worries me. Good post! =D=

9. Jedi-Roxy

Jun 13, 2002
    GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLOT TWISTIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now Jaina's having visions... hmmm. Great posts!

Brittney

10. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    Poor Sym, Kyp and Jaina...so sad and agonizingly good.

Can't wait for more.=D=

11. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Oh that was really good...=D=

Poor Sym...he is so scared...

I second iamobiwan....The Angst...I love it!!!;)

More soon!!![:D]

FL @};-

12. goddess_sticks

goddess_sticks Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 19, 2006
    Yea, and update! :D

This was once again wonderful, although upsetting.

I'm worried about Sym and the image of a dead Jaina... [face_worried]

They need to figure this out and stop it! Otherwise the happy mush will stop.

Nice job! =D=

13. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    that was just crazy! i want to know what happens to her!

14. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    What else is bothering you??

Thinking of Symon?s scared words last night; Kyp looked gloomily back at the Skywalker and stated simply,
    ?We have trouble . . .?

?What kind?? Queried Luke in bafflement.

?The Sith kind . . . .?

Kyp needed to share this with both Luke and Jaina.=D=

15. JediBettyBug18

JediBettyBug18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2005
    Chatper 14 was ... [face_hypnotized] And now here in 17... :eek: :_| omg no no nooo!!!

love,
    marybeth

16. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    Thanks to all that have read and commented!
    [face_peace]

17. Jedi-Roxy

Jun 13, 2002
    more soon????????
    Brittney

18. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005

19. jasa

jasa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    i'm not really a k/j-er but i like this story. can i be on the pm list if you have one?

20. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005

Update coming up shortly . . .

21. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    The next part of this long chapter is now up!
    Hope you all enjoy!
    Feel free to comment . .
    :cool:

Please enjoy . . .

[b]~ Chapter 17 ~ Part II of III ~[/b]

It had been three days since the last petrifying ordeal of nightmarish visions. And Symon?s behaviour had dramatically worsened.

Not only did he say nothing at all, he was continuously refusing to eat and go out. Stubbornly he would push away his dinner. He?d hide in his room slamming the door in refusal and grip the doorframe boldly when he was being taken out the house.

Symon?s health was at risk if his doggedly continued to be mute and eat scraps of nothing. Jaina and Kyp had tried to be firm, commanding, comforting and understanding, yet despite their efforts, nothing was changing Symon?s behaviour. Things were spiralling out of control; both Jaina and Kyp were feeling the strain.

?Maybe we should ask a medic to check him over?? Kyp suggested, as he and Jaina stood in the kitchen helping each other make dinner, ?He?s done nothing but nibble lately, that can?t be right.?

?Forcing him to see a doctor would be foolish.? Jaina retorted, ?If we send him to someone, the attention will be on the problems Sym has, we could end up worsening his behaviour by focusing on it.?

Turning away from the stove, Kyp almost glared at her in frustration,
    ?Well, do you have any better ideas? We can?t just keep ignoring it!?

?The doctor idea just isn?t right.? Replied Jaina honestly. She swivelled around to cut up some vegetables on the kitchen counter. Whilst she chopped up the food, she sensed Kyp standing behind her, as he silently contemplated how to address the subject he wanted to discuss.

Annoyance began to grow within him, whatever he seemed to suggest lately Jaina shot down his ideas before they could properly be considered. He could feel her conflicting emotions, she wanted to discuss and do something about Symon?s troubles, but at the same time she to wanted to shut down and act like there was nothing out of the ordinary.

Kyp couldn?t allow her to continue like this. Since the last visions she?d too had began to close down. He had to get her to open up again.

Moving mutely, he wrapped his arms around her waist from behind. Warmly embracing her to his chest. No words were exchanged. Jaina sensed what he was trying to do and reluctantly resisted him at first. But gradually her walls fell. She dropped the knife she was using and stood leaning against the counter with Kyp still holding her. She shook slightly and wavered a little on her feet. Kyp didn?t need to see her face to know she was weeping.

?It?s alright Jaya,? he murmured into her dark curls, ?just talk to me . . .?

Tears could be heard clearly in her voice as she whispered,
    ?Our son is hurting . . I ?I don?t know what to ? I feel stupid.? irritation directed at herself broke into her tone as she added, ?I?m his mother, I should know what to do and I don?t!?

?Shh, I know . .? Kyp soothed, ?we?ll figure it out, Jaina.?

Gently he turned her around to face him. He wiped away a few stray tears from her flushed cheeks and smiled softly at her beautiful face. Both of them were almost sick with worry about Symon. But Jaina was more so, because unlike Kyp, she was bottling her feelings up.

?For two people who know each other so well, our communication is lacking slightly.? Commented Kyp quietly, ?Jaina you have to talk to me when something?s bothering you, otherwise you?ll end up hurting as well. I don?t find it easy to talk about Symon?s worrying behaviour, but I try and discuss it with you because I need to. We both need to. We need to figure out how to solve this, for Sym?s sake.?

Soberly Jaina nodded,
    ?I know . . it?s just been a little overwhelming lately ??
    ?Just don?t lock yourself up okay. I need your openness. I need you.? Kyp whispered softly.

With that spoken, Kyp leaned down and placed a lingering kiss upon her forehead. He gave her a brief reassuring smile before turning back to the stove, to

22. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    What, Kyp is going to go all Anakin Skywalker crazy overprotective on us? :p

23. jasa

jasa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    possessive kypie

24. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Oh boy, I didn't like Kyp's possessiveness...I hope he doesn't do something crazy..

I'm worried about Sym and what's going on...[face_worried]

Great update. =D= Wonderfully written and I can't wait for more...[:D]

FL @};-

25. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Many moments of silence dragged by. Until Kyp finally spoke; he hugged her boldly and promised in a hoarse voice,
    ?I won?t lose you.? determination echoed in his words, ?These visions are wrong! You?re mine! I won?t let anyone take you away! You?re mine!?

At his sudden selfish-possessiveness Jaina pulled away slightly. Frowning, she gazed up at his scared emerald eyes. She saw the obvious love, but she also saw the dangerous glint of overprotective-ness glowing in his bright tear-filled gaze.

Something about his words sent a chill down her spine, something about this wasn?t right . . .

Shades of Anakin and PAdme? hmm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.