main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hope Restored!!!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by DARTHCRITIC, Jun 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTHCRITIC

DARTHCRITIC Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 9, 2002
    Well, it had been nearly 4 months since anything new had come my way (Clearwater, Fl.), but now it appears that the new Saga Re-Packaged/Clone Wars figures have finally arrived.

Although this may not sound like anything substancial, but if you are a Florida resident, you are aware that we recieve all of the new merchandise well after everyone else. Getting to the point, if we are finding new shipments, the, chances are, everyone is as well.

I'd say that's good news.

If you find anything new, feel free to post and let us all know about it!

DARTHCRITIC

2. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    So, I assume this is the "found Clone War figs" like the "haven't found any 2003 figs yet" thread, right?

Good idea! :)

I'll, um, point in 2 months when I find the stuff. :p

(should we change the thread to something about "Found Clone Wars figures!" or something? :confused: )

3. DARTHCRITIC

Oct 9, 2002
    Actually, I didn't find any of the new Clone Wars toys, but my Uncle saw them at TRU and told me. By the time I got there, they were gone, leaving me starring at a gaping hole were the remnants of new Star Wars figures had been....

I was somewhat displeased, as if you didn't already know.

However, I have been seeing the two latest Saga waves rather readily. Again, all hope has not been lost yet. About two weeks ago, it was fading fast, but it has been somewhat restored!

You've got to keep looking!

DARTHCRITIC

4. Darth-Clossinius

Darth-Clossinius Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 2, 2002
    I've seen nothing. Out of desperation the other day i bought the 12" Gammorrean guard, even though it was expensive, and a slice and dice anakin w/geo that I never got before. I wish Hasbro and Retailers would get crackin' on getting the new stuff out.

I have a bad feeling that around xmas/newyears all the old 2003 product we are missing now will be DUMPED on us.

5. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    Wow, I used to live there, but i moved :(

But my dad is down the this weekend, so maybe i can convince him to going to target or somewhere!!!

6. DyeJedi

DyeJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2003
    Heh, I thought from the title you meant that you'd gotten a broken plate restored. Ah well.

I got an Action Fleet A-Wing today, it's only 8 years old. Ha! I love my action fleet stuff, wish there was something new in stores other the the Solar Sailors (honestly, who wants to play with those?) and Naboo fighters. Can't wait for Blue A-Wings, or Jango Slave 1.

7. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    All we have for action fleet around here are these stupid Snowspeeders. I don't collect action fleet, so I don't know if the snowspeeder is an old ship or not, but I see it alllll the time and it's really annoying.

8. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    Most action fleet classic trilogy vehicles are simple rehashes. The snowspeeder? Total rehash. The AT-AT? Rehash with white powder on it. Jango's Slave 1? Another rehash, its just Boba's repainted. Same with the A-Wing. And the X-Wing. and TIE fighters and everything. Except now, there are no little micro machine figures that come with them. Back in 95-98, action fleet items were like 7 bucks, including two little mini figures. But now, they charge ten bucks for the same stuff, without the figures. Doesn't really add up to much, does it? Oh wait, yes it does. It adds up to that Hasbro blows and I hope it goes out of freakin buisiness. May the Force be with you.

9. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Wow, I can feel the love all the way over here...

10. DyeJedi

May 20, 2003
    Ha! So true! But I think the stuff has always been 10 bucks for me. Is the Jango Slave out yet? I keep seeing pictures, Starwars.com says released December 02, but nothing here.

11. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Yes, and technically like 15 figures were released in January '03.

Honestly, those dates don't matter. ;) :p

12. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    Down here, the action fleet has always been $10...even back when they came with the tiny pilots. The only one that I like is the solar sailor.

13. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    Alleluia! Alleluia!

Clone Wars figures have indeed arrived at TRU. Just picked up the only Clone Trooper Army pack they had left.

14. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    I so want that clone trooper 3-pack. I'll be going out of town, a nice 500 miles away on summer vacation tomorrow to Dallas. I'm gonna check out the Toys 'R Us stores over there and hopefully I'll find something.

15. Jedijace007

Jedijace007 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Hope is restored! I found the new Snowtrooper and Jango (re-hash), so they are coming!!!! The new packaging RULES!!!!

16. DyeJedi

May 20, 2003
    Does the Snowtrooper have a really crappy body like the StormTrooper in the Imperial Forces set? Honestly, that poor quality pisses me off.

17. DARTHCRITIC

Oct 9, 2002
    Ok, ok! I know I started this thread, but I, of all people, thought it to be wise to share my latest SW finds...

...Today, after work, I went to my local TRU (Clearwater), just to give it a peek. Honestly, they haven't had anything new in about four months. "What the hell is going on?!?" I kept asking myself. It's supposed to be a toy store for crying out loud. Well, I walk in and, what do you know, Clone Wars multi-packs, and also, to my real surprise, the Anakin/Dooku speeder bikes!

I just about **** my pants. 1)Because I hadn't seen anything new for quite a while. 2)Because I didn't have any cash on me. I ran home real quick, grabbed my money, went back and got everything I could.

It was a good trip and money well spent.

Good luck everyone!

Keep me posted!

DARTHCRITIC

18. DyeJedi

May 20, 2003
    I'm finding tons of the Clone Trooper 3pck items! And they're free! Now, the realism isn't quite there.... acutally, they kinda look like yellow bar codes. Say, wait a minute!

Heh, empty pegs all around for me.

19. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I haven't seen a new Star Wars figure since the dawn of time.

20. DARTHCRITIC

Oct 9, 2002
    You'd think that I would be satisfied, but this happens to me every time I find something new...

...I woke up this morning and had the urge to go find more SW toys. As you know, I just found a bunch of new stuff just yesterday, but that, in my mind, made no difference what so ever. I guess you could say that I got greedy, thinking that every time I step out the door, I'm going to find something new.

I was obviously wrong! Not one thing! I did see some more Clone Wars multi-packs at another TRU location (Tyrone), but it was all the same stuff, so I didn't buy anything.

Again, good luck everyone. Post up with any news!

DARTHCRITIC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.