main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Hope to Those Who Have None (An Entry for the Winter Holiday Fanfic Contest, O/Cs, Completed 12/23)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Ty-gon Jinn, Dec 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    The candle in the window could be seen in the distance, a beacon of warmth and welcome to the weary travelers.

Already, the occupants of the landspeeder had spent more than an hour traveling across the snow-covered landscape. They were, in fact, going to be late, but, surely, a few minutes would be forgivable.

The city of Sint-Redlumburg was a long trip from the outlying town of Atiram, but Hailin Anglotov was ready to make the trip. He had been invited to a party that would surely give him the opportunity to network, and meet people in all the right places. The party was given by a friend he had met at the office of Kameer and Goway Publishers, the leading producers of datapads and hardbound flimsiplasts in the Sector.

It was Midwinter?s Night, in truth, little more than a manufactured holiday that served as an excuse for bankers? days off, school pageants, and office parties, but, in the years since Sovereign Sikhov had declared it an observance, it had grown to take on more meaning.

The day marked the halfway point between the winter solstice on All Saints? Eve and the spring equinox three months later. Svazdipir, the day after the solstice, was celebrated as a Kameer holiday because, supposedly, it heralded the coming of Light to the universe. The celebration of Midwinter?s Night became a celebration of the end of winter, for the next morning?s dawn marked the day closer to the end of winter than its beginning, and the lengthening of days again. As light came back to the planet, the coming of light to the galaxy was celebrated again.

Hailin Anglotov smiled as he thought of Midwinter?s Night. It was on a Midwinter?s Night more than a decade earlier that he had gotten his first novel published.

That winter had been bittersweet, however. He recalled his hasty departure from Coruscant, and his taking in of the boy who had seemed to follow him. Tsion Sint-Rostovwan, as the boy had called himself, the Called Apprentice of Saint Rostov, had seemed to be escaping.

It was the day that the Jedi Temple had been attacked by agents of Chancellor Palpatine?s New Order. In all probability, the boy had probably been a Jedi. If any culture was safe for a Jedi refugee, it was that of Kecyrk. The Kameer Orthodox Church held Jedi in only the highest esteem, and, though the agents of the Empire had banned the Kameer Orthodoxy, the beings all over Kecyrk continued to mourn the collapse of the Jedi Order.

When Hailin called him on it, Tsion admitted to being a Jedi. His name was Tsilas Patmose, a former student of a Kameer Jedi Master.

With the long life and vivid memories typical of their species, most of the Kameer were still reeling from the sudden premature death of Ethe Armothwan Rostov, the saint alluded to in the name of Anglotov?s ward, when that Midwinter?s Night had arrived. Rostov had been a Jedi Master, killed in the Battle of the Arena on Geonosis. Rostov had been only the twenty-third Kameer Jedi inducted into the Order, and died only weeks after witnessing the Knighting ceremony of the twenty-fourth, Ethe Anasaziwan Ukranov.

Rostov had been canonized the year of his death on All Saints? Eve, as was custom, and on that night, the aurora that had appeared on Svazdipir several previous years shone more brightly than ever before. Many called it a tribute to Rostov, others proclaimed it as a herald that Light truly had come to the universe, even in the onset of darkness. The dancing lights had been more brilliant, and more vibrant than ever, and some even said that the lights sang, a chorus of sounds that were verbal and yet somehow not vocal, as if they were perfectly spoken words not uttered by any creatures but simply the resonations of the lights themselves. It had been a glorious display, and the Kameer had celebrated for years.

They celebrated until the darkness claimed another one of their own.

Premature death had taken the twenty-fourth Kameer Jedi, as well. Both he and his former master, the human Fallon Anasazi, had been counted among the dead when the first wave

2. STARDOG-D-JEDI

STARDOG-D-JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    Man the details, the details! How do you do it. All in a land speeder ride at that! I'm not that familer with the expanded universe. Are these all your charcters? If so. Out of sight man. Hopeful one day I can get more original works like this going. Jedi's and churchs?
    Where does it come from? I like it. Keep it up!

3. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Oh good. Another story about Tsion. Love the detail! Looking forward to seeing what is going to happen on the holiday... Good job.

4. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    You did it again. You created another excellent story. I like the timing of the story. I'm also glad you have the character Tison in it also. You have done a great job again with the details and letting us know what has happen to past characters also.

Count me as a reader for this story.

5. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    STARDOG-D-JEDI: Yup, they're all mine. I made up the Kameer for a challenge response a while a go, and I ended up getting plot bunnies abounding in my head for first one and then another Winter Holiday Fanfic Contest entry starring the Kameer. I actually have not gone much into depth on their society, save these entries themselves, and there's a lot more under the surface, so they'll probably be more developed in some of my other stories.

EDIT: Honestly, I'm not that familiar with the Expanded Universe either. I try to stay at least kind of true to it, but to do that, I have to rely on other fanfic authors. I haven't read any of the books, excepting the official movie novelizations. Of course, I do own a Complete Guide to the Star Wars Galaxy, so that helps.

I'm really glad you like all the detail! I'm just trying to flush out some of their culture. As for the church, I had to figure that there was some culture out there that had a real church but revered Jedi at the same time; for more on that, you can see my other entry, "Home for the Holidays," over on the Before the Saga board. The oppression was inspired by communism, in a way... the Jedi philosophy was obviously a threat to Palpatine, so he squelched all institutions that caused thought he didn't like. Figures, right?

dianethx: Since you commented on both "Home for the Holidays," and, way back when, on "The Calling," I have to ask... which Tsion? Tsion Maorov, aka Ethe Ukranov, or Tsion Sint-Rostovwan, aka Tsilas Patmose?

Oh, well, either works, they're both featured here. :) Thanks for the compliment.

CrystalKenobi: Yay! My loyal upper from the other thread is here! I'm glad you like this one... I have a long history planned out for the Svazdipir lights, actually... maybe I'll end up posting more of these. ;)

6. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    The wind had been blowing fiercely on the lunar colony that day; the outlying Kameer civilization on Kecryk?s lone moon had a harsh winter climate most of the year, and its official winter solstice nearly perfectly lined up with Midwinter?s Night on the planet below.

The lunar colony, however, was rather more ?outlander-friendly? than the civilization below, in that more buildings were constructed to accommodate the height of visitors of other species.

The Kameer were tiny, lithe beings, compared often to a bipedal version of the weasels native to the Coruscant mountains before they were overrun with cityscape. It was rare that any one Kameer would grow to be more than a meter tall, so, even though their architecture favored high ceilings and other such tall features, beings of other species found it uncomfortable to go through doors or around chandeliers in Kameer homes. It was on the lunar colony that outlander civilization had grown up around the Kameer, a sort of outpost on the way to the rest of the galaxy.

A few outlying towns had sprung up on the frigid highlands of the small globe, all clustered around the central township of Punniisvet, the only spaceport the moon had to offer. Punniisvet itself was perched on the precipice of a cliff looking down into a lowland, a dense fog forest full of evercolored trees covered in mists so thick that one could not even see halfway to the forest floor.

Tsilas and Hailin had been there earlier that day, visiting some of the shops there. In preparation for the party, Hailin had wanted to get a small bottle of hrakna, a potent Kameer liquor customarily served in holiday punches, to bring for his host, and he had felt that Tsilas would appreciate a trip at least as far as the lunar colony.

On the highlands, a snowstorm was blowing across the plains, and the wind howled across the cliffs below Punniisvet as snow blew into enormous drifts along all the walls.

The center of town lay right against the cliffs, and, against the sheer drop, a large wall had been built, turning the plaza into a sort of observation deck to look into the fog-covered lowlands. Against the wall was a sort of semicircle, with a long, sloping ramp up the edge of the circle so that the rounded top was raised to provide entrance to the central complex where the Kameer government was represented, and the principal guardtower of the lunar colony towered above. Along the ramps were stores and hotels, including a fine food shop where Hailin had gone to get the hrakna.

Tsilas, now a lanky young man of twenty and a good three feet taller than his Kameer caretaker, had stayed out in the snow, thankful for his warm jacket, to look down into the forest.

Seeing other humans was much more common on the lunar highlands than on Kecyrk itself, so when a tall blonde lady had come up next to him, he had not thought much of it.

?I wasn?t aware that there was another one of us here,? she had said quietly, when a few moments had passed in silence.?

?It?s a lot more common here than on the planet,? Tsilas said, just making conversation. ?Where are you from??

?Coruscant,? the lady had replied. ?I left about the same time you did.?

This had struck Tsilas as odd. ?How did you know I came from Coruscant? And when??

The lady had looked at him. ?I saw you. I saw you running from the Archive.?

The boy had nearly panicked, and, swallowing hard, he got ready to run through the archway that would lead him to the shuttle parking. No one was supposed to know him; that was why he had called himself ?Tsion Sint-Rostovwan.?

?When I said ?another one of us,?? the lady said, ?I didn?t mean a human.? She dropped her voice to a whisper. ?I meant a Jedi.?

?Are you ready?? Hailin repeated. ?Hello? It scheemes like you?re a million milesh away,? he added with his customary speech impediment.

Tsilas shook his head, snapping back to there and then. ?Sorry, Hailin. Yeah, let?s go.?

7. Tygon_Jinnus

Tygon_Jinnus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2002
    The home of Anglotov?s associate had been well-decorated for the party. It was a typically designed Kameer home, with the front door placed between several windows and opening into a large living room, which opened into the kitchen on the opposite side. Two halls ran off in opposite directions, toward the bedrooms, but the party guests had all congregated in the large living area, and the kitchen?s placement became incredibly fortuitous when the kitchen table was used as a snack buffet.

As usual, Tsilas had to stoop to get through the door, but, once inside, didn?t even feel that out of place. He had been living with Hailin for years now, and was rather used to being the tallest one in the room.

Hailin found the host and hugged him, presenting him with the hrakna they had just picked up on Punniisvet. ?Congratulationsch,? he offered. ?It took me sho much longer to get Watching Ana Gilenya published. I read your story, too, and it?sch really good!?

?Thanks, Hailin,? the host said, smiling, as he took the coats from the newly arrived guests.

Motioning up to the more conspicuous guest, he introduced his companion to the host. ?I?d like you to meet a friend of mine who?s been shtaying with me since I left Coruscant. Thish ish Tshion Schint-Roshtovwan,? he said, using Tsilas? assumed named. ?Tshion, thish ish Shath Shulvich Lorenya Maorov.?

?Excuse me?? Tsilas asked.

?Sath Maorov,? the host offered, enunciating just enough that he could get the name across without seeming to insult Hailin. Whistled s sounds were fairly common among Kameer, but Hailin had become rather touchy about his speech patterns living on Coruscant. ?It?s nice to meet you, Tsion. Make yourself at home.?

?Thank you,? Tsilas replied. ?It?s nice to meet you, too.?

As Tsilas began looking around, nearly running into a light fixture in the process, Hailin moved to help Sath with the coats.

?Ish everything all right, Shath??

?Yeah,? Sath Sulvich responded, sighing. ?That?s just an? interesting name your friend has.?

?Tshion?? Hailin thought for a second. ?Yeah, I thought it wasch odd that he had a Kameer name, but there?sh a little more to hisch shtory than?? suddenly, he caught himself, and swore at himself silently under his breath. ?Wait, your brother?sh name was Tshion, too, waschn?t it? Force, I?m schorry??

?No, no, Hailin, it?s fine. It?s just? I?m fine. It?s been forty years since I saw him, I?m not going to have to hold a little funeral service every time someone mentions his name.?

?Schtill, I should have thought about that. I had forgotten you had a Tshion for a brother??

Tsilas couldn?t help overhearing. ?Really? You had a brother named Tsion??

Sath sighed as Tsilas walked back over. ?Yes, I did.?

Noticing a holocard snapshot of a large family, undoubtedly Maorov?s, Tsilas picked it up. ?Is this him??

?No,? Sath said, shaking his head. ?That?s Asran. He?s a teacher now, at the academy on the other side of town. The one standing next to him is Alinimir, he?s an aide to Sovereign Minoaov.?

?Him, then??

Sath nearly laughed. ?No, that?s my little brother, Sath Sulvichva. He?s a Deputy Consular now, working in the Junior Ambassador?s office.?

?So this was taken before Tsion was born??

?No, no, that was the Widwinter?s Night after,? Sath said, sobering up again. ?He was taken to become a Jedi. Tsion is the name given to most Force-sensitive Kameer before they are given their Jedi honorific.?

?Oh,? Tsilas said, stopping short, and putting down the holocard. ?Wait, you don?t mean Master Rostov??

Sath almost laughed again. ?No, I don?t. Mom sometimes called him our ?Uncle Ethe,? but he was sixty years too old to be my brother.? Sath smiled, then thought of something. ?Wait, how did you know Master Rostov??

?I met him a few times,? Tsilas said, scrambling for something to say, ?On Coruscant.?

Hailin cleared his throat, and then said, ?Tshion, I think it?sch okay for you to tell them. Nobody will shay anything.?

Tsilas shot a look down at Hailin, and Sath just st

8. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Sorry for posting with my sock there. :)

9. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    ?When I said ?another one of us,?? the lady said, ?I didn?t mean a human.? She dropped her voice to a whisper. ?I meant a Jedi.?

Hailin continued. ?Hisch real name isch Tshilash Patmoshe, and he eshcaped the Jedi Temple the schame day Knight Ukranov died.?

You have wonderful plot going on here.

10. STARDOG-D-JEDI

STARDOG-D-JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    Outstanding!

The speech impetement was too funny! Almost dare I say gungan? I loved it!

The plot is great as well. I can't wait to find out why he ran away. I can't believe these are all your characters! Man the force is strong with you! No doubt!

11. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Up for the holiday reading time.

12. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    CrystalKenobi: Wonderful? Wow. Thanks. ;) I'm happy to keep it coming...

STARDOG-D-JEDI: Why he ran away? It was a purge, he was a Jedi, can I make it any more obvious? :p I've tried to make it obvious so this story can stand on its own, but I guess I'll have to work just a little more into it...

Can you believe Hailin's (pronounced with "Hai" like the first syllable of "Jai alai" -- I guess it's like the first two syllables of "Highlander") speech impediment is pre-existing? He's had it since I wrote about Tsilas escape itself last spring in a fic I called "The Calling." Hailin himself is based on a guy who whistles his Ss that way.

The encounter in Punniisvet had flooded Tsilas? mind at the first mention of a Kameer Jedi. As he described it, it seemed almost like describing a dream ? the events were too unlikely. He had remembered the conversation, but everything else ? everything around him had become suddenly unreal ? whether the content was simply more real or his mind was playing tricks on him, he couldn?t be sure.

?I don?t know what you?re talking about?? Tsilas had said, backing away.

?Really,? the woman had replied, ?I was a Jedi, too.?

?Lady, you could really get yourself in trouble saying things like that. Don?t you remember? The Empire?s new order? It?s been over a decade.?

?I saw you running from the archives,? she said. ?Over the hill and into the transport. One of the Emperor?s agents was right on your heels.?

?I think you have me mistaken for someone else??

The woman had extended her hand, and Tsilas recognized the familiar glint of a lightsaber. Just as he was turning to run, he felt her ? or, rather, some feeling of her through the Force ? holding him back. She held out the lightsaber, blunt end toward Tsilas.

Reaching out, he grabbed it, and shoved it in his own pocket, making it at least harder for her to get it if she were to turn on him, but she had not. She had smiled.

?You are a Jedi?? Tsilas had asked. ?How did you???

?Same as you,? the woman had interrupted. ?Once I got out of the Temple, I managed to outrun one of those things and hop a refugee transport. I was right behind you.? Sighing she had laughed, ?This is an unexpected reunion. My name is Carolyn Eyaf.?

?Tsilas Patmose?? he had said, quietly. ?But? If you could follow me,? Tsilas had stuttered, ?then why didn?t they??

The woman had laughed. ?You changed ships. They lost you at the hub.?

Tsilas had recalled that ? he had followed Hailin to Kecyrk. ?So what are you doing here??

?I heard about this place on my ship,? she said. ?The Kameer revere Jedi ? they were subject to persecution that day, too. They fled Coruscant en masse.?

?And you?ve been hiding here??

?No,? she had replied, ?I?ve been hiding with my friends. We have a small hideout on Corellia, where we?ve been in contact with a small band of resistance fighters. I came here because I heard about the holiday. I wanted to thank the Kameer.?

?Thank them? For what??

?I can?t possibly find the right family, I just want to get a message to the people who still celebrate their Orthodox holidays. I want them to know that?? she had sighed. ?That it wasn?t in vain.?

?You?re starting to scare me,? Tsilas had said. ?What are you talking about?

?I know that he was the only Kameer in the Order. I want them to know that there was a reason he was there on that day.? She paused. ?There were four of us. Me, Joshua Di?arris, Nikole Sopran, and Amela Pharri. Those people were after us, and they had us backed into a corner? but they were distracted. Someone took a shot at them.? Receiving only a puzzled look from Tsilas, she had gone on. ?They had gone off after the aggressors. I was able to hide us while they looked. There were two of those aggressors, a human, and a being I couldn?t place until I saw a Kameer in the refugee craft. The human I knew, Fallon Anasazi.?

?They were a master and padawan??

?I think so. Both were killed, but we got away.?

?Why are you telling me this??

?I can?t sta

13. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    The door slid shut, and the partygoers, still silent from listening to their tallest guest, had whirled around at the sound.

?Mom,? Sath Sulvich stumbled to run across the room at take Sulva Maorovna?s coat. ?Mom, how long have you been there??

Sulva sighed. ?I head the whole story, Sulvich,? she whispered.

?You did??

?Sulvich, it has been too easy to forget Svazdipir. The lights haven?t been shining ever since Rostov?s death.?

?Sometimes it?s easier to forget, Mom, don?t try to blame yourself??

?I?m not blaming anyone for anything,? she said. ?I?m just pointing out that we can?t forget. Even if we have to celebrate on Midwinter?s Night, we can?t forget that those lights were shining brighter than ever. Those lights were singing, Sulvich.? Sulva paused. ?That story? is the greatest reminder I have ever heard. We can?t ever waste a holiday mourning for him. Do you remember what Master Rostov read that last Svazdipir??

Sulvich smiled, as he recited, from memory, what the elder Kameer Jedi had read after his little brother had been identified as Force sensitive. ? And this shall be the sign: The lights will herald the name of the one who brings hope to those who have none.?

Sulva recited the end of the Jedi Enlightenment. ?And upon the onset of the darkest of times, the Order shall remember the lights, and rejoice, for Light Itself has come to the universe to break the siege of darkness.?

?He brought hope to those who had none,? Sulvich said with a smile.

?He still is,? Sulva corrected.

Tsilas watched as the two Kameer had their conversation, oblivious to what they were saying. ?Hailin, you don?t think I?ve dredged up bad memories for the mother, do you??

Hailin, still in shocked silence, had taken a moment before responding. ?Tschilash, no. Shomething tellsch me that there isch nothing better you could poshibly have shaid.?

Sulva looked up and began marching across the room with a determined glint in her eyes. Tsilas shifted nervously in his tracks, waiting for her to arrive.

As Sulva reached the larger man, she started to reach around his waist, then beckoned him downward. As Tsilas knelt, Sulva threw her arms around him.

Tsilas sighed happily as Sulva said, nearly in tears, ?Thank you for the greatest gift anyone?s ever given me.?

?Happy Midwinter?s, Missus Maorovna,? Tsilas said.

14. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    ? And this shall be the sign: The lights will herald the name of the one who brings hope to those who have none.?

Sulva recited the end of the Jedi Enlightenment. ?And upon the onset of the darkest of times, the Order shall remember the lights, and rejoice, for Light Itself has come to the universe to break the siege of darkness.?

?He brought hope to those who had none,? Sulvich said with a smile.

?He still is,? Sulva corrected.

My favorite parts of the posts. Because they remind me of Chirst. I hope I do not offend you by saying that. But this is the way I interrpeted it.

15. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    CrystalKenobi: I really don?t mind at all. I wanted a real Biblical feel ? a lot of this story is inspired by my desire not to make a substitute for Christmas for the GFFA, but to see how Christmas itself might transpire. The original Svazdipir light ? the unexplained celestial event ? I can imagine as finally arriving on earth over a thousand years later to herald a turning point in the history of the universe, and so the subsequent Svazdipir aurora serves as a reminder to the Kameer that Light Itself will come to the universe to break the siege of darkness. Just wait to see how far I?m actually going to take that thread ? there?s going to be a real marker of Christ?s story in the third installment of this little trilogy, ?This New Year?s Eve.?

Now, obviously, Squeaky Maorov/Tsion Sathvich Rostoya/Knight Ethe Anasaziwan Ukranov is not himself a Christ figure ? he never performed a miracle, he wasn?t a great teacher, though he died to save people who didn?t know him, he was neither betrayed nor was there a resurrection, and, of course, he was far from being a virgin birth (he was part of a ?litter? of three, thus being the eleventh child of Sath Torvich and Sulva Maorov). However, he is a ?Called One,? a herald, a reminder to the Order. As I said in ?Home for the Holidays,? no perfect plan could leave a part of Creation separated from the turning point of history, so Squeaky was ?A voice crying in our galaxy,? as Rostov called him.

In a way, he?s sort of a John the Baptist figure, so the more attention he calls to Christ, the better.

Hopefully, that aspect of my story doesn?t offend anyone. I?ve never been one to split hairs over non-offensive religious content, and I?ve always prided myself on not giving a flip for political correctness. :) If blatant religious content offends my readers, I have to apologize, but it?s been there, to lesser degrees, in my other stories, and a Christmas fic just gave me the opportunity to better express it.

Actually, it gave me the opportunity to develop a really interesting parallel. ?This New Year?s Eve? will include some bits of Kameer prophecy and a bit of well-know Star Wars fact, and some time-line pieces that will hopefully connect correctly?

As Hailin Anglotov gathered up his and Tsilas? coats, Sulva Maorovna stopped the taller being, grabbing him by the elbow.

The hrakna had turned out to be the perfect gift; the guests had all toasted to Jedi Knight Ethe Anasaziwan Ukranov and to the hope he brought to those who had none. The party had lasted well past midnight, and everyone was in high spirits when the host had announced that it was getting rather late.

Hailin and Tsilas had been among the last to leave, still swapping storied with Sath and Sulva, about Coruscant and the Jedi Order; Sulva was especially interested in Tsilas? few memories of Master Rostov. He guessed that she wanted to share one with him when she stopped him in the middle of putting on his nerf-leather trenchcoat, but as he turned around, he saw her holding a thin box.

?Tsion Sint-Rostovwan,? she said, using the name Rostov had given him not as a name but as a title, Called Apprentice of Saint Rostov, ?Tonight, you gave me the greatest gift I have ever received. I know it?s not much, but I want to try to return the favor.?

?Mrs. Maorovna, I couldn?t possibly?? Tsilas began to protest, but she thrust it into his hands. Fumbling the lid open, he pulled out a tall piece of wax topped with string. ?It?s a? candle??

?We?ve been lighting those for Squeaky? I mean, Knight Ukranov every year since we heard about the Temple,? she said. ?But this year, you have given me hope for the galaxy ? my son brought hope back to Kecyrk again. The time for mourning has passed.?

?That?s very sweet, Mrs. Maorovna??

?Tsilas, listen. You were never here to see the Svazdipir lights. They haven?t been seen since Master Rostov died, but after your news, I believe they will shine again. And you may not have seen that glorious light show, but??

Tsilas looked down at the candle,

16. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    FORWARD and UP for readers who didn't see this earlier. I hope everyone had a truly blessed Christmas holiday. :)

17. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
  18. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    That was great! On to the next one!

19. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Lt_Jaina_Solo: You beat me to the punch! I just posted links to these over on This New Year's Eve for you! Well, I'm glad you liked it. Thanks for the kind comment. :)

20. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    You're welcome!

21. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Ty-Gon:

Again, excellent descriptions: it's very clear how well you have visualised the settings for the story. Sadder, and yet faintly hopeful, as fits the time after the Purges.

Thanks for the future history on the Kameer Jedi who we only saw as a toddler in the previous story. I'm all teary. :)

*Derisa*

22. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    _Derisa_Ollamhin_: Teary? Wow. Well, I'm glad "sad but hopeful" came across well. ;)

Thanks for posting.

23. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    I?m worried what will happen to the Kameer. Even though their veneration of the Jedi is officially forbidden, the fact that they continue to do it suggests that the Emperor will take a great interest in their world. Even to the installation of an Imperial Garrison?

It gets a bit confusing, though, with people changing names & taking names of earlier characters? without a geneaology or a scorecard you might want to put in more information earlier for those readers who haven?t followed the series from the beginning. Now that you aren?t under time constraints, you might want to rework these three into one. There are some gaps that need filling in, and by the third in the series, things seemed out of joint.

24. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Sorry, here's a really vague praise because I wasn't sure what exactly I felt about it. But "Hard to quite describe it, but TGJ always pleases. "

25. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Renata: I'm not afraid to admit the obvious - this was the weak link in my trilogy. I knew it from the moment I started posting it, actually. I'm glad it was interesting, at least.

I wasn't sure exactly how well it would go over, but once I had stuck Tsilas in there (where the name-changes get really confusing... Tsilas actually has a pretty significant existence elsewhere as one of my O/Cs) I didn't want to overload the fic with his history, but I wanted to stay true to it. I was a little wary, but I didn't want to change it, even though it would probably drag down this particular fic.

Ish: I'm glad to hear you think so highly of me. :) Now I just have to get over to Swings and Roundabouts to continue the "pleasing" adventures of our young padawans...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.