main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA Hopeful New Member

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Bartman76, May 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bartman76

Bartman76 Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2007
    Hi all. My name's Brian from Spokane. I just got back from C4 and am excited to become a part of the 501st. I don't have any armor or costumes yet but am looking forward to getting some in the (hopefully) very near future. If I have permission I would love to join you for the CD'A BBQ. Directions would be wonderful if I'm invited.

2. Daramin_of_The_Way

Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2004
    I e-mailed you, but welcome to the Spokantina and I have no doubt you would be welcome at the BBQ and I will get you directions as soon as I discuss some fine details with Jarus.

3. ewok_jedi

ewok_jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 5, 2005
    When is this BBQ my friends? I need to get away from TC again soon ...

4. Bartman76

Bartman76 Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2007
    My apologies about making you reply multiple times. I just flew in last night and my connecting flight was supposed to get me home by about 9ish but was cancelled and I had to catch another that got me home at about 1ish am. I look forward to meeting you all

5. Bartman76

Bartman76 Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2007
    BTW I neglected to mention that my lack of organization and coherence was due to the lateness of the hour

6. ewok_jedi

Nov 5, 2005
    Eh don't worry about it, some of the people up there aren't coherent at any time of day :p

I hope to see you the next time I visit spokane for a Fan Force meeting

7. Bartman76

Bartman76 Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2007
    I'm looking into getting some armor on Ebay. Is there any particular type of trooper that you don't have, or are hoping for someone to get?

8. ewok_jedi

Nov 5, 2005
    As far as I know there is no one in the Spokantina has completed armor ...

I was talking with JumpingJax before C4 about getting parts of Royal Guard armor from him since he has a mold made and might be making kits to seel to people. You might inquire of him about such ...

9. Daramin_of_The_Way

Oct 30, 2004
    No worries on this end. Was not sure how often you would checking the boards.
    As far as the BBQ goes, Jarus is going to need to post details on that as I am unsure, other than it is supposed to be this Saturday and the schedule says CDA BBQ, so I am guessing it is in Idaho, but I could be wrong.

10. ewok_jedi

Nov 5, 2005
    Drat! I have plans all day saturday :(

I guess I will have to see you all around some other time then ...

11. JarusSarn

JarusSarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2004
    Hey guys, sorry I'm just now replying to all this madness :D

I think we'll be pushing back the BBQ a few weeks. My folks are heading to Hawaii on vacation in another couple weeks or so, so they'll be gone for a good 2 weeks. That seems to be the best chance to have the BBQ, since we traditionally have it at their place. I'll post a solid date soon, hopefully Anthony can make it to this one. ;)

12. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Also, Brian, if you'd like to pick out an avatar (icon) from the force.net here in the forums, I'll upload it to the Spokantina site so you can use it there.

13. Padmaye

Padmaye Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 26, 2006
    Hi Guys!
    Actually, John, I was thinking we ought to NOT have the BBQ at your parents', as we are all adults and that just feels weird. So, I would like to volunteer my house, sometime in July, for the big annual event! I am making some changes in my yard that ought to make it a pleasant place for our gathering; I'll even have a BBQ by then. You boys can bring your extra televisions for video game fun. Mason can bring his children and they can play outside or in Baxter's room - it's just better for the group as a whole, I think.

Since your parents are doing a reception for you and Kelli on June 10th (that is the date your mom gave me, anyway), let's discuss the July date then and I'll get it posted.

Hope you and Kelli had a fun honeymoon. Talk to you all soon, I hope!

Padmaye

14. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    I suppose we can do it at your place, I guess it's just been tradition to have it over here... :( even if few could actually make it over. I guess Kelli and I just want to host something now, we feel like we've been pushing the fan force aside so we could get married, and you guys all helped us a lot, we just want to do something to thank you. That's all.

(P.S. My folks actually thought having the BBQ while they were in Hawaii was a fantastic idea... just for the record. :D)

15. Daramin_of_The_Way

Oct 30, 2004
    So noted, for the record :D

16. Bartman76

Bartman76 Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2007
    Thanks for all the responses. I would love to meet you all at the bbq but if you aren't having it I'll have to find a time when we can grab some brewskis and hang out. I'll let you know about the avatar, thanks for thinking of that.

17. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Don't worry, the BBQ will happen, we just have to decide where and when. ;)

18. ewok_jedi

Nov 5, 2005
    A week from tomorrow maybe? :p

19. Bartman76

Bartman76 Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2007
    Ok well if it's going to happen tomorrow someone had better decide fast. I'm all for it. So hey, BTW I went to get on the airplane and was checking my luggage and carrying on my Luke Skywalker EP VI FX lightsaber. The lady that checked my luggage bag said "I'm sorry, sir, we cannot allow you to bring your lightsaber on board our aircraft." To which I stood dumbfounded for about 2 seconds before she went on with, "it's our policy that we don't allow dangerous weapons to be brought on board of our aircraft and a lightsaber is way more dangerous than a gun which we also don't allow." I started laughing so hard after she said that. She held her composure for about half a second before laughing also. just thought I would share that funny story with you.

Later!

20. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    haha... w00t.

[face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.