main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Hopefully (post TSW, Jaina Solo romantic angst vig - my first ever "published" SW fic)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jedi979, Jan 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi979

jedi979 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2001
    Disclaimer: I own nothing, George Lucas owns everything, and if I attempt to make any credits off this may I be hunted down and killed in a most objectionable manner as an example to anyone foolish enough to do the same.

Title: Hopefully

Description: A romantic vignette which takes place immediately after The Swarm War, as Jaina is recovering in an Alliance med center. Haunted by her last encounter with Jag Fel, she resolves to send him a message...

(Please note that this is the complete story; nothing else will be added.)

The worst thing about being in a medcenter, Jaina Solo thought, was that there was nothing to do but lie there and think. And think. And think. About nothing. About everything. About things you didn't want to think about, but somehow ended up thinking about anyway.

About Jag.

If he was still alive?and she found herself hoping fervently that he was?he hated her now, and with good reason. She had taken up arms against him, and more importantly, she had taken up arms against the Chiss. For Jagged Fel, who had been raised among the Chiss and had accepted their beliefs, morals, and standards as his own, there could be no greater betrayal.

And she had betrayed him. The war between the Killiks and the Chiss certainly hadn't been of her making, but she had allowed herself to be drawn into it, to be consumed by it. Of course Jag had had no choice. However much he loved her?in the past tense, Jaina reminded herself sadly?he could not allow his feelings to interfere.

Poor Jag. They were so much alike, she and he. Both living in the shadows of famous parents, both defined by their sense of duty and obligation to their respective peoples, both carrying the burdens of hundreds, perhaps thousands of lives cut short by their hands. Both looking for something that, unlike those who had the luxury of living life on their own terms, they might never find.

But they had found it... hadn't they?

Hadn't they?

She remembered the quiet moments they had shared, little islands of tenderness amid a raging black sea of death and sorrow and pain. Two weary warriors, finding solace in each other's arms, kissing not only lips, but wounds as well. Finding warmth in the endless cold of space.

Was that all it had been? Had their feelings been nothing more than mutual need, a relationship based on necessity rather than genuine love? No, she told herself firmly, she did love him. And he had, in his own way, loved her. But like her brother Anakin, like Chewbacca, like all the close friends and loyal comrades that had been lost to her over the years, even the best of things could die.

She shifted in her bed, a typical sterile-white affair that could accommodate a wide range of beings. She had been given a private suite; apparently having a former Chief of State as a mother still counted for something. It was just the sort of favoritism Jaina despised, and rejected if given the choice, but for once she didn't mind it. The way she was feeling now, she decided, she'd just as soon be alone. Besides, it would make what she was about to do immeasurably less awkward.

It was a ridiculous idea, really. Jag was more likely to blast anything she sent him with a charric than actually pay attention to it. But she had to try. He had to know how she felt. She reached over to the stand beside her bed and picked up the small holorecorder she'd asked her mother to bring. Apparently Leia had done so while Jaina was sleeping; there was a flimsiplast note on top which read:

Hi, Sweetie. Your father and I have been held up by the usual post-galactic-conflict business, but we'll be in again to see you as soon as we can. Glad to have you back. Love, Mom

Jaina chuckled softly at Leia's wry humor, then grew sober as a familiar lump formed in her throat. Now that her mental link with Zekk and the Killiks was fading, much of what had seemed clear to her was now a swirling fog of uncertainty and regret. She knew the Chiss' goal of exterminating the Killiks was wrong

2. Fiana_Novarr

Fiana_Novarr Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2001
    Oh that was so sad - but really well written! As a big J/J fan, I might not like that ending, but oh well, it was very good anyways!

I am looking forward to reading more stories from you!

Ys, Fia

3. Darth_Tequila

Darth_Tequila Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2006
    Hello,

I've not read the book(s) this is based on, but I can summize the events enough through your writing.

Good job making the pain of the characters involved come through to an un-experienced reader.

DT

4. CloneCommanderCody

CloneCommanderCody Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 21, 2006
    I like the way you were able to bring out the characters emotions. Good job!=D=

5. jedi979

jedi979 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2001
    Thanks for the compliments. :) It should be noted that I didn't mean for the ending to necessarily suggest that Jag is dead (since I don't believe he is), merely that Jaina was unable to sense him.

6. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Great viggie :)

You showed the emotions that Jaina was going thru perfectly.

7. zettazofia

zettazofia Jedi Master star 2

Apr 12, 2004
    Nice to see Jaina's thoughts after- and to see that she's still concerned about Jag.
    Really great ending- definitely upped the angstiness in that little line there. :_|
    Poor Jaina.
    Poor Jag.
    Nice job,
    Zetta

8. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    She remembered the quiet moments they had shared, little islands of tenderness amid a raging black sea of death and sorrow and pain. Two weary warriors, finding solace in each other's arms, kissing not only lips, but wounds as well. Finding warmth in the endless cold of space.

I love this passage, it's so very touching. All in all a very lovely viggie.

9. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    What a beautiful vignette. You did a great job of capturing Jaina as Denning left her at the end of TSW. Bravo! =D=

10. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    I liked it, and I as you, don't believe that he is dead. Keep up the great work!

11. jaya02

jaya02 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2002
    Very well written. I liked it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.