main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Hope's Sanctuary - Complete! A note of thanks

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jedi_keladry, Mar 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I read the whole thing over the last few days. Let me tell you something, keladry- I'm not usually an Obidala at all, but this story was so amazing. You got all the characters so right and I cried for all of them. This was an absolutely beautiful, brilliant way to connect AOTC to the OT. It was poignant and seemed like something that could have been (so very sadly :().

So there you have my top compliments. You made miss 'Obi-Wan's rotting corpse in a cell' cry ;) *tips hat to you*

I wish I could say more now, but I need to go to bed and then out of town for a while. Hopefully, I'll be able to say more when I get back.

-sj loves kevin spacey

2. Darth_da_Vinci

Darth_da_Vinci Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2004
    solojones - I still insist that I have the real Kenobi here in my apartment, and that the bloke in Hawaii with you is a clone.

You really think Obi-Wan could stand to be separated from his cloak for that long? And you've conceded that I have the cloak with me. [face_devil]

But I digress...

Thanks so much for the compliments, wow! I was sure that HS was gone, sinking into the abyss of finished stories forever. It's the first fanfic I've ever done, and the only multi-chapter one I've finished so far.

You got all the characters so right and I cried for all of them.

Wow, wow, wow! Characterization is one of my terrors - I get so worried that I put too much of myself in there that Obi-Wan and Padme are unrecognizeable as themselves.

So many people cringe at the thought of Obidala, and I was one of them. But I never fail to like a well-written interaction between them, even in the ones where Padme and Obi aren't friends. (I'll admit to reading a few Thudaholic-worthy stories here and there, though.) They're both dedicated public servants and good people, for all their shortcomings, shortsightedness, and mistakes. So I see Obidala romances as a form of AU. And I see any interaction between Padme and Obi-Wan that can be described as friendship (or deeper) as Obidala, even if they never end up looking at each other in that way. But that's just me.

I'm grateful that you dropped in for a visit, solojones. Thanks also for your comments.

(I've read through the vignette - it's bloody brilliant - and I have a very few suggestions for it. The hard part of beta-ing for me is not the reading and correcting itself, it's translating the comments back onto the computer so I can send it to the author. But I'm working on that this week!) :)

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    JEDI_KELADRY, WHADDYA MEAN YOU DON'T HAVE A PRAYER OF WINNING? YOU JUST DID!

4. lvk1978

lvk1978 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 27, 2004
    Can you stand to have some more words of praise from a relative newbie at this relatively late date?

I just discovered this story and had to let you know just how entertaining and lovely this story is. Wonderful storytelling, fantastic characterizations -- this puppy's got it all! Lots of great touches everywhere, including this little gem of a passage:

Padmé's shoulders slumped. It was bad enough that he was good-looking and an intelligent, accomplished warrior. She felt like a shaak with a gland problem. ?Well, then you?re just perfect, aren?t you, Master Kenobi?? she grumbled, sarcasm dripping from her voice.

Well, yes, Smarty-pants Padmé! He is our one-and-only Practically Perfect Jedi?. Thanks for doing him justice.

5. TheCrazyRodian

TheCrazyRodian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2004
    I agree--this story has always been one of my favorites. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.