main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY Hoping Everybody made it safe.

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Valhalla, Feb 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valhalla

Valhalla Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2006
    I know this is a trying time for everyone. I hope that everyone has made it through safe and no one has any major damage or loss from this horrible storm. May the force be with us.

2. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    Id like to second that. This has been a life changing storm for our whole area. Im still without power an i sent my kids to michigan till this blows over. Im posting this from my cell phone, which is hard to do with sausage fingers, lol. Anyway, i hope everyone is safe an warm. pv

3. ice1138

ice1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2005
    I agree, this really does change a lot here. We just got power back last night, but no phone, so no internet. I'm having to check my email and such from the library.

4. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    We are good but still without power. I just got power and internet back at my work today. Good times.

5. Valhalla

Valhalla Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2006
    We actually had damage to the weather head on the house so we are without power until that is fixed at least. Electrician came out today and it's not gonna be a fortune, but it won't be till the end of the week. Then we have to wait for Jackson Purchase to reconnect the house. At least where we are staying has power.

6. thesilverspyder

thesilverspyder Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2007
    Julia and I are still without power and internet. We have been staying at my folks house with a generator. We have been pretty fortunate. Going to work has never been more exciting when there is electricity, heat, and internet.

I'm so glad to hear that everyone else is okay for the most part and making it through.

Did I hear something is going on this Saturday?

7. SithMonger

SithMonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    Well, besides worrying about everybody else, I was fine. Growing up on a farm teaches you things, ya know? lol. I had gas logs and water heater that heated the whole house and let me take hot showers, so I felt pretty well off. I had plenty of food but did have to remove most of the tree out of my front yard to get my car out. Of course, it took a while to hear from everyone but everyone I know was okay. I hope it's the same on everyone else's end.

At the minimum, this will give us something to say "well, back in my day..." about to our grandkids, but I know we'll never forget it.

A lot of the situation, I think, has been an eye opener to a lot of people. And then there are some who still just don't get it and I feel sorry for them.

But, glad everyone is doing ok!

8. DarkLordOsirisPrime1

DarkLordOsirisPrime1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2006
    I'm happy to see that everyone's doing alright; hate to hear that some of you don't have any power. Hope you get it back soon. My wife and I got ours back Saturday morning and cable back on Tuesday. Alot of damage to our property and some to my truck from limbs though. Oh well, it could be worse. If anyone needs anything, let me know. I'll try to help if I'm available. Is there something Saturday?

9. ice1138

ice1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2005
    Just got power and internet back monday and tues, respectivley.

10. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    Hey guys, were still without power, dnt know when well get it. Nothng is on for saturday that i know of, but if everyone wanted to do something id b interested, i just couldnt host it. pv

11. thesilverspyder

thesilverspyder Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2007
    I got this on my Facebook from Corey (Atin) Miller

"Josh, get in touch with Barbie a bunch of us are coming up there Saturday to help with supplies and labor :), hang in there brother."

UPDATE: Got my power back on. Just waiting on cable and internet now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.