main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Horn Family Fans...Request for help.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Skywalker2B, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    As some of you here may know, I'm a big fan of Corran Horn and his family. In fact, my costume for the Rebel Legion is Corran Horn. Now my daughter wants to join the Rebel Legion as Jysella Horn, but there are no pics of her that I can find online. All we know is that she is a jedi that carries a blue bladed saber. Does anyone here know, or remember, from a book if there was anything said about what she wears? Any colors of tunics, pants, boots, shoes, etc.?

I've read all of the books with Jysella and Valin, but don't remember reading a description of what they wore or even hair color, style, etc.

2. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    I'd love to see a pic of your Corran costume.

According to Wookieepedia her hair color is hazel and eye color is brown and their source is Omen. The only official pics we have of her are black and white pencil sketches I think.

3. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
  4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Was going to tag s65horsey but she's clearly all over this already haha

5. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    I think the way to go would be the picture above, with brown hair, ect... Blue Saber, and perhaps Green Robes to honor her Corellian Heritage?

6. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    That would work if she just wants to dress as her, but the Rebel Legion is very specific about needing references in order to join them. I think they have to have three references, picture or words, in order to join. At least that's what I got from them when I tried to join a few years ago.

7. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Didn't realize that the Rebel Legion was being super Imperial about their entrance exams... Still Picture, Description, only need one more. There has to be one in FotJ

8. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    We don't have a color picture though, so I don't think they will count.

9. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    From the Rebel Legion charter:

http://www.rebellegion.com/about_charter.php#3
    "Applicants submitting costumes for any Expanded Universe costume must submit with their application two or more images from two or more LFL licensed sources for the character/costume that clearly depict the character in detail and from head to toe in order for it to be considered Formal. For characters from video games, a full 360 head-to-toe turn around may be substituted for these reference images. Note that player generated/edited costumes, for game characters, are not eligible for consideration for Formal designations."

This is actually a bit loosened up from what it used to be, which was three sources, and we had a slew of costumes that only had two sources. If you've got more than one sketch, and one is head to toe, you should be okay. Alternately, with Valin and Jysella, you can just make "generic Jedi" costumes designed to look like how you think the characters ought to, and apply that way. I don't think they have particularly strange costumes, so you ought to be able to come up with something within the generic standards that works. If you post a thread in the Jedi forums on the Rebel Legion website, there are people (myself included) who will work to find a way to make membership an option. :)

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Thanks for dropping by! :)

11. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Not ambiguous at all; the Galaxy sketch cards are officially licensed products.

Skywalker 2B: Every image you see here is a canonical one.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  12. Skywalker2B

Dec 8, 2000
    Here are some pics of my costume:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/82610186@N06/9138345661/
    And these are from last year. I'm still in the process of making upgrades, for example, my belt now has the 4 brass studs, 2 on either side of the buckle and I've reduced the width of the collar on the outer tunic. I also plan on getting a new Corran Horn saber and adding straps to the boots.
    http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&c=6998&bu=coslist.php?view=my&bl=Back to my costumes

My costume is based on the pic from the Essential Atlas http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Corran_Horn_EA.JPG. and this pic shows him wearing traditional jedi robes: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:CorranHornVersusShedaoShai.JPG. I put the two together and used the belt, pants, and boots from http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:CorranHorn-NEGTC.jpg. At CVI, Pablo Hidalgo verified that he is wearing traditional jedi robes in that pic. In fact, Doug Wheatley is using a pic of me at CVI for Corran in the upcoming Character Guide.

So, here is our plan. My daughter has long brown hair with blonde highlights and hazel eyes (like her father). We'll try to style her hair like either of those two drawings on the wook. We'll get her a blue saber. I'm having a new outer tunic made (same color) and will make new tabbards and obi (in a similar dark green) and inner tunic. With some modifications, she'll wear my current tunics, tabbards, and obi. What would you all suggest for colors for pants, belt, and boots? Also, how about belt buckle? Same as mine, brass? Or different shape and/or color? Should the belt be more like the PT jedi belts, or single solid belt like mine? And how about robe color?

Commander-DWH, both her and myself will "officially" be "Generic Jedi" until we can get some pics from LFL. So, no problem there. And I've already started a thread on the RL boards: http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=48856

13. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Very cool! I tried to do a Corran Horn pilot costume but I'm a girl and they frown upon that apparently. No one ever said anything about a generic CorSec pilot, maybe I should push the issue of that some day.

14. Skywalker2B

Dec 8, 2000
    Here's something you could try. Get an orange flight suit to get in with a formal costume. Then use the green corsec one as an informal. BTW, glad you like my costume.