main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Horn: Script expected in January

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Diggs, Dec 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
  2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Fun times are ahead! :D

Force Smuggler likes this.
  3. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Thanks for posting that Diggs. Exciting news indeed. It always makes me happy to see them reaffirm on the spin-offs too.

Diggs likes this.
  4. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    I'll say it one last time: They will not make that December 2015 date. Its coming out 2016 folks….

dolphin likes this.
  5. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Just hope they combine what's good from Hunger Games Catching Fire and what's good from Star Wars. And, what's good from all of JJ Abrams projects. Then you may have a serious major Oscar-winning movie.

6. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    They've been working on it for more than a year and they'll have two more years to finish it up. If they can't finish the film in three years than there not even hitting GL's timeline. I really doubt that's going to happen.

Darkslayer, Echo-07 and LunarMoth like this.
  7. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    While I'm optimistic for Dec 2015 and I think they can hit that, I wouldn't be surprised if it did still get shunted to 2016.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR and Dewback like this.
  8. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Wrong thread buddy.

9. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Another article HERE for the same news...

Immortiss likes this.
  10. Jair Crawford

Jair Crawford Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 3, 2012
    Yes! Finally some new news!

11. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    2014 the year of Star Wars news.

TheCIS, Echo-07 and Darth Raiden like this.
  12. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    What happens if Disney doesn't like the script?

13. Jair Crawford

Nov 3, 2012
    I'm sure they'll like it. I mean, they've had three people working on it already. Four, if you count GL's template.

14. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm sure they're already aware of what's in it. No reason why Bob Iger and the higher-ups couldn't be reading the revisions as they're being written.

15. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    They certainly can't make a script without knowing a couple of minor details such as, ya know, who is actually going to be in it.... so I am thinking we may be getting some news regarding returning characters shortly after the new year. I mean new characters don't need actors cast in order to write a script, but they kinda gotta know who from the original cast is in and who isn't (not that I really think there is much suspense regarding those matters, but it would still be nice to have something official.)

THE_PIED_PIPER and Jair Crawford like this.
  16. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    It's official! The script is not finished. I recall that some believed in October that since Arndt was probably relieved back in July that the script was probably done anyway, or close to it. It's good to know where things lie. I hope there's no negative in rushing a re-write. I can only hope Arndt's take crystallized the story in a way that makes the re-writes justifiable and the story that much better.

markb50k, Dewback and Jair Crawford like this.
  17. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    If the rewrites started back in July or August and will be done in January, that doesn't really seem like a rush job to me.

If you want to see a rush job, look at the 3 day sp I just did for a freelance job. ;)

18. Jair Crawford

Nov 3, 2012
    I'm also crossing my fingers that they took that time to really refine and rework what they got from Lucas's original drafts and Arndt's work on the script. That would show that they really want this story to be amazing.

I hope they didn't completely start over from scratch because either the earlier material was bad or they just didn't like it.

Still, it's good to see the script is just about done!

Echo-07 and Dra--- like this.
  19. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    Well it appeared that Arndt had a year, so judging by that and time demands. But, Lucas and Arndt have provided two foundations for Kasdan and Abrams, so, yes, I could see how they have enough time.

Although, I would feel a lot of pressure to come up with something great after I advocated for the writer to be removed so I could replace him. And this is SW Episode VII, the MOTHER OF ALL SEQUELS. That might get to me.

Part of me wonders if the rewrites have anything to do with continuing the Saga after IX, but that's just pure speculation on my part (all of it is actually). I differ to the writer to determine what a rush on writing is.:D

Dra--- likes this.
  20. Visivious Drakarn

Visivious Drakarn Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2013
    200 million $ budget? Too much.
    As of new Indy... I don't know. Better not force it.

21. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    With Indy it's quite interesting because I wonder who they're talking to about the story. Is Lucas still coming up with the basic plot or will someone else. More questions that we don't have answers for yet. [face_thinking]

Immortiss likes this.
  22. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    I doubt that Spielberg will be interested in doing another, but that's just my personal perception.

23. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    The article seemed to reiterate the fact that we'll be seeing one Star Wars film per year, come the December 2015 release of Episode VII. Wonder how that will be handled because it seems like the idea is to give 3 separate characters 3 separate origins movies, what with all of the Han, Boba, Yoda, etc. rumors circulating. So, if one film is to be dedicated solely to Han Solo, and is to follow the Han origin trilogy novels, then it would have to be shortened a great deal with all content capsulized for a single movie. I'm curious, would the writers take this route, and copy the novel material in condensed form, or would they create an entirely new origin story...

24. Ganger

Ganger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    Yipee, that's wizard!

Echo-07 likes this.
  25. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah, I don't know if he'd be interested in another one or not. We might be looking at a whole new era for Indy as well. It's kinda scary to think about. [face_nail_biting]:p

Dra--- likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.