main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Horn: Script expected in January

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Diggs, Dec 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    When I say "good" I'm talking about Diggs rumor (he actually said the SP was supposed to be great). I'm simply saying it correlates with what Horn is saying. But I don't think Horn would emphasize the screenplay's importance as much as he does ("screenplay, screenplay, screenplay") if he didn't think it really was good.

So yes, I think he believes it really is good.

Immortiss likes this.
  2. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    I think the possibility exists that he would overstate the quality of the screenplay because of what his interest in its success is.

3. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    True, but on the other hand, what does he say if it is genuinely what they wanted from the script?

Dra--- likes this.
  4. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    The same. You can't trust a word that comes out of the mouth of these people. Not because they are evil but because that's the rules of life.

5. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Yes, we must trust no one!

[​IMG]

Dra---, Darth Chiznuk and Satipo like this.
  6. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Trust KK and JJ if you want to. Take everything they say as the blessed words of gods. Doesn't really matter in the long run.

7. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I don't think anyone would take "official" word as gospel on something like that. I agree that they are always going to say that. However, it doesn't mean they aren't also telling the truth.

Dra--- likes this.
  8. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Yeah, it really doesn't matter at all in the long run if we trust people who are in charge of the franchise for now. Give me a break. :rolleyes:

I'm really not one to engage in any sort of direct confrontation here, but I honestly don't know what the hell would please some people around here. You get rumors? Hate. You get speculation? Hate. Leaks? Hate. Official info? Hate, don't trust them!

9. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Not like there isn't tons of optimism as well--in fact something that annoys me around these boards is the tendency for any criticism/skepticism to be met with charges of "you just want the new films to fail!" Anyways, I'd wager the script they have at the moment reads like a typical Star Wars script: some great human drama moments that may or may not translate to the screen, more than a couple of cheese-corn dialogue exchanges, a few placeholders for what should be some killer set pieces, etc.

10. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Can someone remind me who Horn is again? :confused:

11. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Alan F. Horn is the chairman of the Walt Disney Studios.[1]

Dra--- likes this.
  12. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    =D=

Darth_Pevra and Immortiss like this.
  13. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Clearly the most unbiased of sources.

I trust what they do (though not blindly), but not what they say.

In this industry, people are required to lie and JJ was already outed as a liar.

So I'm not sure if you are being serious or just looking for a fight right now.

The one I trust the most to tell the truth is Filoni, btw.

Has it occurred to you that some people may not even want an episode VII? Or harboring some doubts about it?

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  14. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Genuine question, I'm not getting up in your grill [face_peace]

RED: If people don't want an EPVII why hang out here and push their "hate"?
    GREEN: If people are harbouring doubts, then surely that wouldn't necessitate said "hate", but rather "caution"?

15. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    1) If they care about SW in general and what happens to its future, certainly.

2) I would think so, but apparently Hellhammer doesn't. I'm looking forwards to seeing the movies, but I still have some doubts.

16. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014

http://www.starwars7news.com/2014/04/rumor-possible-star-wars-episode-7-plot.html#comment-form

17. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    The source link is all you need to knoww about that mess

Dra---, Krueger and Momotaros like this.
  18. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
  19. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    Yeah...LOL. Han and Leia are in prison and Luke just...goes away...

Dra--- likes this.
  20. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    Supershadow is back?

21. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I don't put much stock in this storyline given the source and I find it a bit odd (although it's hard to judge a story from just a few lines) but it would explain why some of the characters were referred to as growing up without parents. Of course, starwars7news.com could have just taken the descriptions and made something up so we'll see.

Mange and Dra--- like this.
  22. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    I don't think they would make anything up. Just think they aren't reputable enough to have good sources.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Lurknomore likes this.
  23. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    Thing that makes me think this "plot leak" is a total fabrication is that the starwars7news guy says his sources claim this rumour has been floating around on the net since last summer. If that was true then we would have heard about it a long time before now. There's no way that would have been all over cyberspace for so long and no one else posted it.

24. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I also don't like the part where he said he got that information from another blogger. That's not very reputable, if you ask me. Especially since most of these fan blogs usually post stuff simply to gain hits and garner attention.

25. Azzameen

Azzameen Jedi Master

Feb 24, 2014
    I like that storyline. It's pretty simple and easy, which is the way they have to follow in the first episode of the ST.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.