main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Horn: Script expected in January

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Diggs, Dec 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999

There are benefits to keeping expectations low!

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I think it was that / he didn't wanna drive more than 30 minutes to set and didn't wanna have to get used to a new living room and all that stuff that takes place when you don't shoot a daily commute away from your house.

3. Darth Raiden

Darth Raiden Jedi Master star 3

Aug 28, 2013
    I'm not going to worry too much, theres been films in the past that have been in worse situation than episode 7, everyone who knows the production history of superman 1 and 2 and the terminator will know that episode 7 doesn't seem to be in such a production hell compared to them.

Jair Crawford likes this.
  4. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    the script for Wrath of Khan was written in, like, a week by Nick Meyer basically taking every script draft they had and mashing it up. And it was excellent!

Immortiss and Dra--- like this.
  5. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
  6. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000

Not to say that the script was bad - it was quite good, but let's be honest, much of Khan's greatness came from the dynamic between Shatner and Montalban.

7. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    So that's why it is so derivative. More than one line has been taken out of Moby Dick.

But I still love TWOK. Probably the Trek-Film I like the most.

8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Apocalypse Now was a tremendous disaster while filming, but it was a huge hit nonetheless.

9. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    So production problems don't necessarily equate to movie problems.

Personally, I'm happy that JJ has been willing to slow production time down so he can try to get things to a quality and content he's comfortable with. This shows me a real effort being made to get things right with E7, rather than just trying to get something out on an arbitrary deadline.

10. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Not to mention one of the best films ever made. To think that if THX had been a success we could be living in a world where George Lucas had made it instead. I wonder if we'd have ever even gotten Star Wars.

Ryus and Echo-07 like this.
  11. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Someone else would've attempted it I would think.

12. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    According to what I've read, it was more KK who was pushing for extensions and not JJ.

13. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    That is word for word the motto on my family's coat of arms, which features two rather nondescript lions posed somewhere between a half-hearted roar and a shrug.

14. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012

Really fun read if you have the time is the Memory Alpha entry on the writing of Star Trek II. The script had gone through multiple wacky sideways drafts that had disparate elements that all up in the movie and even though Meyer isn't credited for the script the writing of it was all him. 'Meyer concentrated on crafting a strong narrative by getting all the scenes in the right order and putting the story into his own words. "I was only interested in cobbling together and cannibalizing various parts that seemed useful," he explained. "What I fall in love with is the story. I never looked at the scripts again, so there were no words that were appropriated. It all had to be in my own language and in a way that I could understand it."'

Juke Skywalker and Darth_Pevra like this.
  15. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    You guys beat me to them! :mad::p

Those two movies were/are two of the most beleagured ordeals in movie making history -- two of the greatest films ever also. In fact, Coppola kept saying the film would be **** the entire time he was filming it. Surprise, surprise!

16. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    After Arndt was removed I was nervous, even though I know there's no-chance of this project getting shelved. So I'm so relieved to finally have a script. With all the secrecy It makes it feel real - I will one day see SW Episode VII.

17. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    There will be an Episode 7 released if even all they can eventually muster is Alan Horn reading "Dark Empire" while playing along with action figures.

Echo-07 likes this.
  18. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    I presume that the reason it's so delayed is that this is a trilogy so therefore you almost need to have three movies nailed down before you can script the first one.

19. Barth

Barth Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    I'm not worried about this at all. Keep in mind that they are probably just not writing one script, but also weaving this into the story arc of VIII and IX and possibly into the spin-offs. So there is a lot of other auxiliary work to be done on this script to make sure it hangs well with I-VI and the movies to come.

Immortiss likes this.
  20. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
  21. Jair Crawford

Jair Crawford Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 3, 2012
    There's also Jaws. The entire pre-production and production of that movie was a total mess. And look at how successful and iconic it became.

Echo-07 and Darth Raiden like this.
  22. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    It's not particularly convincing that they don't already have a script (and one is "expected", not guaranteed) or that they did have and threw it out. But delays do happen in movies and I hope the additional time will make the movie better. And perhaps more effort will go into making sure all the movies fit together well, I would hate to see horrible continuity errors like there were in the PT.

23. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    The filmmakers will try their damndest to make the best movie possible, and if not, we storm the streets in protest.

24. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012

Well said. I will say this with certainty, though. If there is ANOTHER rewrite of the script (which I doubt, but just for the sake of argument), 2015 is out.

25. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    I am all for that. December releases are silly. Iger's ego is all that is.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.