main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Horrorfest 2005

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by DVDMaster, Sep 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROTSAnakin

ROTSAnakin Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 10, 2005
    Well when I have access to those boards I will won't I? I'm still "processing," got my second email saying the same thing. But yeah actually I didn't know Ryan'd edited that one coincidentally when I posted. I thought the only pictures in existance were the too on Matt's site.

2. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    That pic on the 501st board is hilarious, I can't wait for you to get in there where the really good stuff is Joe!

3. obi-TN

obi-TN Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    You ought to note who Loki quoted. Joe isn't the only person posting in THIS thread whose picture is in the thread on the 501st board. Of course, that doesn't mean Ryan will change his graphic.

4. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    I'm sensing there is little need to even do a NAD table at horrerfest, we have little to promote as we can't seem to get events together and there is no end in sight to this trend. Also, we still have the problem with the homepage, so business cards or fliers do little good.:oops:

Now, I'm not saying if anyone in costume wants to hand out anything or tell people about NAD they are not welcome to, but I'm not going to make up a scheduale for people to man a table and take up space at the event with the group's current status.

With the 501st in force there, SW in Nashville will be represented nicly and it looks like anyone that wants to costume has plenty of options with some of the members offering costumes they are not using to be worn.:cool:

Is everyone in agreement with this, or do some of you still want to do a table?

5. loki41872

Dec 13, 2002
    C'mere, shannon, We need you over here

--->> http://highlandcitadel.com/501stso/phpBB2/index.php

6. jedichic07

Jan 28, 2002
    [face_thinking] .......................

now, if only I could read the really intresting threads....oh yea, I am blocked from those![face_frustrated]

7. loki41872

Dec 13, 2002
    I'm sure we could get you access to the special threads! Right now you need to get on the Horrorfest thread in the events section. Your help in planning would be appreciated!

8. obi-TN

Jun 7, 2003
    I'm not so sure about that, Loki. Joe (still waiting) and I among others had to be 501st members to get access. Of course, there is a recruits area that I didn't know about until I had full access. Of course, there are also a couple of RL-only members who seem to have full access, so maybe Shannon (and Joe) could be let in because of that.

I would hope that in three weeks we could manage to get the website up-and-running. I have a huge stack of flyers and could easily add the URL for this board to the bottom and could make some business cards with the URL as well. Perhaps we could come up with some sort of event to be held in late October to promote (Timothy Zahn's book comes out on the 22nd). Or perhaps, start planning a multi-day marathon for November when the DVD is released, e.g. one film per night at one person's house or perhaps an all-day screening (might be difficult to find a good day). I know that I certainly still have stuff I could display and a few odds and ends (and CIII Vaders) that I need to sell.

Maybe we could just get a small table, or maybe share with/promote Rebel Legion. While some might not be RL or 501st members, most NAD members have a costume. Of course, you wouldn't need a costume to work the table. Everyone should have some sort of SW shirt. And as someone said in another thread, a lot of people are attracted by the costumes, but aren't interested in the costuming aspect of Star Wars fandom. We could show off books, collectibles, autographs, photographs, etc.

9. loki41872

Dec 13, 2002
    that's the angle I'm trying to work there Glenn. We've got a few RL members that spend so much time with us they're kind of honorary members, I think Joe and Shannon qualify (Although I'm sure Joe will be approved any time now).

I think someone should check with Mark about a Fanforce table. If you check the website he's only listing the 501st, where in past years he listed the "Nashville star wars fan group". I don't know how much space the new place has, but it would be wise to check before trying to set up another table.

The 501st would be happy to share table space with NAD if only one table is allowed, I think we spent most of our time at the NAD table last year anyway! That's why I asked Shannon to get over to the 501st site to help us co-ordinate.

10. loki41872

Dec 13, 2002
    got more info..

Mark has said the Fanforce is welcome, and can have their own table if they wish.
    So, does the FF want to have a seperate table, and if so, who's gonna organize it? That would have to be Shannon, Zach, ect... I'll be spending my time doing the 501st table and events this year.
    Several of us will be going over Friday night to set up the 501st table, NAD can join us and we can have a joint table, or we can do our seperate things.

11. jedichic07

Jan 28, 2002
    thanks for checking on that, I am still not certin what if anything we have to promote as a group anough to warrent a table to ourselves- and I'm worried if people just bring stuff to display, there will be the question "is it for sale" and the handeling of precious props and collectables by numerous hands that do not have the same love for them.
    By all means, if a NAD wants a table, speak up, and get a scheduale organized to man it.Kylie and I will be there either way just because it's a fun event to be at!

12. ROTSAnakin

Aug 10, 2005
    Yeah and I'm going to have my evil eyes in for horror fest but I'll be with the 501st as well. They can't keep a Sith Lord down for long. I mean come on lunch box I'm all about Order 66, nooch! But who all from NAD is going to the con?

13. jedichic07

Jan 28, 2002
    dunno.looks like all of 3 people post here lately....

14. AnakinFanCheryl

AnakinFanCheryl Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2005
    I'm planning on being there Sunday, even though not many know me yet. Have to do the work thing on Saturday. I'm looking forward to meeting you guys!

15. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    We look forward to meeting you Cheryl.

A side thought, use Glenn's idea to put the forum address on some flyers and cards and use this as a chance to say "Yeah, the website's down, but the activity is here..." On a side note, I spoke with Matt today (who seems to be the only one who knows how to fix the site in its current condition) and he said that he has the whole site backed up on a CD and he just has to find it.

In the mean time we may want to think about building a new website, not sure of the difficulties in bringing over the name (if we want to keep the NashvilleForce address). If only we had some members that knew how to build a website...hummmm, wouldn't that be cool and useful...don't know if we have anyone like that [looks around the room at a couple of individuals in particular]...I wonder....

16. loki41872

Dec 13, 2002
    Well Joe, or should I say SL4358, looks like Horrorfest will be your first event as an official member!

Told ya it would happen! Welcome to the 501st!

17. jedichic07

Jan 28, 2002
    What's the obsession with getting me in armour? unless you have femtrooper armour in that plastic tub of yours, I don't know if I can see myself in it.....[face_batting]

What else do you have that I might steal for a day?

18. loki41872

Dec 13, 2002
    Well....

I only have the Mandalorian and the Stormtrooper. I'm wearing the mando, that only leaves the Trooper!

I bet Tambo has something we can put you in!

19. JediAgent

JediAgent Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    Hey Shannon, you can wear Quinlan if you want ;-)

20. loki41872

Dec 13, 2002
    Put her in the Tusken!

21. obi-TN

Jun 7, 2003
    Well, the only thing I would be concerned about is the membership database. The previous site had a lot of information on the homepage as well. Continuing to use the domain name shouldn't be a problem. Matt would just have the GoDaddy.com people point nashvilleforce.com to the new web host.

22. ROTSAnakin

Aug 10, 2005
    You can use my old black style tunicif you want but it's broad cloth and I'm not sure how it'd fit on a lady. It might not be um er accomidating. But yeahI'll probably sport one saber or the other or both FX sabers this con for the heck of it.

23. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Just wear an Oola costume. I'll bulk up and go as Jabba the Hutt.

24. jedichic07

Jan 28, 2002
    *passes Hama some donuts....*

Eat up, baby! Jabba comes to horrerfest.News at 5!

25. ROTSAnakin

Aug 10, 2005
    That's great Dylan. I'd pay to see this group costume of yours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.