Nash, TN Horrorfest 2005

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by DVDMaster, Sep 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVDMaster Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I'll certainly be at Horrorfest on Saturday, Joe; not 100% on Sunday at this time. What did you think of the show?

It's a shame that we won't be staffing a table this year, but we can still spread the message and support the 501st & RL presence by being there. With the exception of a few members, most of NAD have joined one of the costume societies in some way, shape, form, or fashion.

Hope to see many of you out there.
  2. GoNads501 Jedi Youngling

hmmm, no Nads table? how come?
  3. DVDMaster Jedi Padawan

star 4
    See Jedichic07's 10/01 post for your answer. Just couldn't get enough interest.
  4. TamboFett Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I expect GONADS to come
  5. loki41872 Jedi Master

star 4
    Will GoNads be bringing Go-slave leia?
  6. TamboFett Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Go.... %$#^%$#%$#^%# and *&^(*&^%&$#&%#^ while your gone bring me back some ^%$@^%$^@%$@^%$@
  7. Scruff Jedi Padawan

star 4
    go, go gadget gonads.
  8. SourceOfAllThatsEvil Jedi Youngling

He's one bad mother.*%....

Shut yer mouth!

What? I was just talkin' 'bout GoNADs

9. audiogirl21 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    ""go, go gadget gonads.""

LOL[face_laugh] exactly
  10. skip1 Jedi Master

star 3
    "Just couldn't get enough interest"

4 pages of posts and you guys couldnt commit to doing something???
    if thats not enough interest,what is???
  11. DVDMaster Jedi Padawan

star 4
    4 pages of mostly chatter. No membership willing to staff a table.
  12. jedichic07 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    most intrest expressed if any was to have a table to see stuff at, and I'm not sure what the cost was on that as no one ever answered the number on the horrerfest site. So no NAD table in any fashion. Unless someone wants to pull one out of thin air!
  13. AnakinFanCheryl Jedi Youngling

Sorry to hear that there won't be an actual table for NAD. I was just wondering if any of you all in costume would be willing to have your picture made with me and my husband. We are trying to put a really cool Christmas card together to send to some soldiers in Iraq. Anybody willing? It would be greatly appreciated. I'll be there on Sunday, and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.
  14. DVDMaster Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Not to worry Cheryl, the 501 & RL are if nothing else professional photo posers. You should have no problem having a heck of a group shot for your picture taking interests. Right now, I'm thinking that I won't be there on Sunday, but many others will be.
  15. obi-TN Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I finally spoke to Mark yesterday and he said there wasn't any room for a NAD table in the main room as the space is like 6,000 sq. ft. smaller. We could have had one in the area where the panels will take place, but that didn't seem worthwhile to me as it wouldn't generate enough foot traffic and we had no one to man the table. He did seem interested in pulling us back into the fold next year.

I will still add this board's address to the bottom of the flyer and put them on the 501st table or the promotions table.
  16. DVDMaster Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Glenn:

Good job. Sounds like that may be the best option for NAD for this year. Next year things will be a little different. Marc may have originally had table space for us in the main room, but we've already ceded that to the 501st some time back.
  17. TK-6873 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Next year's Horrorfest will be back at the State Fairgrounds. Mark has already secured the "big building" for this event. He hopes to avoid being watered-down by other events happening at that venue.

But whether NAD is willing to host a table is up to the group. Mark has always been very generous to the fan groups about offering space. It's worth taking advantage of.
  18. clutch1 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Well, I got my wife's grandmother sewing velcro for me, so I won't have the armor done this week. Gonna take the wife and kids Saturday I guess. Since this is the belt buckle of the bible belt, I'm guessing that there won't be any scantily clad scream queens there? How big is this show sizewise? Number of dealers? I'll be wearing my R2/3PO tie dye shirt.
  19. AnakinFanCheryl Jedi Youngling

Is anybody planning on being there on Sunday?
  20. obi-TN Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I'll be there. I believe ROTSAnakin, jedichic, skip, Tambo, and Loki will also be there both days.
  21. Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA

star 6
    I should be there Sunday, but probably not Saturday.
  22. clutch1 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Had fun at the show. Son had a blast and we even won one of the raffles.
  23. TK-6873 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I hope nobody missed "Wild Mando Sunday". Ten custom Mandalorians in all their glory......Well, OK, more like 9 1/2.
  24. DVDMaster Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Sorry I had to miss Sunday, but Saturday was a blast (especially after the convention). I think this was the smallest Horrorfest yet.

Did anyone meet Cheryl?
  25. obi-TN Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I totally forgot to look for new members. I didn't even figure out who clutch was, but I certainly saw his son.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.