main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Hostile Forces (Force Heretic AU) [UPDATED!]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Thrawn McEwok, May 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Nijna Kaan heard the sudden staccato zip of blaster-fire behind her, but she was already too busy running to bother looking back.

She slalomed through the tunnel, stumbled on something in the throat of the passageway, picked herself up as she skidded out into the open ? and came up against the armoured cuirass of another Yuuzhan Vong warrior.

She?d run straight into a trap.

The lump she?d tripped over had been a Yuuzhan Vong warrior in infidel armour ? at least, it had been, once.

But before she could even think, the warrior in front of her slammed the heel of his hand into her jaw, kicking her head back. As she staggered blindly backwards, she felt someone catch her from behind, spike-studded gauntlets griping the sinews of her upper arms.

A flurry of blows knocked her back to the deck ? too many to be the work of one warrior ? and then she was being hauled her up again ? dazed, spitting blood. She thought she?d caught a glimpse of old-fashioned ceremonial armour, muzzle-masks and bracers, living plate coloured by a burnt orange pigment that faded through to white at the edges.

?Chosen?? she croaked.

Someone laughed, and she saw that the lean forearm locked around her throat really was sheathed in an antique-looking ochre bracer, the quills on the armour plucking not-quite-painfully at her skin. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw a muzzle-masked face, a warrior-woman?s narrowed golden eyes looking back at her.

?I am cadre-commander Zii?gha,? she purred, her voice hissing into Nijna?s ear like the rasp of a blade on the sharpening-strop. ?Of the Chosen.?

Nijna Kaan blinked.

Then she looked at the warriors in front of her, frowning because she wasn?t sure whether she should grimace or laugh aloud. They were all wearing the armour of Chosen warriors ? all except for one man, standing back on one side, almost like a spectator, an infidel in scarred plasteel armour, his carbine cradled comfortably across his chest.

She didn?t think she?d seen that style of armour before, and she didn?t recognize the insignia on his cuirass and jumpsuit, but she knew a veteran warrior when she saw one.

Then she looked at the Chosen again, and felt the blood drain from her cheeks.

The whole cadre looked like veterans ? but Shimrra?s honour guard weren?t supposed to be anything more than the butt of bad jokes.

?Don?t you have some lurrs to polish?? she asked, as cool and controlled as she could.

No-one laughed.

?Another warrior-caste idiot who doesn?t know real soldiers when she sees them,? Zii?gha sighed. ?Time for your first lesson, girl. You really should consider it an honour?.?

She could only double over as the first warrior?s fist slammed into her stomach.

2. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    ThrawnMcEwok:

I have a bone to pick with you. You go and write this absolutely amazing story, which is IMO one of the finest I have EVER read, yet you have not given the NR fleet enough of a role! :p ;) :D

Since this is a AU, I think you could drum something up. Hell, a nice addition would be a old and weakening Ackbar invloved in a joint command with Pellaeon.

Think about the potential. The "Old Man of the Empire" with the "Old Fish of the Rebellion". ;)

They could work side by side. It would be awesome.

What do ya think?

--Adm. Nick

3. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    Admiral Nick, I think we should just be patient and what for our Imperial Ewok to pull off another of his tricks.

Thrawn McE: It would almost be worth it to resurrect Tsavong Lah, only to have him fight some of the Chosen.

4. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    AdmiralNick: I have a bone to pick with you. You go and write this absolutely amazing story, which is IMO one of the finest I have EVER read,

Um... ah... [face_blush] thanks! :D

yet you have not given the NR fleet enough of a role! :p ;) :D

Hey! There isn't a New Republic left - well, not so far as Cal Omas is concerned, anyway... and as to "NR" forces? Well... we've seen Han's Alliance taskforce, Hobbie's Yevethan squadron, Wedge's New Republic fleet... and Zest's special forces boys... [face_mischief] :cool:

What do ya think?

Hmm... might help with some of the pacing in the sequel... :D

Pelranius: Thrawn McE: It would almost be worth it to resurrect Tsavong Lah, only to have him fight some of the Chosen.

Is that all you have to say about that latest slew of 'fic?! :eek: :confused: :_|

:p ;)

- The Imperial Ewok

5. Pelranius

Apr 25, 2003
    Let me guess about that new Vong female (the one with the red hair).
    Is it a sort of clone grown from Mara, or a reshaped Lumiya?

6. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    Pelranius: Let me guess about that new Vong female (the one with the red hair).
    Is it a sort of clone grown from Mara, or a reshaped Lumiya?

Hmm... [face_thinking]

Aren't there any other options? ;)

Well, I suppose I can tell you that she's a clone of the Mara Skywalker aboard the Indomitable... or vice versa! :D

I actually missed out the last line of that scene, where Leem anounces her... it'll be in the next scene, though - let me know where you think it works best...

- The Imperial Ewok

7. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    She burned.

She remembered her transformation ? or rather, the rare moments of blinding clarity when consciousness and comprehension burned through the pain, and she was actually aware of what was happening to her.

She remembered the darkness of the hyperbaric cell, the agile black spider-limbs of the surgical aparatus moving around her in the shadows, the odd numbness as they dismembered what was left of her body and sealed her broken soul inside the hard, hollow shell of her armour.

Through the implants grafted into her brain, she had understood that they were using Sekotan bioengineering and Spaarti fluidic technology to knit what was left of her body into its new harness, and Ssi-ruuk techniques to bind her life-force to the exoskeleton in the Force.

What remained of the human being she had once been was little more than a part of the thing they had made her, and unlike the shocked ranks of Yuuzhan Vong in front of her, who saw only an infidel clad in vonduun crab armour, she knew what her transformation meant ? what she had become.

More machine than woman, now.

Like Vader, she thought, coldly. Then a faint quirk of nostalgia inflected her smile, as she remembered Luke, the slight disjuncture in the grain of his skin where the synth that sheathed his artificial hand knitted into the flesh of his arm.

That felt like another lifetime now. In many ways, it was another lifetime.

But she had no regrets.

She stood before the assembled hierarchy of the Yuuzhan Vong race in the Hall of Confluence, in the citadel at the heart of conquered Coruscant, set almost where the Throne Hall of the Imperial Palace had once stood.

She stood there, looking at them ? the conquerors, the so-called ?honoured ones?. And she knew that she was still more ? much more ? than any of them. They were fools.

So, she stood her ground, and smiled at them.

?Tsup al?Shimrra!? Leem anounced. ?Knight of the Jeedai and slave-consort of the Supreme Overlord!?

There wasn?t really a word to describe the effect of the impressive variety of appalled reactions that met that. She hadn?t thought that naked outrage could take so many discordant forms. But she liked the chaos and confusion, whatever it was called.

High Priest Jakkan was the first to recover ? though he was still staring in disbelief and barely-concealed horror. To allow an infidel to stand among the Yuuzhan Vong élite ? to give her precedence over the Warmaster and the Commander of the Chosen ? to announce her as Shimrra?s consort? ?!

?This is an outrage!? he said.

?We are Yuuzhan Vong,? she answered, turning sharply to face him, grinning at them all. ?Perhaps some among us have not understood how great a challenge we face in this Galaxy, how much glory we will win by our victory over the Jeedai!? A pause, and a smile as sharp and bright as any coufee. ?Surely the strength of the infidels only makes us stronger!?

She glanced over her shoulder at the Supreme Overlord, and smiled.

?Surely so, my dear,? Shmirra nodded, his gaze flashing, settling on the ranks in front of him. ?But you seem to suggest that some among us do not see this truth as clearly as they should. What do you suggest that we do about it? How do we display the truth ? how do we display the nature of Yun?tchilat??

?To see the truth is to embrace the pain,? she purred, and beside her, Na?khai nodded slowly, as if in approval ? or as if giving a signal to comrades hidden in the crowd. ?Perhaps we ought to remind ourselves of that fact??

Some of the assembled Yuuzhan Vong looked round them in confusion, scouring the ranks of honoured ones, searching for any who might be Chosen warriors in disguise. But she knew that they would see only familiar faces, only fear, fascination and puzzlement in each other?s eyes.

?An? interesting idea,? Shimrra concurred ? and she saw the sudden rippling movement in the muscles of the chamber?s side walls, and watched in silent satisfaction as hidden portals pu

8. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    Nom Anor groaned, and hauled himself up into a crouch, coughing up smoke. Dimly, he remembered an explosion ? fire, shock and billowing blackness.

An amphistaff cracked across his back, and he dropped to the deck, lungs burning.

?I?ll deal with you later,? a harsh voice growled, and he saw a warrior step forwards towards the crèchelings ? a warrior in the ochre armour of the Chosen.

Chosen?! he wondered, blinking in disbelief. We?re not that desperate, are we?

But as he raised his head again, he realised that they?d deployed their second breaching-wolf against the far wall of the compound, and there were three full cadres of Chosen warriors in the main area. There was no sign of the Royal Guard or the stormtroopers.

?Where are your Jeedai now?? the warrior demanded, kicking one of the Shamed Ones in the face. Nom Anor groaned ? a groan that stretched out into a resigned sigh as he saw the human haul himself to his feet on the far side of the, dusting off his robes.

?Infidels,? he whispered, shaking his head. Don?t you ever know when to give up?

The infidel?s gaze flickered his way for a moment ? and then he looked at the cadre-commander

?You say you?re looking for Jedi?? he asked, essaying a thin smile. ?Try me for size??

Slowly, the warrior turned, and looked at the human. Then his face split into a mocking grin, and he began to laugh.

?You?re no Jeedai,? he sneered.

The man just chuckled in answer, his thin smile growing broader. Nom Anor saw a gleam like lightning in his eyes, and a cobalt-blue blade flashed into life in his hand.

?No?? he asked. ?You sure about that??

Oh, great, Nom Anor thought to himself, starting to slink away towards the nearest exit. Now all we need is for the Ewok to show up again. With a Death Star?.

9. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    ThrawnMcEwok:

You are a tricky Scot! :p

I suppose I should say that you should include more Galactic Alliance fleet ships. I read your last post. I know that they are all on Mon Calamari waiting for something to do. ;)

--Adm. Nick

P.S.

Your last post was very good. This story has a certain pace to it that is quite enjoyable. Hell, I would almost call Del Rey and ask them to let you write a SW book, except that I am afraid it would be soooo full of conspiracy and "evil" Cal Omas! :p :D

10. SpeldoriontheBlended

SpeldoriontheBlended Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
    Thrawn: That prevents you from posting so much as a one-line snark? [face_mischief]

Snark? This thread deserves more than one line snarks! :eek: :p

But aye...

I think he surprised himself... ;)

Well, he's a suprising kinda guy...

Just so long as it doesn't turn to mush, or porridge...

Aye. But mashed potato wouldn't be too bad. :D

Or even haggis... Mmmm...

Well, it's a war... ;)

*Rolls eyes* I know it's a war. But I was thinking of a Unifying Force-class ruckus, except marginally better organised... :D

He's a wraith. Blowing Sith up, probably...

Aye. But this is after Rebel Stand... wait, were the caps and lack of important?

And he's doing it on Yuuzhan'tar to boot... [face_mischief]

Actually, on Napoleon and his Imperial Guard after his return from Elba...

What, on Napoleon? :eek: :confused: [face_laugh]

No, but if I'd thought about it, I'd have written him so you were more misled... he is an EU character, and one we've not seen in way too long IMHO... :p

Hmmm... Ken Palpatine? :confused: :p

Then Jim Luceno went and put one of 'em in TUF as his senior Supreme Commander, so it's nice to know I'm right sometimes... :D

[face_laugh]

He looks young. Owes something in this respect to the title character of Le Carré's The Honourable Schoolboy...

Hmmm...

Nah. And not literally, either...

Aye... it seems almost an insult to say Boba only managed something as mundane as trackinga big bunch of soldiers with a bunch of luck. Pure, pure skill. :D

While his puppets played out chauvanistic clichés and tired prejudices on the stage, Kae Kwaad had no real grudge against the infidels; his appreciation for beauty and elegance was not limited by the tired conventions of Yuuzhan Vong society, and had learned that beautiful creatures could learn, in turn, to look past his physical deformities and care for him with real affection.

The fact he ruled the Galaxy helped, of course.

[face_laugh]

Aye, that's true... the allure of power is just as strong as the allue of physical attraction in some cases...

Not that his slaves have a choice... [face_plain]

Any particular reason you chose Falleen and Twi-lek, by the way? Both interesting shades of skin? Both reptilianish? (Or near hairless, at least)

Laughter. Kae Kwaad smiled thinly. Another way of looking at it, of course, was that Sien Sovv and his grey shadow, Dif Scaur, had regrouped at Mon Calamari with several battlegroups, an intact command infrastructure, and a pliant Senate, and that they were mobilizing and motivating every warrior and warship they could contact.

Hmmm... Scaur is Sovv's shadow? in what way? :confused:

It was maybe just as well, Kae Kwaad mused, that those infidel ideas, and the conceptual framework which underlay them, didn?t translate very well into Yuuzhan Vong. As Na?khai liked to say, the most important thing in any war was a regular supply of stupid fanatics prepared to die for you.

:eek: :_| [face_laugh]

All too true... depending, of course on the type of war you're waging and the type of war you want to win...

?The commanders who fought at Ebaq have withdrawn to their own fortresses,? the Warmaster continued. ?Garm Bel Iblis at Talaan, Keyan Farlander at Kashyyyk, Tenel Ka Djo at Hapes. Then, there are the ones who did not join with Sovv and Skywalker for that battle ? Antilles, who guards Kuat, Niur Nuur at Sullust, and Jid?yda at Bothawui, who has held back the vaunted Fifth Fleet to guard his home stars. Now Jid?yda has broken off contact with Mon Calamari in favour of a war of death and glory which he knows he cannot win, and the other war-leaders of his species, Far?sky and Kre?frey, will be torn between the claims of their people, and the demands of the system they serve.?

So Jid'ya is defending Bothawui whilst attacking all out? That doesn't add up right...

And wasn't Etahn A'baht in charge of the 5th?

[i

11. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    Blended: Snark? This thread deserves more than one line snarks! :eek: :p

Whatever happened to "[Reply goes here! :D]"? ;)

But aye...

Ja?

Well, he's a suprising kinda guy...

Living with the infidels has been good for him?

Aye. But mashed potato wouldn't be too bad. :D

Yub yub!

Or even haggis... Mmmm...

Well, Parpa would be happy... :D

*Rolls eyes* I know it's a war. But I was thinking of a Unifying Force-class ruckus, except marginally better organised... :D

Oh, you mean a big fleet battle with at least one spherical superweapon large enough to be given its own astronomical classification? :p

Aye. But this is after Rebel Stand... wait, were the caps and lack of important?

Um, if so, only to my unconscious mind... ;)

And he's doing it on Yuuzhan'tar to boot... [face_mischief]

Aye... :D

What, on Napoleon? :eek: :confused: [face_laugh]

I think I'd just been watching A Fistful of Dynamite when I concieved the idea for that scene... ;)

Hmmm... Ken Palpatine? :confused: :p

Hmm? Didn't I threaten to bring him into the 'fic a while back, too... [face_thinking]

Hmmm...

Sorry. Random explanation... :p

Aye... it seems almost an insult to say Boba only managed something as mundane as trackinga big bunch of soldiers with a bunch of luck. Pure, pure skill. :D

Aye - but you have to bear in mind that Fett was with the Chosen, and the Chosen were simply tagging the Domain Choka cadres.... which wasn't hard... ;)

Aye, that's true... the allure of power is just as strong as the allue of physical attraction in some cases...

Not that his slaves have a choice... [face_plain]

Oh, Kae Kwaad is, like Xizor, proud of his powers of persuasion...

Any particular reason you chose Falleen and Twi-lek, by the way? Both interesting shades of skin? Both reptilianish? (Or near hairless, at least)

I dunno. They represent the limits of "humanoid", I guess.. and they're both races that are considered distinctly "sexy" by characters...

Hmmm... Scaur is Sovv's shadow? in what way? [face_thinking]

Umm, I couldn't really think of any real-world terms for the sort of role I wanted to suggest except alter rex or eminence gris... neither of which seemed quite Star Wars... :p

Sovv and Scaur between them are the two people with the real power in the Galactic Alliance... and Scaur's the sneaky one who's happy to let everyone think that Sovv is in charge... even though as a former CINCFOUR, he'd probably have been just as qualified for Supreme Commander as he was for Director of Intelligence...

All too true... depending, of course on the type of war you're waging and the type of war you want to win...

FACPOV... [face_mischief]

So Jid'ya is defending Bothawui whilst attacking all out? That doesn't add up right...

Jid'ya was defending Bothawui with the Fifth Fleet, but when the Bothans decided to wage a crazy genocidal war against the Yuuzhan Vong, they sent him forward...

And wasn't Etahn A'baht in charge of the 5th?

A long time earlier, I think...

We finally find out what Nijna was! :D

Nope - not quite yet... :D

Oh? So where, pray, are the gills?

:p

Shadowskin is slightly different from vonduun crab armour...

Not Nijna then. But who? I mean, there wasn't that much time between, surely?

But the oher one's gone off in the wrong direction anyway...

Hmmm...

[face_thinking]

Aye, though... :D

But that makes no sense. They're not going back because then they'd be attacked by a bunch of Vong, but are relying on 'the kid and the Ewok' to take out the Vong behind them? Hmmm...

Well, the Ewok is an Ewok, no?

Brilliant line of dialogue. An order worthy of a Wraith or a Rogue. :D

[face_blush] :cool:

A Wraith, I think. It's the fighter pilots with the red trim on their tunics who're the Empire of the Hand's answer to the Rogues... ;)

She does indeed. I want to see him against Kiir. That'll be one hell of a fight

12. Pelranius

Apr 25, 2003
    That'll be interesting enough.

Looks like either the Chosen or their enemies has bitten off more than they can chew this time...

Somehow, I wouldn't put it past Parpa to hide a DS in his pocket, or what passes for pockets among Ewoks.

13. SpeldoriontheBlended

Apr 12, 2002
    Gah! Fething stupid computer...

Let's try this again, shall we?

Thrawn: Whatever happened to "[Reply goes here! :D ]"? ;)

That beeth true... so... um...

[Answer goes here! :D ] :p

Oh, you mean a big fleet battle with at least one spherical superweapon large enough to be given its own astronomical classification? :p

Nah, that'd be Bastion - I meant a big battle with the defenders asailed by three diferent sets of enemies, each from a different place, each with diferent culture and each with a diferent objective....

And of course, this time one of the sides is going to be rather better led... [face_mischief]

Aye - but you have to bear in mind that Fett was with the Chosen, and the Chosen were simply tagging the Domain Choka cadres.... which wasn't hard... ;)

Indeed - and Yuuzhan Vong hunting cadres aren't exactly famed for their tact, stealth and subtelty now are they? :confused: ;)

I dunno. They represent the limits of "humanoid", I guess.. and they're both races that are considered distinctly "sexy" by characters...

Don't forget the exotic skin colour or the Twi-lek lekku tatoos...

Sovv and Scaur between them are the two people with the real power in the Galactic Alliance... and Scaur's the sneaky one who's happy to let everyone think that Sovv is in charge... even though as a former CINCFOUR, he'd probably have been just as qualified for Supreme Commander as he was for Director of Intelligence...

CINCFOUR? Que? :confused:

Well, the Ewok is an Ewok, no?

He is indeed. :) So... a trap? Girders and wolves for trees and chickens, and stormtroopers and Yuuzhan Vong for Rebel commandoes and Ewoks? :confused: [face_mischief]

A Wraith, I think. It's the fighter pilots with the red trim on their tunics who're the Empire of the Hand's answer to the Rogues... ;)

Led by a tall, broad-shouldered, scar-faced man with one eye and a supiriority complex? :confused:

Or the Spikes?

What, you mean Guardsman?

Aye...

You think I'd let you guys down with a straight answer? [face_thinking]

Never! :D

I'm honestly not sure... :D :p [face_laugh]

[face_laugh]:_|[face_laugh]

Vong? They're Sith, my friend... hadn't you noticed? [face_mischief] :p

:eek:

Que?! :eek:

Sith?

Wha-

Oh. Her.

But then why the hell is he on the Republican then?

"Mary"?!

Um, "Emma"?! :confused:

"Emmaa"?! :p

Emmaa. Yeah, that'll do. I think I kinda like it... :D

Um, she's due to have a major supporting role in... uhh, whatsitcalled... Complications...

What, the dormant one? :confused:

Actually, that was totally unconscious! [face_laugh] :D

Heh. :D

Though Chitwood did suggest in the way-back-when that he was some sort of Kenobi, and I probably had the thought in mind... ;)

Chitwood? Que?

Good grief. 1992. You'd have been about... three...

Two, actually. :p

But... this was being thought of in '92?

Good grief...

Well, he's been in the Unknown Regions with a Royal Guarsman ("from Wayland"), a crack company of the Empire of the Hand's finest stormtrooper legion, and, um, an Ewok...

Gods... Hmmm...

Yub yub?

[face_laugh]

14. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    Pelranius: That'll be interesting enough.

What, exactly? :confused: :p

Looks like either the Chosen or their enemies has bitten off more than they can chew this time...

Hmm... well, Parpa likes his food... and any way you try to look at that, it's probably almost unarguable... not that it actually tells you anything?

Somehow, I wouldn't put it past Parpa to hide a DS in his pocket, or what passes for pockets among Ewoks.

Sporran? :p

Blended: Gah! Fething stupid computer...

Let's try this again, shall we?

:D

That beeth true... so... um...

[Answer goes here! :D] :p

[face_laugh]! **applause** [face_laugh]!

Nah, that'd be Bastion - I meant a big battle with the defenders asailed by three diferent sets of enemies, each from a different place, each with diferent culture and each with a diferent objective....

And of course, this time one of the sides is going to be rather better led...

Hmm... well, look at it this way... Pellaeon; Luke; Leia... Varhao Choka; Nol Kheyanni; Commander Zest...?

Indeed - and Yuuzhan Vong hunting cadres aren't exactly famed for their tact, stealth and subtelty now are they? :confused: ;)

Compared to Chosen? Compared to Boba Fett?!

Also, when you think of yourself as the Great, um... Blue-Grey... ish... Hunters, you don't normally stop to check to make sure Boba Fett's not chatting casually to the native bearers...

Don't forget the exotic skin colour or the Twi-lek lekku tatoos...

How could I? Alien Henna!

CINCFOUR? Que? :confused:

Commander in Chief, Fourth Fleet - what Admiral Dif Scaur was before he became Director of Intelligence...

It's in Hero's Trial...

He is indeed. :) So... a trap? Girders and wolves for trees and chickens, and stormtroopers and Yuuzhan Vong for Rebel commandoes and Ewoks? :confused: ;)

Yub yub! :D

Led by a tall, broad-shouldered, scar-faced man with one eye and a supiriority complex? [face_thinking]

Or the Spikes?

Well, Jag has at least one eye... ;)

Aye...

Hmm...? [face_thinking] ;)

:eek:

Que?! :eek:

Sith?

Wha-

Oh.
    Her.

But then why the hell is he on the
    Republican then?

Sorry... you were supposed to think of the "Yuuzhan Vong are really Ancient Sith" idea there... not that Lumiya was somehow responsible for the wierd science that turned, um, her... into a piece of mildly pretentious Michellin-starred fusion-cooking... :p

Emmaa. Yeah, that'll do. I think I kinda like it... :D

Even if no-one's quite sure which of 'em is the clone? :p

What, the dormant one? :confused:

It's not dormant - just... hibernating! :D :p

Chitwood? Que?

Very important TF.N honcho. It was something in one of his really old editorials that I was thinking of, which led to the subconscious Kenobiism... :p

Two, actually. :p

Grief. And I was younger than you are now...

But... this was being thought of in '92?

Good grief...

Um, no... not quite. I mean, it would have been quite hard to have come up with an NJO AU when The Last Command hadn't been released yet... though that said, some of the broad themes have been kicking around in my head for all that time... :p

- The Imperial Ewok

15. SpeldoriontheBlended

Apr 12, 2002
    Thrawn: [face_laugh]! **applause** [face_laugh]!

:D *Bows elabourately with much florrid spiraling of top-hats and sweeping arm-movements*

Hmm... well, look at it this way... Pellaeon; Luke; Leia... Varhao Choka; Nol Kheyanni; Commander Zest...?

What? Oh, you mean at Bastion? Aye... and you're missing Jago off the list there, not to mention March...

But I meant the eventual battle for Yuuzhan'tar, where the faction formerly led by Bajlos and Kunra is now led - or a part of it is, at any rate - by Gaurdsman, Parpa, and Gani-wan...

Compared to Chosen? Compared to Boba Fett?!

Aye! I mean, Domain Choka don't use poison darts that make the target unable to do anything except follow instructions, do they? They don't pretend to be strange, sign-language-using aliens in order to get onboard the Queen of the Empire and capture Bria Tharen, do they? They don't watch a target for days, dressed in native garb, and then shoot him in the back - in exactly the right place to incapacitate him, mind - just after morning ablutions with a bow and arrow, do they?

Granted his combat techniques aren't anything less than violent, quick and noisy (not to mention spectacular, effecient, and very very cool) but they get the job done. :)

Of course, if you reallyt want to track, what you need is a Gand Findsman... Ooryl! Geet yaw steenkin' exauskeeliton up here! :p

Also, when you think of yourself as the Great, um... Blue-Grey... ish... Hunters, you don't normally stop to check to make sure Boba Fett's not chatting casually to the native bearers...

Aye... but... bearers? :confused:

How could I? Alien Henna!

Commander in Chief, Fourth Fleet - what Admiral Dif Scaur was before he became Director of Intelligence...

It's in Hero's Trial...

Ah...

I really need to relisten to that one... [face_plain]

Well, Jag has at least one eye... ;)

You know what I mean! :D

Sorry... you were supposed to think of the "Yuuzhan Vong are really Ancient Sith" idea there... not that Lumiya was somehow responsible for the wierd science that turned, um, her... into a piece of mildly pretentious Michellin-starred fusion-cooking... :p

Aaah. Ich sehe...

Even if no-one's quite sure which of 'em is the clone? :p

Yeah. Although, looking at it logically, it's both...

Which would imply some seriously long-range telepathy on behalf of a certain shaper's heretical quasa...

It's not dormant - just... hibernating! :D :p

[face_laugh]

Very important TF.N honcho. It was something in one of his really old editorials that I was thinking of, which led to the subconscious Kenobiism... :p

Ah...

Grief. And I was younger than you are now...

By, oddly enough, about that amount... :)

Um, no... not quite. I mean, it would have been quite hard to have come up with an NJO AU when The Last Command hadn't been released yet... though that said, some of the broad themes have been kicking around in my head for all that time... :p

Well, it would prove that some of your so-called 'outragesly ridiculous' theories about the future of the EU have come true before... [face_mischief] :p

16. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Ah. Any chapter that depicts Shimrra in his Hall of Confluence having a meeting is always worth reading. Especially with the warrior caste there.

How come you refer to him as Kae Kwaad instead of Onimi?

17. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    Blended: :D *Bows elabourately with much florrid spiraling of top-hats and sweeping arm-movements*

*throws fruit*

What? Oh, you mean at Bastion? Aye... and you're missing Jago off the list there, not to mention March...

One POV character per sequence?

But I meant the eventual battle for Yuuzhan'tar, where the faction formerly led by Bajlos and Kunra is now led - or a part of it is, at any rate - by Gaurdsman, Parpa, and Gani-wan...

Hmm... you're assuming that Bajlos or Kunra was ever the leader... and Kunra is problematic, since I figure I'll have a hard time writing him now as anyone other than Anak^H^HDenua Ku... :p

Aye! I mean, Domain Choka don't use poison darts that make the target unable to do anything except follow instructions, do they? They don't pretend to be strange, sign-language-using aliens in order to get onboard the Queen of the Empire and capture Bria Tharen, do they? They don't watch a target for days, dressed in native garb, and then shoot him in the back - in exactly the right place to incapacitate him, mind - just after morning ablutions with a bow and arrow, do they?

Granted his combat techniques aren't anything less than violent, quick and noisy (not to mention spectacular, effecient, and very very cool) but they get the job done. :)

[face_fett_nod]

Of course, if you reallyt want to track, what you need is a Gand Findsman... Ooryl! Geet yaw steenkin' exauskeeliton up here! :p

[face_laugh]!

Ooryl is not on the Coruscant infiltration mission...

... yet! :D

Aye... but... bearers? :confused:

Metaphorically speaking?

Ah...

I really need to relisten to that one... [face_plain]

[face_laugh]!

You know what I mean! :D

;)

Aaah. Ich sehe...

Y'do?! :confused:

Drat! :p

Yeah. Although, looking at it logically, it's both...

Oh, hos so?

Which would imply some seriously long-range telepathy on behalf of a certain shaper's heretical quasa...

Remember, Mezhan Kwaad was only reintroduced mid-fic... and she's not necessarily the only heretoc shaper out there... in fact, if you think about it, there's at least one more we know about... ;)

Well, it would prove that some of your so-called 'outragesly ridiculous' theories about the future of the EU have come true before... [face_mischief] :p

Hmm... lemme see... you have seen the template we worked out back in '98, to which all SW novels are set, aye? ;)

Spike2002: Ah. Any chapter that depicts Shimrra in his Hall of Confluence having a meeting is always worth reading. Especially with the warrior caste there.

So, the introduction of Leem and Tsup al'Shimrra doesn't quite make it jump the shark? ;)

How come you refer to him as Kae Kwaad instead of Onimi?

Because that's IMHO his real name... the way I'm characterizing Kae Kwaad, he's far saner than he appears... the madness brought on in TUF is presented, pretty much explicitly, as a new thing, or at best a relapse...

- The Imperial Ewok

18. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    So, the introduction of Leem and Tsup al'Shimrra doesn't quite make it jump the shark?

Interesting, but not really surprising considering all your other plot twists. If your plot thickens anymore we'll need a Death Star to cut through it.

Because that's IMHO his real name... the way I'm characterizing Kae Kwaad, he's far saner than he appears... the madness brought on in TUF is presented, pretty much explicitly, as a new thing, or at best a relapse...

Ah, a sort of schizophrenia? I am aware that Onimi was a Shaper before he was Shamed, but I always believe he was simply Onimi Jamaane. IMHO, Kae Kwaad was a simple invention to fool Nen Yim into thinking he was a genuine shaper.

But then of course, shouldn't Nen Yim know the names of the all master shapers in her domain? If so, then maybe there was a Kae Kwaad, but what happened to him to allow Onimi to disguise himself as him?

[AUSTIN POWERS]Oh dear, I've gone cross-eyed...[/AUSTIN POWERS]

19. Pelranius

Apr 25, 2003
    Or perhaps Omini and Kae Kwaad where somehow melded into a single personality and body?

20. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    If they were and they were two seperate beings originally then it sounds rather like the personality-stealing Qahsa Yuuzhan'tar from The New Invasion

21. SpeldoriontheBlended

Apr 12, 2002
    Thrawn: *throws fruit*

*Catches a pineaple slice thrown like a throwing star in mouth and eats it*

Mmmm... pineapple... :p

Hmm... you're assuming that Bajlos or Kunra was ever the leader... and Kunra is problematic, since I figure I'll have a hard time writing him now as anyone other than Anak^H^HDenua Ku... :p

Well, they're definately leaders of their own cells, and Kunra kind of influences a hell of a lot of people as Y'shuua's caretaker...

And Anak^H^Denua Ka? Elucidate, sir! :D

Ooryl is not on the Coruscant infiltration mission...

... yet! :D

Metaphorically speaking?

But what are they bearing? Arms? Bad tidings?:confused:

Y'do?! :confused:

Drat! :p

[face_laugh] That, my friend, deserves an award... so I hereby present you with the Spatula of... um... Humourous Revelations of Translucency!

Yup, that's it. Epatulet of Humerous Translucency Revalations! :D :p [face_mischief]

Oh, hos so?

Well, it makes sense not to use the real Mara, because it's far harer to turn someone than to simply remake them... and far quicker too, if Tahiri's anything to go by...although I think I know which one's the real one - Luke hasn't developed Vongsense yet, has he? :confused:

Remember, Mezhan Kwaad was only reintroduced mid-fic... and she's not necessarily the only heretoc shaper out there... in fact, if you think about it, there's at least one more we know about...

What, Nolly? :confused: [face_devil]

Hmm... lemme see... you have seen the template we worked out back in '98, to which all SW novels are set, aye?

Nay... wither beeth est? :confused: :p

22. Pelranius

Apr 25, 2003
    I'll go take another look at the TF.N editorials, time permitting.

Ten credits the next scene will take us back to the Koornatch Cluster (I'm almost certainly wrong, but it was worth a guess)

23. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    Spike: Interesting, but not really surprising considering all your other plot twists. If your plot thickens anymore we'll need a Death Star to cut through it.

What's the Battlemoon there for, huh?

Ah, a sort of schizophrenia? I am aware that Onimi was a Shaper before he was Shamed, but I always believe he was simply Onimi Jamaane. IMHO, Kae Kwaad was a simple invention to fool Nen Yim into thinking he was a genuine shaper.

But then of course, shouldn't Nen Yim know the names of the all master shapers in her domain? If so, then maybe there was a Kae Kwaad, but what happened to him to allow Onimi to disguise himself as him?

[AUSTIN POWERS]Oh dear, I've gone cross-eyed...[/AUSTIN POWERS]

[face_laugh]!

Y'know, I'd forgotten about that whole theory... I'm not sure I buy it... Kae Kwaad was a Shaper when he grafted yammosk parts into his brain; but I had the impression that Shimrra's twin died either as a crècheling or in the "selection" process to become Supreme Overlord... :p

Blended: *Catches a pineaple slice thrown like a throwing star in mouth and eats it*

Mmmm... pineapple... :p

[face_laugh]!

Well, they're definately leaders of their own cells, and Kunra kind of influences a hell of a lot of people as Y'shuua's caretaker...

True, but... ;)

And Anak^H^Denua Ka? Elucidate, sir! :D

What follows contains spoilers for Once a Warrior: for one reason or another, it struck me that Kunra spoke, acted and looked enough like Anakin that there was material in there for a 'fic; obviously, he'd have to have been sewn into a Yuuzhan Vong skin, donating his own epidermis and eyes to the dummy that they burned on Hapes - and in Allston, I came across Denua Ku, whose skin is scarred with what looks like a big seam running from the top of his skull down to his knee, and who shares some of Anakin/Kunra's character traits... so the Anakin/Denua Ku/Kunra equation is crazy, but it's hard for me to write Kunra in particular because in the back of my mind, there's a sense that he's Anakin... I notice that I left him out of this 'fic from the start...

But what are they bearing? Arms? Bad tidings? :confused:

Grudges? :p

[face_laugh] That, my friend, deserves an award... so I hereby present you with the Spatula of... um... Humourous Revelations of Translucency!

Yup, that's it. Epatulet of Humerous Translucency Revalations! :D :p [face_mischief]

I'm honoured, i think - but, um... translucency?!

Well, it makes sense not to use the real Mara, because it's far harer to turn someone than to simply remake them... and far quicker too, if Tahiri's anything to go by...although I think I know which one's the real one - Luke hasn't developed Vongsense yet, has he? :confused:

Nope...

What, Nolly? :confused: [face_devil]

Nah, Nol Kheyanni is basically someone who does a Nom Anor on the Nom Anors of the Yuuzhan Vong hierarchy...

Kae Kwaad? [face_thinking]

Nay... wither beeth est?

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=BA1C6BF7.13BE%25policraticus%40hotmail.com

Pelranius: I'll go take another look at the TF.N editorials, time permitting.

Huh? :confused:

Ten credits the next scene will take us back to the Koornatch Cluster (I'm almost certainly wrong, but it was worth a guess)

Nahh, in the next scene, I'm going to add a whole new slew of characters in another part of the GFFA altogether... but you're kinda right, inasmuch as it's the "Koornacht" strand of the plot they're in... :cool:

- The Imperial Ewok

24. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Kae Kwaad was a Shaper when he grafted yammosk parts into his brain; but I had the impression that Shimrra's twin died either as a crècheling or in the "selection" process to become Supreme Overlord...

Yes, Kae Kwaad was a shaper, but Nom Anor knew "Onimi" was also a shaper. And it was also assumed that Onimi was in Domain Jamaane by his speech to Jaina/Yun Harla in TUF.

And I never said anything about Shimrra's twin. We all know Shimmie offed him when he was about seven or something.

25. SpeldoriontheBlended

Apr 12, 2002
    Thrawn: What follows contains spoilers for Once a Warrior: for one reason or another, it struck me that Kunra spoke, acted and looked enough like Anakin that there was material in there for a 'fic; obviously, he'd have to have been sewn into a Yuuzhan Vong skin, donating his own epidermis and eyes to the dummy that they burned on Hapes - and in Allston, I came across Denua Ku, whose skin is scarred with what looks like a big seam running from the top of his skull down to his knee, and who shares some of Anakin/Kunra's character traits... so the Anakin/Denua Ku/Kunra equation is crazy, but it's hard for me to write Kunra in particular because in the back of my mind, there's a sense that he's Anakin... I notice that I left him out of this 'fic from the start...

:eek::D:cool:

Implausible, but very, very fun... :D

And... Once a Hero? That's the second time you've mentioned this... where is it? :confused:

Grudges? :p

[face_laugh]

I'm honoured, i think - but, um... translucency?!

Dang it! *Grabs rubber and rubs frantically* Epatulet of Humourously Translucent Revalations?! (I think...)

Nah, Nol Kheyanni is basically someone who does a Nom Anor on the Nom Anors of the Yuuzhan Vong hierarchy...

[face_laugh]

On the formula: [face_laugh] And is that another RASSM Scotsman, or you? :confused:

Nahh, in the next scene, I'm going to add a whole new slew of characters in another part of the GFFA altogether... but you're kinda right, inasmuch as it's the "Koornacht" strand of the plot they're in... :confused:

Jazza! :D :p

Spike: And I never said anything about Shimrra's twin. We all know Shimmie offed him when he was about seven or something.

Naah... we know we've been told he offed him aged seven... [face_mischief]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.