main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Hostile Forces (Force Heretic AU) [UPDATED!]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Thrawn McEwok, May 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpeldoriontheBlended

SpeldoriontheBlended Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
  2. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Spike: Yes, Kae Kwaad was a shaper, but Nom Anor knew "Onimi" was also a shaper. And it was also assumed that Onimi was in Domain Jamaane by his speech to Jaina/Yun Harla in TUF.

Oh, I must have missed that implication... [face_frustrated] :confused:

And I never said anything about Shimrra's twin. We all know Shimmie offed him when he was about seven or something.

Ah, 'k - gotcha! :D

Blended: Implausible, but very, very fun... :D

Aye, that's what I thought! [face_laugh]

And... Once a Hero? That's the second time you've mentioned this... where is it? :confused:

Um, here? I think everyone's seen it by now, though... ;)

Dang it! *Grabs rubber and rubs frantically* Epatulet of Humourously Translucent Revalations?! (I think...)

:D Thanks! :p

On the formula: [face_laugh] And is that another RASSM Scotsman, or you? :confused:

That was me... 8-} :cool: So, thanks! :D

Jazza! :D :p

Amongst others, aye...

It's dead! :_|

Nahh... it's just hard to know how to get the next bit right... ;)

- The Imperial Ewok

3. SpeldoriontheBlended

Apr 12, 2002
    Thrawn: Amongst others, aye...

:D :D :D :D :D

Nahh... it's just hard to know how to get the next bit right... ;)

*Sends anti-wrongness vibes* :p

4. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    [delurks]

McEwok, when you become a stinkin rich and famous professional writer, you are going to remember your old friends, aren't you? ;)

I am always amazed by your wonderful writing ability.
    I don't delurk often. I don't want you to think I am stalking you. :D

AG88
    [face_devil]

5. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    Blended: *Sends anti-wrongness vibes* :p

Thanks! :D

academygrad88: [delurks] ;)

Yikes! :eek:

McEwok, when you become a stinkin rich and famous professional writer, you are going to remember your old friends, aren't you?

Never gonna happen! :p

I am always amazed by your wonderful writing ability.
    I don't delurk often. I don't want you to think I am stalking you. :D

Well, I'm amazed you've slogged through this lump of 'fic! :p

:D Thanks! :cool:

- The Imperial Ewok

6. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    McEwok: Never gonna happen!

What? You are not going to remember your old friends? :_|

AG88

7. SpeldoriontheBlended

Apr 12, 2002
    Thrawn: Never gonna happen! :p

*Raises an eyebrow* (Or tries too, at least... :p) And why not, pray? :confused:[face_mischief]

8. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    88: What? You are not going to remember your old friends? :_|

Well, I have the younger 'uns to think of, too!

Blended: *Raises an eyebrow* (Or tries too, at least... :p)

o_O?

No! Try not! Do. Or do not. There is no try! :D

And why not, pray? :confused: [face_mischief]

Too cynical? :p

Guess I can update this 'fic, though... [face_mischief] :D

- The Imperial Ewok

9. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    Tenel Ka stood on the bridge of the Battle Dragon White Fire, feeling oddly comfortable in the tall riding-boots and supple breeches, and the tailored black tunic with the silver trim ? and the empty sleeve pinned across the front.

She?d lost the arm years earlier in a stupid accident at the Jedi Academy on Yavin 4, but the details had been carefully suppressed by the government. Most people in the Hapes Cluster assumed that she?d taken the injury in combat with one of the Empire?s Dark Jedi, and her advisors told her that the visual impact of the empty sleeve significantly increased public confidence in her. She was a nineteen-year-old girl with no idea of how to preside over a council of state or command a warship, a girl who still had trouble taking the idea that one person could be the sovereign ruler of two hundred billion other sentients seriously ? but when her people looked at her, they saw a heroine, a warrior queen on the bridge of her flagship.

My people, she thought, frowning slightly. My flagship. It wasn?t that anything felt wrong. If anything, it was that it all felt far too right.

She?d always itched and squirmed her way through the formal occasions when she was forced to wear the braided uniforms and brocaded gowns expected of the Heir Apparent rather than the supple dragon-hide armour of a Dathomiri warrior, surviving with a growling ill grace that she knew was unbecoming for a Jedi Knight, still less the Princess Royal of Hapes. And she?d always drawn the line at the heavy, high-collared tunic of a Consortium Navy flag officer.

I?m a teenage girl, she?d said, whenever her father had tried to talk her round. Maybe one day, Dad.

Now, she was still a teenage girl, but she was also Queen Mother, and so long as she remained unmaried, the responsibility to lead her people rested squarely and solely on her lopsided shoulders. Perhaps it would have been easier if she?d received the traditional training of a Hapan princess ? a heady mixture of high politics, grand strategy, two-fisted streetfighting, and practical starship mechanics ? but part of the reason the conservative wing of the Hapan ruling élite had assented to her going to the Jedi Academy in the first place had been the hope that by denying her the usual upbringing, they might smooth the succession of one of her more ?suitable? cousins.

At the time, she?d not really complained. Most Hapans shared her cordial dislike of her viperish cousins, and she had never really understood how any of them could ever hope to take the throne. They might think that fulfilling the expectations of the aristocratic old-guard was the most important thing for a member of the Royal House, but that was part of what was wrong with them. So she didn?t see what use it would ever be for her.

And then the war had come to Hapes.

She?d hardly had time to stop and think since she?d succeded to the throne. A surge of outraged patriotism had meant that no-one had seriously questioned her accession, but she?d immediately found herself dealing with defence, negotiating with the Alliance government on Mon Calamari, rebuilding the ravaged fleet ? her ravaged fleet ? and trying to balance the demands of the nobility, the great military-industrial syndicates and the ordinary people of the Hapes Cluster?s sixty-four inhabited worlds.

Her people.

Her Sovereign Majesty Tenel Ka a?Teneniel Chume Djo, Queen Mother of the Hapes Consortium stared out at the stars in silence, her gaze settling on the grey globe of Ch?, the airless outer planet of her home system ? now a newly-fortified garrison world, and her first port of call on what was supposed to be a morale-boosting inspection tour of her embattled realm?s defences.

She didn?t feel much in the mood for morale-boosting, she realised ? but what really scared her was the idea that what she felt didn?t matter in the slightest.

She would turn up, smile politely, perhaps give a little speech in a cramped hangar-bay, and go away.

And afterwa

10. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    [Okay... I'm a bit worried that this bit is a bit nuts in places, but then, so are the two self-centred, shell-shocked psychopaths it revolves around... :D]

Jacen Solo frowned slightly at Nika Aerryder as she took another slow slurp of of caf. Above the ceramic rim of her mug, her blue eyes looked back, at him as steady and unblinking as the sky.

She?d come in almost bouncing with excitement. She?d volunteered to lead the first scout sortie into Qof ? telling him that she was going home with the brightest smile he?d ever seen.

He?d forgotten how infectious happiness could be.

But he?d found the antidote quickly enough.

?How old are you?? he asked. ?Really??

?Sixteen,? she lied, pink heat seeping into her cheeks as she laid the mug back down. ?Sixteen next month.?

?Fifteen,? he said, slumping forwards and groaning, holding his head in his hands, and shaking it slowly. ?You?re just a kid.?

?So are you,? she answered, with a calmness that was at least two thirds defensive pride. What made up the balance, a small voice in the back of his mind reminded him, was a surprisingly adult confidence and the certainty that she was right. ?You?re what, nineteen??

?Almost twenty,? he said, and began to grin. Then his eyes flickered, and he sighed. ?Don?t try to trick me like that??

?Why not?? she asked, one eyebrow going up, a rare smile tugging out of hiding on her face. ?For a Jedi Knight, your battlefield tactics are pretty lousy, Jacen. Are you just helplessly funked when it comes it fighting, or do you actually want to frag it all up all the time??

?Yeah,? he conceded, with a sombre, apologetic smile ? and then his expression turned to one of wide-eyed horror, as he remembered his brother?s words, the last time they had been together, at the family apartment on Coruscant.

Well, when you figure it out, I hope you?ll let me in on it

The renark had been delivered with a winning smirk ? but behind the smile, Anakin?s eyes had been shaded, shadowed with the solemnity and seriou sness that he liked to think of as reflecting his own particular insight into the Force. Anakin was the confident one, the powerful one, the effortless, instinctive one. He was the thinker, the philosopher. The conscience of the family.

He remembered ? earlier ? Belkadan, hanging wretched in the Embrace of Pain, lured to the Yuuzhan Vong camp by his vision, betrayed by his own certainty that he had the strength to serve the Force. But he also remembered the awe that he had felt when Uncle Luke cut his way through the camp to rescue him.

Uncle Luke had seemed to embody everything he wanted to be ? Uncle Luke, and Anakin.

Well, when you figure it out, I hope you?ll let me in on it, his brother?s voice whispered, as he turned away.

But at Centerpoint, as a direct result of his meditation on that vision, he had been certain that it would be wrong to use the ancient battlestation?s hyperweapon to destroy the Yuuzhan Vong fleet. So certain that he hadn?t even considered any other option.

He had never been more proud than in the moment that Anakin agreed not to take the shot ? proud of his brother, his family, the Jedi truth? or himself.

He remembered his uncle, shoving himself forward for the control switch. He remembered the surge of energy unleashed by the ignition, pulsing through the ancient deck beneath his feet,

He remembered the horror on Anakin?s face ? even before the wavefront hit the fleets locked in combat at Fondor, Anakin had known what was about to happen.

It was no consolation that neither of them had predicted that alternative.

When you figure it out?. Even then, even after that, Anakin had managed a smile.

Duro. Sitting in a dingy storeroom, smug with the certainty that he had shown Uncle Luke and Anakin another way, hopelessly duped by the local Peace Brigade.

Myrkr. Anakin.

Coruscant ? captured Coruscant, staring at his own unscarred hands and the towering, creeper-clad planes of the crumbling skyscrapers, reliving the horror of the seedsh

11. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    Tahiri blinked in momentary panic. She felt warm and comfortable. Curled beneath a chem-heat blanket on the medical bunk.

Lance, she thought, oddly numb. After pacing around the cargo-bay for half an hour like a caged animal, while Lance Serenno blasted music from the intercomm and tried to fix the navacomp, she had curled in corner, and sobbed herself to sleep. Lance must have carried her over to the bunk, wrapped her in the blanket.

Since when did he start being nice? she asked herself.

The hatch on the far side of the bay lay open, she saw, and the sound of music was echoing softly from the cockpit. Some sort of string-led symphony piece, by the sound of it ? but from what she knew of Serenno, that could just be the middle stretch of a cheesy Twi?lek post-pop song.

She started to smile sleepily, then started awake as she felt a shiver run through the shuttle?s hull, and frowned. That meant they had just come out of hyperspace ? wherever the yammosk had told her to take them.

Reluctantly, she swung herself to her feet, and paced through to the cabin find him.

Somehow, she?d already knew what he?d be doing ? boots propped up on the wrecked flight-desk, reading a newsfeed off a hand-held screen and tossing a chrome sphere the size of a a shockball idly in one hand. The burnt remains of several crushed cigarrette-stubs were stinking in a flash-tray propped on the console beside him ? almost the only available flat surface which didn?t have a variety of half-dismantled casings, power-cells and circuitry strewn about on it.

Ahead of them, a starfield shone steady and bright. Outside of Koornacht ? a long way out, judging by the hazy glow of the galactic disk looping across space in front of them, the light faint and intangible behind the blood-dark veils of a nebula. If the luminous swell of the Core was visible at all, it was far, far behind them.

?Good to see you, Tahiri,? Lance noted, casting a quick glance in her direction, then frowning down at the thermal detonator in his hand. ?Sleep well??

?Trouble?? she asked, smiling in answer, skipping straight past the rest of the small-talk, as though neither of them needed to say anything. Beyond the viewport, the stars were strewn like diamonds on velvet. ?We?re not in Koornacht any more.?

?Well done,? he grinned. ?We?ve just dropped out of hyperspace at? ah, Hapes.? He blinked. ?Hapes?! Kriff. You have any idea why we?re here??

?More Yuuzhan Vong?? she asked, feeling a shiver of fear. Another yammosk?!

The last time she?d been at Hapes had been for Anakin?s funeral.

?Looks like it,? he grinned, turning back to the keypad, smiling. ?Yes. Two more dreadnaughts in orbit around the outermost gas giant ? look like they?re refuelling? and a big gravitic signature. That?s a yammosk, or I?m from Alderaan. Um. They?re hailing, by the way.? He leaned forward, toggling a switch on the console, and Tahiri shivered as the music cut out, and the familiar, elegant melodies of Yuuzhan Vong crackled from the speakers. ?I think they want to talk to Riina.?

?Okay,? she sighed, and at her nod, he reached for the comm switch. She took a deep breath, and felt something dark and alien rise up inside her like bile.

Riina.

?You sure you can do this?? Lance asked, something that might have been concern in his eyes as he looked up at her.

?Sure,? she shrugged ? then frowned as a display flickered, and a chime pinged in the cloed space of the cockpit. ?What was that??

?One of the new Bleeding Edge-class frigates,? he answered, tapping keys on the pad and laying down his cigarette. ?Moving into matching? hang on. Sneaky son of a gun?.?

?What is it?? she asked, leaning forwards. The schematics on the screens meant nothing to her.

Give me a proper gravitic array, Riina whispered to her, and I?ll tell you what it means.

?You see this?? Lance asked, pointing to a slight flicker on the screen. For a moment, he seemed oddly anxious, as if he?d heard Riina speak out loud. But she just s

12. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Uh oh. That's not good, is it?

13. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    fb: Uh oh. That's not good, is it?

What, Jacen/Nika, Lance/Tahiri, or something completely different? :D [face_laugh]

- The Imperial Ewok

14. SpeldoriontheBlended

Apr 12, 2002
    [Insert reply here!]

:p

She?d lost the arm years earlier in a stupid accident at the Jedi Academy on Yavin 4, but the details had been carefully suppressed by the government.

Were they? Hmmm... [face_thinking] [face_mischief] :p

Perhaps it would have been easier if she?d received the traditional training of a Hapan princess ? a heady mixture of high politics, grand strategy, two-fisted streetfighting, and practical starship mechanics ? but part of the reason the conservative wing of the Hapan ruling élite had assented to her going to the Jedi Academy in the first place had been the hope that by denying her the usual upbringing, they might smooth the succession of one of her more ?suitable? cousins.

[face_laugh] :D

She didn?t feel much in the mood for morale-boosting, she realised ? but what really scared her was the idea that what she felt didn?t matter in the slightest.

She would turn up, smile politely, perhaps give a little speech in a cramped hangar-bay, and go away.

And afterwards, the young men and women she had left behind would be noticeably more willing to die for her.

[face_plain] [face_plain] [face_plain]

?How old are you?? he asked. ?Really??

?Sixteen,? she lied, pink heat seeping into her cheeks as she laid the mug back down. ?Sixteen next month.?

?Fifteen,? he said, slumping forwards and groaning, holding his head in his hands, and shaking it slowly. ?You?re just a kid.?

[face_plain] :eek: [face_laugh]

Are you trying to push mush boundaries here, [Thrawn[/b]? :p

He stared at her, eyes bulging as though she?d just driven a rapier through his guts.

Centerpoint. Belkadan. Duro. Coruscant. Ebaq.

Myrkr.

In his mind?s eye, he saw Anakin again ? exhausted, stumbling forwards into the heart of the damutek. Too far gone to think straight, forcing himself forwards, the blade of his lightsaber ticking in his hands, just enough to deflect the thud-bugs away from him?

Myrkr.

Jaina, screaming, fighting, slim arms wrestling beneath his grip, as he dragged her away?

Myrkr.

If Anakin had asked for help, would he have done any differently?

And then, the crushing agony as his brother?s soul imploded in the force, leaving only an aching void ? darker and far, far more wrong than any Yuuzhan Vong.

*Winces and gives Jace a hug*

?I don?t need your sympathy, Captain Aerryder,? he said, and as he saw the flush of heat in her cheeks, he realised that his voice had been far, far colder than he meant it to be his words snapping like ice underfoot. He sniffed once, wiped the tears from his cheeks, then drew back up. ?Leave me alone.?

?Jacen,? she said, eyes flashing.

?Shut up, Nika,? he hissed, surprised by the anger, and the darker, more ambiguous emotions it helped to mask inside him. Surprised at the words tripping effortlessly out of his heart. ?Captain Aerryder. Anakin?s? death was no-one?s fault but his own. His mistakes? I? I had nothing to do with it. And I don?t need your sympathy in dealing with my own.?

:eek: I thought Jaina was the one going all Imperial on us in the 'fic!

?Who?s talking like a child now?? she asked, sighing and shifting her seat just a fraction away. Uncomfortable.

Return of the Chicken... ;)

?Nika?? he breathed, then stammered silently, not sure what he was supposed to say. None of his Jedi training had prepared him for this!

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

?What?? she snapped, then shook her head, leaned back against her side of the ?lift car, laughing softly. ?You?re not the first guy I?ve kissed, you know. That was Dash ? Lieutenant Fenn D?Asta, New Republic Defence Force. He?s dead now, of course ? skip got him, shotgunning a transport into Qon City. Then there was Max ? fun, but, hmm? let?s just say we left that at the experimental stage. And then there was that cute Lieutenant with the bunkroom down on C-deck?.?

*Wipes tears from eyes*

Where did I hear the name Fenn before? :confused: And Max? :p

And the cute Lieutenant?

15. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    Wonder where the Hapans are going?

Maybe there IS hope for Jacen, after all. Looks like our mysterious Imperial High General finally showed up.. and what luck to run into Tahiri and Lance!

16. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Tsk tsk. Jacen is a cradle snatcher.

17. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Lance/Tahiri...and the whole thing in general.

18. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    Blended: Were they? Hmmm...[face_thinking] [face_mischief] :p

Yeah. I keep meaning to post a Lit. thread on the symbolism of the hand-amputation thing... there's evidence that it's an ancient Jedi punishment, apparently part of a sequence of sais which runs belly-head-hand...

Jacen's unconscious mind might, one suspects, have done it deliberately...

[face_plain] :eek: [face_laugh]

Are you trying to push mush boundaries here, Thrawn? :p

[face_blush] I knew there was something I was uneasy about this scene for... [face_tired] :p

Seriously, though - the age-gap isn't much more than A/T was in Keyes and SbS... Nika is at least a year older than Tahiri was in Conquest (and probably not much younger than Alema was in SbS, for that matter, since it's specifically the fifteen-year-old Tahiri, as opposed to the seventeen-year-old Anakin, she's said to be almost as young as), and Jacen is in many ways a "young" nineteen-year-old...

Yeah, Traitor notwithstanding. In fact, perhaps especially because of Traitor - think about it... ;) [face_plain]

That, and because the SW year is 368 days long, I'm assuming that, going by the law of most Western countries (including US Federal Law), the age of consent in the GFFA is actually forty-four days before your sixteenth birthday.

That said, if anyone, especially Mods, has issues - PM me!

**thinks some more**

Hang on - how old is Tahiri in this timeframe, anyway? :eek: I think I had her pegged as sixteen, even seventeen... but then, that was when I believed the official attempts to make sense of the novel chronology... because if we're still within a year of SbS...

Whoops... [face_blush]

Okay. For the purposes of this 'fic, Tahiri is within forty-seven days of her seventeenth birthday, in GFFA terms. At least. If not older.

*Winces and gives Jace a hug*

Yeah. He needs one... :(

:eek: I thought Jaina was the one going all Imperial on us in the 'fic!

Yeah. She's become an Imperial - Jacen's in danger of becoming a Sith...

Return of the Chicken... ;)

Heh! Totally unintentional! [face_laugh] :D

*Wipes tears from eyes*

:( [face_plain]

**passes paper hankies**

;)

Where did I hear the name Fenn before? :confused:

You'll be thinking of Feena D'Asta from the Crimson Empire comics? Or possibly Fenn Shysa, the Mandalorian who joined the Rebels...

And Max? :p

Yeah... :p ;)

And the cute Lieutenant? Wait a second... [face_mischief]

[face_thinking] Shh! And anyway, I'm leaving that open-ended for now... [face_mischief]

**blinks**

No, hang on. That was just a throwaway line, but it makes far, far more sense than I'd realised...

Oh, [face_laugh]! :D

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant... :D

[face_blush] Thank you! :D

[face_dancing] I was really worried that that didn't work in the end... so - thanks! :cool:

I'm going to run out of laughs in a minute...
    ;)

[face_laugh] ;D!

Hmm. I think they may have changed the rules/coding to allow more, y'know...

:eek:

Infiltrator? Is that the ship I'm thinking of? [face_mischief]

It's a later design iteration, but yeah... dagger-bows, ball-and-foil set aft... it's a Sith Infiltrator...

[face_devil]

Psychotic idealist with a lightsaber. Tahiri Veila. Worldship. We've been here before...

[face_mischief]

Pelranius: Wonder where the Hapans are going?

Depends which Hapans you mean... ;)

**whispers**

"Ni'korish..."

Maybe there IS hope for Jacen, after all.

[face_plain] Yeah, actually - maybe there is! :D

Looks like our mysterious Imperial High General finally showed up.. and what luck to run into Tahiri and Lance!

Aye! :D

Spike: Tsk tsk. Jacen is a cradle snatcher.

Um, see above? [face_blush] :confused:

fb: Lance/Tahiri...and the whole thing in general.

Heh. You'll see... :D

- The Imperial Ewok

19. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Seriously, though - the age-gap isn't much more than A/T was in Keyes and SbS... Nika is at least a year older than Tahiri was in Conquest (and probably not much younger than Alema was in SbS, for that matter, since it's specifically the fifteen-year-old Tahiri, as opposed to the seventeen-year-old Anakin, she's said to be almost as young as), and Jacen is in many ways a "young" nineteen-year-old...

Yeah, Traitor notwithstanding. In fact, perhaps especially because of Traitor - think about it...

That, and because the SW year is 368 days long, I'm assuming that, going by the law of most Western countries (including US Federal Law), the age of consent in the GFFA is actually forty-four days before your sixteenth birthday.

You can always quote Dutch or Portuguese law in the age of consent argument ;)

20. SpeldoriontheBlended

Apr 12, 2002
    Thrawn: Yeah. I keep meaning to post a Lit. thread on the symbolism of the hand-amputation thing... there's evidence that it's an ancient Jedi punishment, apparently part of a sequence of sais which runs belly-head-hand...

:eek:[face_thinking] [face_mischief]

Now that is very interesting... you don't mind if I steal that one day for my ridiculously AU AU (not MotF :p ) do you? :confused: :D

Jacen's unconscious mind might, one suspects, have done it deliberately...

Oh? 16:14 and 19:15 is double the diference, if my maths is right... But yeah. It's not the physical age f the body that counts, it's the age of the mind that goes with it - in fiction, at least...

He is? I suppose he's got no qualifications and has never had any sort of a job or independant income, but... :p

Yeah, Traitor notwithstanding. In fact, perhaps especially because of Traitor - think about it... ;) [face_plain]

o_O Either you're being ridiculously base here, or you're seeing something in the text I've missed... [face_mischief]

Age of consent for humans, anyway... :p

Hang on - how old is Tahiri in this timeframe, anyway? [face_shocked] I think I had her pegged as sixteen, even seventeen... but then, that was when I believed the official attempts to make sense of the novel chronology... because if we're still within a year of SbS...

This is a year after SbS? :confused:

Yeah. She's become an Imperial - Jacen's in danger of becoming a Sith...

[face_plain]

**passes paper hankies**

Tissues! :D

*Blows nose* :p

You'll be thinking of Feena D'Asta from the Crimson Empire comics? Or possibly Fenn Shysa, the Mandalorian who joined the Rebels...

Ah... was the name intentional?

If so, it shows an interesting movement in the nobility... :D

It's a later design iteration, but yeah... dagger-bows, ball-and-foil set aft... it's a Sith Infiltrator...

:D :cool: [face_devil]

Psychotic idealist with a lightsaber. Tahiri Veila. Worldship. We've been here before...

[face_mischief]

*Cues ominous music*

Spike: You can always quote Dutch or Portuguese law in the age of consent argument ;)

Oh? :confused:

Besides... there's no age-limit on kissing... [face_mischief]

21. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Besides... there's no age-limit on kissing...

I could, if I wanted to, direct you to the topic of, "Teenage Kissing: The New Sex Crime," in the Senate Floor Forum ;)

22. SpeldoriontheBlended

Apr 12, 2002
    :eek:

WHAT?!?!?!

*Runs from thread* This is going to be fething ridiculous... [face_plain] :p

23. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    Blended: Now that is very interesting... you don't mind if I steal that one day for my ridiculously AU AU (not MotF :p) do you? :confused: :D

Not another one?! :_|

Oh? 16:14 and 19:15 is double the diference, if my maths is right... But yeah. It's not the physical age f the body that counts, it's the age of the mind that goes with it - in fiction, at least...

Something like that, yeah. An age at which we can hope that people have the minimal necessary psychological maturity...

Hang on - should you be even reading this, let alone participating in the discussion!? :confused:

He is? I suppose he's got no qualifications and has never had any sort of a job or independant income, but... :p

Yes...?

o_O Either you're being ridiculously base here, or you're seeing something in the text I've missed... [face_mischief]

Jacen grew up on New Alderaan, then on the inside of the Presidential protection squad; he was packed off to a wacky boarding school run by his eccentric uncle at a young age, and since then, he's spent most of his time not really talking to anyone in one way or another... his "coming of age" experience involved being locked up with the Space Chicken for several months...

Jacen hasn't really engaged with human society at any point up to and including TUF... he's like Anakin, only without the self-knowledge, the sense of humour, or the close friends... :p

Age of consent for humans, anyway... :p

:eek: :_| [face_laugh]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

This is a year after SbS? :confused:

Pretty much. I don't think there's a full year from SbS to DW, or any more time than necessary between DW and the start of FH3 (is there anything that says that the prelude with Saba at Barab I necessarily takes place after TUF)... actually, yeah - the twins are already nineteen in SbS, and they're still nineteen here...

Ah... was the name intentional?

If so, it shows an interesting movement in the nobility... :D

The younger sons of the unemployable join the army? Always the way it's been...

*Cues ominous music*

Or just eerie silence?

Spike: stop causing trouble...

- The Imperial Ewok

24. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002

[face_laugh]

25. SpeldoriontheBlended

Apr 12, 2002
    Thrawn: Not another one?! :_|

[face_laugh] Aye... [face_plain] [face_blush] :p

But this one'll never get posted - more never than Echoes, which actually has about three pages actually typed up. Ah, this is progress... :p

Something like that, yeah. An age at which we can hope that people have the minimal necessary psychological maturity...

Basically, yeah. If there was some sort of scale for measuring maturity other than age, it'd be very very useful... [face_plain] :p

Why can't people just have daemons? :confused: [face_mischief] :p

Hang on - should you be even reading this, let alone participating in the discussion!? ?[face_plain]

[face_laugh] :p [face_mischief] [face_plain]

I'd have put it the other way round, actually... :p

But that depends on what exactly I'm reading. So far, no one's none anything other than kiss and... er kiss, as far as I can read... [face_mischief] :p [face_devil]

And as to participating in the discussion: shouldn't I be specifically one of the people (as part of a demograph, at least) who should be discussing this? :confused:

:eek::_|[face_laugh]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Hey, a 20-something Hutt is a lot less mature than a twenty-something human, and some species' lifetimes match up to a Gallivespian's - I know one of the podracers in tPM, for example, could only live to be ten years old...

[face_laugh]:_|[face_laugh]

That a thimble could mean so much...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.