main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN Hot Date Friday Night

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Bobafemme, Jun 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    I do beleive awhile back someone mentioned seeing AI. Turns out the parents are coming Saturday morning so I'm free for that activity on Friday, if it's still a go. Anyone?

2. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I'm always up for a hot date! :D

Hope there's air conditioning though... it's a little too hot today!

3. Salacious_Crummy

Salacious_Crummy Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    Cool! A threesome! I'm there! Of course, everyone is welcome to join in the fun. ;)

4. Vader2000

Vader2000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 1999
    I'll join the fray! Friday night it is. If we go see it at the Carmike Wynnsong 15 up in Mounds View between 4:00 and 5:30 pm, we can get in for $3.25. However, for those that work till 5:00, that may be a tough time to make. I also like the Wynnsong 'cause their large screen is LARGE, and it's in THX and A.I. will most definitely be on that screen. Any theater preferences?

5. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    I work. :(

~*~Bria

6. TheRealBoushh

TheRealBoushh Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 18, 2001
    And I have several bounties I'm on the lookout for. I have no time for trivial entertainment! :p

7. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I'll be there. We're meeting at Movies 10 on Rte 30, right?

No......In Minneapolis? Oh......that's different. Bit more of a drive. Er, pass.

8. Vader2000

Jul 14, 1999
    Ok, I checked Carmike's showtimes page and A.I. will be playing on their EXTREMELY LARGE THX screen at 7:00pm and 10:00pm. Which showtime would everyone prefer?

Whichever one we see, I think we should get there a bit earlier to buy tickets, as it is opening night and could sell out. If people can't get there earlier, I can buy your ticket for you and you can pay me when you get there. I would think being there a half hour early should be good, though.

9. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    7:00 PM will work for me if you tell me where Mounds View is.

10. Salacious_Crummy

Dec 2, 2000
    I know where Mounds View is, but I still need directions to the theater please. :D

11. Master_Eki

Master_Eki Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    ditto...never been to Mounds view

12. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

Nov 27, 2000
    I should be able to make the 7:00 showing. V2k, can you give me directions?

13. Bobafemme

Nov 25, 2000
    Sorry, I have to bow out. Major corset malfunctions going on and I haven't much time to fix it.

14. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    DEFCOM level 3 on that malfunction, Femme?

15. Vader2000

Jul 14, 1999
    Ok, here's the directions:

1. Get on I-35W North.
    2. Take the County Road 10/County H exit, exit number 28B (I hope that exit # is right, that's what emaps said it was).
    3.The exit merges you into the left lane of a (I believe) three laner. Stay in the left lane.
    4. The road curves to the right onto Long Lake Road.
    5. At the third set of lights, the theater should be directly on your left, so turn left. :)

Sorry you can't make it BF. :(

Does anyone need me to pick up their ticket? How about if I'm in line and I hit the ticket window before you show up, I'll get your ticket for you. Can I get a head count again of who's coming? Bria can you make it since we'll be going at seven?

16. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Nope. Still can't make it. I work 2-8:30. :(

I'll be at the IMAX thing though! :)

~*~Bria

17. Vader2000

Jul 14, 1999
    Really?!? Cool, glad to hear it. :D

18. Salacious_Crummy

Dec 2, 2000
    You wanted a head count again? Okay, like I said before, I'm there.

19. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

Nov 27, 2000
    :( I was really looking forward to this movie night... BUT...

... Baylor is sick with a chest infection and cannot watch the girls tomorrow. So no movie for me! :(

20. Vader2000

Jul 14, 1999
    :( :_|

Aw man...I'm so sorry to hear that. No Bria, no BF, and now no MJS either. Well, I'm sure I'll want to see it a second time, so if you three want to work another weekend out to catch it, I'd be more than happy to join you.

So, right now it looks like me, Sal, Eki, and possibly one or two of my friends will be seeing A.I. tomorrow night. Remember, movie starts at 7:00. See you guys then.

21. Salacious_Crummy

Dec 2, 2000
    Tsk, tsk, Eki. :mad: You didn't show up for A.I. and V2K had purchased you a ticket since you said you were coming and he was worried it was going to sell out. :mad: You should have told him you weren't going to come when you talked to him earlier that day.

A.I. was okay by the way, but not great. Although the special effects were pretty amazing.

22. Vader2000

Jul 14, 1999
    Yeah Eki, what happened? We waited in the lobby until 2 minutes before showtime and you weren't there so we went in.

I was kinda let down by A.I. too. It wasn't as cool as I was expecting and it took a weird twist. Effects were really nice, though.

23. Master_Eki

Master_Eki Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    Hey guys,

I was heading out to the theatre when the damn phone rang..Of course like and idiot, I picked it up. It was my ex-wife calling me to tell me that her and her mom both had the crud and that I had to come get the kids...so that blew the hell out of my evening..GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Trust me, I'm not answering the phone on the way out the door again!

Vader, I'll pay ya for the ticket at Convergence..kay?

M.E.

24. Salacious_Crummy

Dec 2, 2000
    What the hell is "the crud"? :confused:

25. Vader2000

Jul 14, 1999
    Thanks Eki. Sorry you had to miss the movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.