main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hotdog Magazine. (ROTS Related, please read)

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Yoshee, May 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
    Oooooh would you believe it?? I have got yet another email from the media. This time Hotdog Magazine. The email goes as follows.....

Hi Yoshee,

I mailed you from work earlier but thought I might try this also. I work at Hotdog magazine and I'm trying to track down a group of star wars fans who would be up for helping us with an article, and I thought you may be interested or may be able to help.

Basically, we want to follow a group of fanatical star wars fans when they go to see the film for the first time (if it were at the saga marathon all the better). The idea is to get everyones opinions beforehand and get a few pictures (I'm presuming people would be indulging in some costume action) and then get everyone's opinions on the way out. We want to write a fun piece about what the real fans actually think for our next issue.

Please drop me a note if you think this is something you may be able to help with.

Well, any takers??? :)

2. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Costume action????

Yeah, we all walk around all day dressed as Wookies and only eat and drink offically licenced Lucas merchandise before we go to bed with our Ewok teddy bears.

When are these people going to give us a break and realise that only a tiny amount of fans do the whole dressing up thing, and even they only do it on rare occassions.

Still it does sound like fun and its just a shame that i'm in Wales.

Still, it might give me a reason to buy Hotdog next month as I'll get to see all of you London people in your element!

Edit: Maybe you could pitch to Hotdog for them to pay for me to travel up and stay in a hotel? After all they're going to get a much better story with a wider view of British fans from all over the country and not just London. :)

Think about it ;)

3. Stormtrooper_fan

Stormtrooper_fan Jedi Master star 5

Aug 23, 2003
    If the want costumed fans they'd be better off looking up the UK Garrison really.

4. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
    This isn't just aimed at posters here as such, but the lurkers as well :p

Whenever I've posted one of these things, I get emails from all sorts of people.... most of which don't actually post on here, but like to read our stuff anyway. :D

5. Stuey

Stuey Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 30, 2002
    i might be interested, but then at the saga i'll probably be really grouchy and just want to go to bed after. so i'm not sure

oh and i'll be dressed as a jedi

6. LordBlack

LordBlack Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    Whats the point? The artical will only go something like these star wars losers who have come dressed up in their fan made costumes thought the film was good but the truth is the film like I&II was rubbish because blah blah blah.

7. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    That is a possibility

8. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    well, I wont be in costume, But I will be at teh saga marathon ( aswell as Richie, happy ninja, stuey etc)

9. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    It should be a good laugh methinks

I won't be in costume this time, but once I get me some more money I should have one completed

10. Eetko1

Eetko1 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2005
    I'm there for the day, got my Galactic Passport all ready and waiting.
    I'm going as a Jedi.

I don't see any thing wrong with it, I'm up for it.

11. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    I'll glady do it

If they give me a ticket :D

12. TheDarthVader

TheDarthVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    I would be very willing, I will be attending in the Jedi outfit I had made for CIII. Hopefully I will also get the Darkside contact lenses sorted out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.