main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hotel Block Registration

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Grumpy_Jedi, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eledaia

Eledaia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2004
    Anyone have a hotel code or a Figeroa room they can transfer to me? My fanforce and I could only come up with 3 hotel codes and I needed all those rooms for them! I gave up my hotel code to get all quad rooms and now I don't have a room code for my fiance and I. C4 is going to be our honeymoon and now we don't have a room! Do I sound pitiful enough? I didn't know that you could reserve the rooms without money on your card, otherwise I would have purchased another badge just for the code (but registering is closed for now)!

I am willing to trade, I can a handmade(by me) Han Solo Vest and Shirt! Anyone?

2. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Another question...
    I have hotel from may 22 to 28, but I will stay in LA from 22 to 29. Can I reserve another night in the same hotel using the hotel´s standard rates?
    Thanks.
    [/quote]

If the rooms are available, you should be able to. Best thing would be to contact the hotel directly.

3. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Everybody -- don't forget to post in the "official who's staying where" thread -- I will then add your names to the list!

4. mrcottonsparrot

mrcottonsparrot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004
    Boy, I'm glad I'm at the Fig with my SO... and he just reconfirmed his reservation. Our associates all made Holiday Inn reservations with the AAA rate on line, which at that time was CHEAPER than the block rate. So it's all good...squawk!

MCP

5. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    Yeah thanks. What a crock! I got on and HI never came up as an option. I'm fine with the Fig. It's cheaper and just as close. I'm not worried. Just wanted the other room as a back up. Thanks for the info though.

6. Eledaia

May 28, 2004
    How do you get the AAA rate at the Holiday Inn?

7. mrcottonsparrot

Jul 26, 2004
    *IF* there are still rooms available, you request availability, and state (on line, there's a drop box with this option) that you're a AAA member. They will need to see your valid card at check-in, or you pay the rack rate (which is expensive...)

MCP

8. rockskigrrl

rockskigrrl Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 8, 2006
    Eledia: Check your pm's.

9. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006

I'm not worried about double booking. I've got my room at the Fig and that's all I need. Would have been nice to have a back up reservation at the HI but I wouldn't want to hold up anyone else from getting a room so screw it. I'm settled at the Fig. =)

10. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    We're Sorry

We were unable to locate reservation 0. Please check the number and try again.
    If you believe you have reached this page in error, please contact Star Wars Celebration IV Housing
    :confused:

I just got a e-mail about my room, but the C4 page said can't find the room.

8-} the website is going crazy.

11. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    You seemed to have been going back and forth with that. I wondered where you'd finally settle.

12. Eledaia

May 28, 2004
    YAY! Thank you Rockskigrrl! I now have a room for us at the Sheraton!

13. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    :p I called them and they told me that was a mistake in the website.

I got a room. [face_mischief]

Sounds that fans are clicking too much. [face_laugh]

When the website is going to crash? [face_worried]

Oh dear.. now I can focus in my homework. I can't tell my teacher that I did not do my work because I was going to a galaxy far far away. :p

14. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    I'm no going back and forth with anything. I always wanted to stay at the Fig. I was only concerned because of the 3rd person who's now going and space. I've been at Holiday Inn's tons of times but was willing to get that as a back up. Regardless, it all worked out so I'm not worried about it. I wanted a back up room but felt bad about doing it because there are people scrambling to get anything. I started to feel it was kind of wrong to hog 2 rooms as this point...besides, the wait list didn't work out anyway so I suppose it was meant.

15. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Homework?? Your most pressing "homework" is to deal with all-things C4-related only! Get back to that galaxy far far away!! ;)

16. MzAmethystCrow

MzAmethystCrow Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2001
    Question... how does anyone know where the stars are staying anyways? I'm at the Holiday Inn already, but I was just wondering...

17. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Westin Bonaventure Hotel (Headquarter Hotel)

Not sure what that means, but it's there on the hotel list. Might just be the hotel where folks that work for Gen-Con and LucasFilm are staying??[face_thinking]

18. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Uusally they post their fake names and room numbers. Who cares where they are staying? Do plan on stalking them? =)

19. MzAmethystCrow

MzAmethystCrow Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2001
    LOL, no, I just hear rumors flying around and I was just curious. :) I've seen Hayden in person already, so I can die peacefully now. LOL

20. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Since the Bonaventure is the biggest hotel downtown, it makes sense that they will want to put the VIPs in a place together. Easier for logistical purposes.

21. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Picture 50,000+ screaming SW fans bum-rushing the Bonaventure trying to catch a glimpse of Ford, Hamill, Fisher, Jackson, Portman, etc.

22. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    Excuse me while I vomit. [face_sick]

23. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    Yeah, because Portman and Ford are staying over night. IIIIFFFFFFF they can pay them enough money to go, it will be a drive in, stay for 45 minutes and drive out gig.

24. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    Carrie lives in LA anyway so they will not put her up in a hotel she can drive :p
    I have never been to a star wars convention where people have gone totally mad over the actors they are just all pretty normal people. A thing jeremy bulloch said to me at a bar during C3 was he really liked how calm and relaxed it was so in other words it was nice that fans from his point of view where not in his face all the while whilst he was having dinner or something.

25. mrcottonsparrot

Jul 26, 2004
    Me, too. A vast majority of the celebs/guests who *live* here will probably just, oh I don't know, come from their own homes? I mean, really. You'd be surprised -- we literally ran into William H. Macy in the produce section (he was looking for the onions) at a Pavilions store in the Burbank area. I met Wayne Knight at the cocktail lounge at the Arclight. They're just people, for crying out loud. And thanks to whomever posted them by LAST name, this first-name thing makes me crazy. It's not like we have carte blanche to call them by that like we know them personally, just because we've seen their movies or are fans. If someone *has* actually met someone, and gotten permission, that's cool, but this general proprietary attitude of fans juts irks me. No wonder more of the big stars don't want to go to big fan events -- can you blame them? Anyone else at the Angelina Jolie riot at Comic Con a couple years ago? I saw it in action...yikes.

MCP
    Caryn B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.