Hotel Info For Celebration III Attendees - READ! (Deadline July 1st!)

Discussion in 'Bakersfield CA' started by Jedi_Riibu, Jun 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Riibu Jedi Master

star 4
    This is to inform you friendly folks that jedi_master_sal, an active member of the Pittsburgh FanForce, was given authorization to attempt to coordinate hotel booking for ALL of FanForce for Celebration III. This is a rather daunting task, but Sal felt up to the challenge.

======================
    SAL'S MESSAGE
    ======================

To all CR's, RSA's and GSA's,

This is a formal letter regarding hotel room booking information for CIII. I have been told by Terry (aka: Rox) that I am authorized to negotiate a group rate for all of Fanforce. It is my hope to secure a full hotel connected to the convention center (by skywalk) for all of Fanforce before the general public is able to book rooms. I am fairly confident that this is possible.

What I need from you all is a tally of FIRM numbers of interested people from your respective Fanforce chapters. (Also, if you have some "possibles," you may give me a count for those as well.)

Please format your numbers as such:
    Pittsburgh FF: 14 Firm, 6 Possibles

I will need your final tally no later than July 1st, so that I may compile the list and start negotiating with GenCon (the promoters of CIII).

The 501st already has a deal through them for 250 rooms, but I am confident that with the combined presence of Fanforce we will be able to have many more rooms requested, and could then present a valid case for special consideration in regards to discount rates and "pre-booking".

The room rates quoted to me so far (this was by one specific hotel so rates may differ slightly)
    were as such:

$134 per night for a single (1 person) 1 double bed
    $144 per night for a single (2 person) 1 king bed
    $154 per night for a single (3 person) 1 king bed, 1 roll out bed
    $164 per night for a single (4 person) 2 doubles

Should the actual rates be different (whether higher or lower) you will be notified immediately after I receive that information.

The bed size may vary by hotel. You will also be notified of that should it differ than what is quoted here.

The information contained in the replies I receive will figure prominently in the negotiating process and, as a result, will need to be as accurate as humanly possible since a contract will most likely need to be drawn up.

Do not "pad" your numbers. Only firm numbers, please. (The "possibles" may be taken into account, but I suspect that unlikely.) We, as Fanforce, can not be responsible for extra rooms not filled, so once again I urge you to be absolutely confident with your figures before you submit them to me.

Since this is just the beginning of the negotiation phase, I do not yet have any answers regarding who, how, and when you will be able to pay for rooms. Rest assured that I will post this information immediately after finding out, so as to give you and your respective members as much time as possible to make whatever decisions you need to make regarding payment.

If there are any questions regarding CIII room booking, please PM me for now and I will ensure that a special thread be made for this, which will include a FAQ.

Thank you for your time. I look forward to hearing from you.

Let's show our "force,"
    jedi_master_sal

======================
    END OF SAL'S MESSAGE
    ======================

So please respond here if you plan on attending C3 and would like in on this possible pre-booking of hotel rooms!

Edit: Added the new deadline to the title of the thread - MJF
  2. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok..so how do we get ahold of him...We have four positives and 2 maybes (more like probably not)

We are also having our meeting this Friday at 7:00 p.m. Come on up..we miss you!
  3. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    ok, I tried to pm him, but he is not listed in the fanforce database under that name. So could you forward messages for us?

Thanks,

K
  4. Jedi_Riibu Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually, all that info is available in the CR boards, which you have access to. :)

As much as I'd like to come to the meeting, I don't think I can. I've got to be frugal in the weeks leading up to Comic-Con and I've been spending a lot on gas these last few months for various adventures.. I'd like to go as long as possible without filling up.

And no, this isn't a rant on gas prices. The quantity of gas I've had to buy in the last few months is just a lot. It adds up on the pocket book.
  5. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Totally understand on the gas prices, The Falcon (my '94 Ford 1/2 ton) now costs almost $100.00 to fill up and the tank lasts only about a week. ( 8 mpg) So I am now driving the Jedi Fighter (88 GMC S15) which is 2/3rds less to fill up and gets over 30 mpg...no air conditioning..but at least affordable.

Yeah, we are saving up for Comic Con too!

Keep in touch and see you there..

MTFBWY

K
  6. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Master--Kenobi
    Check your PM's. I did get the couple you sent me.

So far we have 15 FF chapters from all over the U.S., Canada and even some in Europe (Sweden, Germany, England).

We're into the hundreds of people now who have said they are definitely going.

Please be sure when you submit your final numbers that they are for definite people going as well as how many rroms your chapter will need. If there are some still riding the fence as Possibles you can mention that, but have a clear distinction that those are possibles only.

Thanks again for you interest and response.
    I look forward to your group's participation should they wish to take up the offer.

-Sal
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.