Hotel master list

Discussion in 'FanForce: Star Wars Celebration VI, VII, Europe II' started by Obi Anne, Dec 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BruceM Jedi Master

star 4
    My Apartment in Winter Park [face_dancing]
  2. wendynat Jedi Knight

star 3
    Wendynat - Residence Inn Convention Center - Southeastern VA Fanforces (Hampton Roads and Tidewater)
  3. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    The ExtendaStay is the one right across the street from the Con Center. Not sure the address of it.
  4. Bail-Aquino Jedi Knight

star 2
    Wow, the hotels next to the convention center have more than doubled their price from yesterday!!! I gues I'll be a victim of offer and demand! :_|
  5. Bail-Aquino Jedi Knight

star 2
    Ok, just booked at the Residence Inn by Marriott Orlando Convention Center. The pricing wasn't so bad considering it's a studio with free parking, internet and full breakfast. Now to wait patiently until August!!!! [face_whistling]
  6. MattDoc Jedi Knight

star 3
  7. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    Apparently "right across the street" was an exaggeration; it's across the highway and kinda behind the convention center. They did say it's maybe a 15 minute walk tops. Which sucks, but hey, at that price, we're not moving.
  8. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6
    geo3 and me are at the Sleep inn!
  9. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    Yeah, Doug and I were looking at the Google maps street view and noticed that. But yeah, as cheap as it is, we're probably not moving either.
  10. mavjade It's so Fluffy Fanfic & New Movies Manager

Manager
    star 5
    I was looking at the google satellite images and there are two of them right there together that share a parking lot. The ExtendaStay America and The ExtendaStay Deluxe. I'm actually in the Deluxe (it has a pool :) , I don't think the America does) and I don't think I'll be moving unless the blocks of rooms are much cheaper.
  11. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    That's probably because they're about to lower them again for the "special con rates". :p
  12. Fistofury Jedi Knight

star 1
  13. MattDoc Jedi Knight

star 3
    Though I've reserved a few places I think I'll settle on the La Quinta.

Also, because I love Google Maps, I threw together this map based on what everyone has shared here. I'll try to keep it updated as more people share their locations. Hope this helps.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=102109937553911375427.00047abd30483f98614b5&t=h&z=11
  14. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    Great job with the map!

I've updated the list, but if there are more cases of "same name, but actually different hotels" let me know. :)
  15. MattDoc Jedi Knight

star 3
    Thanks. And I actually meant to mention that...anyone can let me know if I flagged you for the wrong hotel and I'll fix it. There are several chains that have more than one location in the area. Unless I could tell otherwise I just started with the ones closest to the OCCC.
  16. wookieesrus Jedi Knight

star 1
    Nice idea!!

...I'm so proud of this forum *wipes tear away
  17. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Clarion Inn & Suites for me.
  18. DARTH-XAVIER Jedi Knight

star 1
    DARTH-XAVIER

Quality Inn Plaza

Chicago FanForce
  19. MattDoc Jedi Knight

star 3
    Map updated:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=102109937553911375427.00047abd30483f98614b5&t=h&z=11
  20. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hmm I got reservations at the Quality Inn Plaza and the Clarion. It's a toss up...though the Quality Inn Plaza was the cheaper of the 2, my husband and I might go with that one.
  21. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    Matt, that map is awesome! I especially like the additions of the post office, Wal-Mart, and other notable locations in the area. Great job!
  22. Experiment626 Force Ghost

Disney's Boardwalk Villas
  23. MattDoc Jedi Knight

star 3
    Thanks. Was actually fun to make. I'll do my best to maintain it as time goes on. Hopefully it will get very full with usernames in the coming weeks as the room blocks are announced.
    I'm also trying not to clutter it up too much. Sure I could put every store and restaurant on it, but that would be overkill. I figure essentials like Walgreens and Walmart are good though.
  24. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    You might consider marking the nearby areas where there are restaurants and/or shopping though. I had no idea there were so many restaurants right next to the Rosen Center until I looked a little closer at your map.
  25. PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Add me and 11 other members of the Calgary Fan Force to the Rosen Center.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.