main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Hotel master list

Discussion in 'FanForce: Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , Dec 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BruceM

BruceM Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2006
    My Apartment in Winter Park [face_dancing]

2. wendynat

wendynat Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    Wendynat - Residence Inn Convention Center - Southeastern VA Fanforces (Hampton Roads and Tidewater)

3. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    The ExtendaStay is the one right across the street from the Con Center. Not sure the address of it.

4. Bail-Aquino

Bail-Aquino Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2002
    Wow, the hotels next to the convention center have more than doubled their price from yesterday!!! I gues I'll be a victim of offer and demand! :_|

5. Bail-Aquino

Bail-Aquino Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2002
    Ok, just booked at the Residence Inn by Marriott Orlando Convention Center. The pricing wasn't so bad considering it's a studio with free parking, internet and full breakfast. Now to wait patiently until August!!!! [face_whistling]

6. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    The La Quinta on Universal Blvd that I booked is still showing $69 and $79 rates.

[link=http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?ident=LQ182&propId=182&WT.mc_id=EMCFNAME]http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?ident=LQ182&propId=182&WT.mc_id=EMCFNAME[/link]

They are the only property I've seen that hasn't jacked up their rates in the last week.

7. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Apparently "right across the street" was an exaggeration; it's across the highway and kinda behind the convention center. They did say it's maybe a 15 minute walk tops. Which sucks, but hey, at that price, we're not moving.

8. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Force Ghost star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    geo3 and me are at the Sleep inn!

9. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Yeah, Doug and I were looking at the Google maps street view and noticed that. But yeah, as cheap as it is, we're probably not moving either.

10. mavjade

mavjade It's so FLUFFY! Fanfic Manager star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 10, 2005
    I was looking at the google satellite images and there are two of them right there together that share a parking lot. The ExtendaStay America and The ExtendaStay Deluxe. I'm actually in the Deluxe (it has a pool :) , I don't think the America does) and I don't think I'll be moving unless the blocks of rooms are much cheaper.

11. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    That's probably because they're about to lower them again for the "special con rates". :p

12. Fistofury

Fistofury Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002
    red roof

13. MattDoc

Dec 10, 2009
    Though I've reserved a few places I think I'll settle on the La Quinta.

Also, because I love Google Maps, I threw together this map based on what everyone has shared here. I'll try to keep it updated as more people share their locations. Hope this helps.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=102109937553911375427.00047abd30483f98614b5&t=h&z=11

14. Obi Anne

Obi Anne FF manager Celebrations star 8 Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Great job with the map!

I've updated the list, but if there are more cases of "same name, but actually different hotels" let me know. :)

15. MattDoc

Dec 10, 2009
    Thanks. And I actually meant to mention that...anyone can let me know if I flagged you for the wrong hotel and I'll fix it. There are several chains that have more than one location in the area. Unless I could tell otherwise I just started with the ones closest to the OCCC.

16. wookieesrus

wookieesrus Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2009
    Nice idea!!

...I'm so proud of this forum *wipes tear away

17. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Clarion Inn & Suites for me.

18. DARTH-XAVIER

DARTH-XAVIER Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2001
    DARTH-XAVIER

Quality Inn Plaza

Chicago FanForce

19. MattDoc

Dec 10, 2009
    Map updated:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=102109937553911375427.00047abd30483f98614b5&t=h&z=11

20. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Hmm I got reservations at the Quality Inn Plaza and the Clarion. It's a toss up...though the Quality Inn Plaza was the cheaper of the 2, my husband and I might go with that one.

21. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Matt, that map is awesome! I especially like the additions of the post office, Wal-Mart, and other notable locations in the area. Great job!

22. Experiment626

Experiment626 Jedi Knight

Jan 31, 2005
    Disney's Boardwalk Villas

23. MattDoc

Dec 10, 2009
    Thanks. Was actually fun to make. I'll do my best to maintain it as time goes on. Hopefully it will get very full with usernames in the coming weeks as the room blocks are announced.
    I'm also trying not to clutter it up too much. Sure I could put every store and restaurant on it, but that would be overkill. I figure essentials like Walgreens and Walmart are good though.

24. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    You might consider marking the nearby areas where there are restaurants and/or shopping though. I had no idea there were so many restaurants right next to the Rosen Center until I looked a little closer at your map.

25. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Add me and 11 other members of the Calgary Fan Force to the Rosen Center.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.