main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hotel master list

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , Dec 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drth sidious

drth sidious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 1999
    Staying at the Clarion.

2. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    list updated

3. shakes116

shakes116 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2009
    Fairfield Inn and Suites at Seaworld
    Shakes116 and Mr. Shakes116

4. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    Still trying to get the wife (Maulfly) to agree to go for this. I told her if we're going to have kids, then we need to go now because we'll be stuck at home for at least 5 years before we can take the brats anywhere.

If we go, we'll be at the Wyndham Orlando Resort, provided I can get to to get on board soon.

5. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    And confirmed for Wyndham Orlando Resort! You just can't beat getting a hotel that regularly costs 127/night for 69/night during a con in August!

Maulfly (Austin FF)
    GrandAdmiralStrife (Austin FF)

We're getting in on the 10th so we can hit HP @ Universal on the 11th.

6. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I'm adding my confirms to the list for Vista Cay. -Commander_Thigh-, Dark Lady Mara, Handmaiden_Yane, Healer_Leona, Mariah J Skywalker, and QuiGon70

7. Admiral_Ozzel

Admiral_Ozzel Jedi Master star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    Just switched from Double Tree Castle (1 mile away) to Rosen Plaza (1 block away)!! [face_dancing]

8. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Well done - staying as close to the CC as possible is always a top priority for us (we're booked at the Peabody across the street).

9. Admiral_Ozzel

Admiral_Ozzel Jedi Master star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    Yeah, @ C3 It was a long walk to the con from my hotel, had to take a cab back due to painfull Jedi boots (got expensive). At C4 I had a long walk from my hotel again, I lost 6lbs on that trip. Not this time! :D

10. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    Days Inn - bedbugs and all

At C4 was also within walking distance..Very exotic, middle-eastern and privy to those who also chose to stay there, including the floor managers for C4 - interesting conversations with same at the hotel outside bar, suggesting we, at the minimum, let those who inhabited the Ewoks know they are appreciated. ..
    and other stuff.

We were invited to the opening night party on the terrace.....wall to wall rugs, outside under the stars. My friend and I won the original 45 rpm Imperial March for trying (and failing majorly, IMO) to recapture a moment with a Wookie.
    We were awful, but at least they recognized it. Hosted by major gamer industry whose representatives were hoping for players like you guys.

11. shakes116

Mar 28, 2009
    Does anyone know the reliability of the shuttle service, or how it works? Does each hotel have it's own shuttle, or does the convention center send out multiple shuttles to various hotels...like 1 shuttle to every 5 hotels? I'm rethinking staying at a hotel thats 1 mile away, when we could stay in one thats w/i an easy walking distance, for a little bit extra $$$ if our entire schedule is based around 1 shuttle thats going to 5 different stops.

Also, does anyone know what part of the convention center CV is going to be in? The Hilton connects to the N.W. part of it, I believe (?) which seems like it would make life SO much easier.

I'm up in the air about it all now...my husband is going to kill me.

12. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    I finally stopped slacking off and got the map updated:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=102109937553911375427.00047abd30483f98614b5&ll=28.417145,-81.460984&spn=0.013947,0.027874&z=16

Shakes, you might want to have a look at the map and see if a closer place appeals to you more than where you have booked.

The only shuttle service I know of is this one: http://www.iridetrolley.com/

Word is that it can get pretty full when there is a con going on so walking may still be your best bet if you are close enough. I'm at the LaQuinta which got overall good reviews and is only about a 10-15 minute walk from the OCCC. I'd love to stay at one of the Rosen properties or the Peabody, but I locked in at such a good early rate at LaQuinta that I can't bring myself to spend the extra $$ to be 10 minutes closer.

13. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Updated

14. Jedi_Master_Kat

Jedi_Master_Kat Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2002
    Umm. . . My house in Kissimmee.

However, I've lived in the area and worked in the hospitality industry here for over 5 years so I'd be happy to answer any questions.

Kat

15. shakes116

Mar 28, 2009
    We officially changed our reservations to the Hampton Inn...so

Shakes116 and Mr. Shakes116 @ Hampton Inn from the 11th-15th

16. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    I don't know the area, but based on what I can see on my trusty map (link above), I think you'll be happy with your closer location. There will be a fair number of us walking in from that area each day.

17. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Updated

18. shakes116

Mar 28, 2009
    I'm pretty happy with it. I looked at a bunch of different maps (your's helped tremendously!) and reviews to get an idea of the distance, and the reviews of the hotel. I really wanted to be around other fans too....not just tourists :p I think that being around fans will help the whole convention experience...which is what I want! So, I'm excited. :D

19. jonboy

jonboy Jedi Knight

Mar 30, 2010
    staying at the WESTIN IMAGINE it looks pretty cool me thinks!

20. AnimeNut

AnimeNut Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2002
    Totally forgot to post about my hotel change, which was made months ago...

I was previously booked at Westin Imagine, but have since changed it to Rosen Centre Hotel.

21. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Hello Friends,

Can you add me to the Peabody list please? TYVM!

Huggles!

22. Zepherous

Zepherous Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2010
    Caribe Royale Villas - Zepherous

Always stay there in Orlando.

23. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I will be at the Days Inn. Not as close as some, but still within walking distance to the Convention Center and it has an IHOP. Jedi pancakes in the morning. :)

24. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Updated

25. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Hey Echo...Can you please add me to the Peabody with JediJustin and the Mrs. Thank you very much!

Huggles!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.