main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hotels and Accomodations

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Uilmuteiz, Feb 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_miroslav

jedi_miroslav Jedi Youngling

Feb 5, 2005
    Hi gang,

my head is swimming with all of these threads as far as hotels etc.

So I have a question (gets down on one knee), can anyone point me in the direction of finding out if a cheap hotel or motel within walking distance (or cheap cab fare) is still available for Celebration III. I don't drive so I'm at a loss here. A list of such hotels/motels would be great, I've tried looking up here but the dates are months old.

The airfare and conrate are doable, now I have to consider if the hotel/motel and transport to and from the Convention center is okay.

thanks

miroslav

2. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    can anyone point me in the direction of finding out if a cheap hotel or motel within walking distance (or cheap cab fare) is still available for Celebration III

www.indy.org is a convention & tourism site for Indianapolis. Here's the link to the Accommodations and maps pages. I think some of the maps show surrounding hotels. The accommodations page has a search function.

accommodations

maps

You should be able to find something. I doubt there is anything within walking distance but people cancel every day. Something may open up. Put your name on the waiting list with the housing bureau. If you don't object to rooming with someone else you might also keep an eye on the roommate thread.

Hope you find something.

3. JediMistressDragon

JediMistressDragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 1999
    I got my room at Courtyard Marriott by calling couple weeks ago--no waiting list, just got on. Call 317-684-2573. Just ask if anything near the convention center opened up. I did and found cheaper the volunteer block at the Hyatt (my husband volunteering in costume) and atill across the street. It doesn't hurt to try.
    Pam

4. Darth_Bootsy

Darth_Bootsy Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2004
    55 a night at the Knights inn and we are renting a speeder. Should be legit.

I need to find a "toy" dealer in Indy.

5. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Hi, my name is Phill, I'm from England. I'm coming over for the CIII event, and I'm staying in the Hilton Garden Inn from April 20th to April 25th (inclusive).

Originally, I was coming with a friend, but he has had to pull out. So, now I have a spare bed in a twin room.

So you know, I'm a guy, 32 years-old.

If anyone out there would like to share the cost of the hotel room ($140 - $150 per night, so like half of that), then PM me or drop me a line on phill dot berry at gmail dot com.

As usual, remove all spaces, us . for dot and @ for at.

Later all.

6. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005
    I'm staying in the Indy Hostel at $22 a night. It is a hostel, so they have community living (kitchen, living room, etc.) so be prepared for it.
    It's a great deal considering how I don't plan to spend much time there anyway!
    The proprieter is considering running a shuttle service to the convention center. It is about 10-15 minutes from C3.

7. darthhomeboy-G

darthhomeboy-G Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 19, 2005
    i'm at the omni hotel

8. --Azrael--

--Azrael-- Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2005
    Hello,

I've booked at travellodge at the moment. Unless I find something closer around the same price range. Anyone have any suggestions let me know Azrael@ rebelspy . net

9. Master_Byrd

Master_Byrd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    If I check out before the con ends, I'll have to find something to do with my luggage. Does the convention center have lockers?

10. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Some hotels will actually hold your luggage for you after check-out knowing that you are attending a con and lets you pick it up later.

I know the Hilton Indianapolis does this, and most nicer hotels should.

As for the lockers, I understand them to be relatively small and not likely to accomodate suitcases/bags.

11. Master_Byrd

Master_Byrd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    Oh, okay thanks...

12. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    If I remember correctly, the lockers came in 2 sizes. There were the regular sized ones and the big honkin' (technical term) ones. If you had a small duffle bag, it may fit, but I wouldn't count on getting a suitcase in there.

13. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Just wanted to let everyone know I no longer have a spare bed going. Thanks to everyone who contacted me.

14. GodofDeath

GodofDeath Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2003
    A question if I may. I booked a hotel room from the organization's reserved blocks through starwarscelebration.com when tickets first came on sale but I'd like to alter that online reservation. Can I just call up the hotel to change it or must I go through the organization to change my reservation?
    Thanks...

15. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    Can I just call up the hotel to change it or must I go through the organization to change my reservation?

According to my confirmation the hotels don't get our reservation info until after April 12th. You can modify your reservation at the housing website or you can call them at 317-684-2573.

Additional note:

I've changed my reservation again! :)

There are now some openings at the Hyatt for $133 per night and they offer complimentary internet. I was at the Westin for $149 per night and I understand they charge something like $10/day for internet. Since I need to keep in touch with work I need the internet access. I'm saving $26/day by changing hotels.

16. TK--421

TK--421 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 30, 2002
    Glad you posted that the site was taking reservations again Carolyn. The Embassy Suites finally opened up so I was able to switch from the Omni to the Embassy, which makes me really happy.

17. darthhomeboy-G

Feb 19, 2005
    we all will party, like there's no tommorrow!!

18. darthhomeboy-G

Feb 19, 2005
    HEY!!..I'M SHOCK!!!I WAS AT THE OMNI HOTEL ..NOW I'M AT THE "HYATT REGENCY DOWNTOWN"..AWESOME!!..i'm ssso glad. didn't mean to get too excited!! but iwas so shock i called....awesome!!!

19. ahawk12

ahawk12 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2002
    Just as an FYI....it seems that a lot of space is opening up. I checked on Hotel availablitly and it listed about 5 locatiosn to stay. More than I have ever got retruned. So if you got your confirmation code from ordering your C3 tickets...you might try the room blocks again. ThHey may be able to have a room for you now.!!!

20. GodofDeath

GodofDeath Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2003
    Thanks for the info CarolynNC, I'll try through the housing webiste or that phone number as soon as I can.

21. movieboy

movieboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2005
    I checked out the C3 hotel site, and they have about 7 hotels with rooms available. Come of the biggies are the Hayatt, Embassy Suites, and the Westin.

22. darthhomeboy-G

Feb 19, 2005
    Thank you oh great " CarolynNC " darling!! you're a sweetheart!! i'll join you in the force at c3

23. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I did not see this posted,But most of the hotel's have a check in time of 3pm or so..I am staying at the Best Western 1 block from the show & I called them to ask if I was OK to park in there lot since I'm coming into town around 6AM. They told me to bring in my confirmation sheet and they would give me a parking pass until I check in. :)
    No $15.00 parking fee for me.

24. TK--421

TK--421 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 30, 2002
    Just to let you guys know today is the day you can start confirming your hotel reservations according to GenCon. I just got off the phone with the Embassy Suites and mine was in the system as requested.

Here are some phone #s:

Embassy Suites
    +1-317-236-1800

Omni Severin
    +1-317-634-6664

Marriot Downtown
    +1-317-822-3500

Courtyard Marriot
    +1-317-822-3500

Hyatt
    +1-317-632-1234

The complete phone # list is on the registration page: https://resweb.passkey.com/Resweb.do?mode=welcome_ei_new&eventID=16490

25. DarthZJNC

DarthZJNC Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2005
    If anyone's interested, I have a hotel room reserved at the Embassy Suites Hotel Indianapolis Downtown from 4/22-4/25. My son has become very sick and I have to cancel my trip. I will be calling the hotel to cancel at 12:00am est. 4/20. I'm pretty sure they will let me switch it to someone else's name. I don't want any money, just would like someone to pick up 1 or 2 C3 Vader's for me and my son and mail it to me. I will pay for all your costs of the figure with case and shipping. I will not be selling it, it will be cherished by me and my son in our collection. I'm crushed that I can't go, but my son is more important to me than anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.