main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hotels and Accomodations

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Uilmuteiz, Feb 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    For people wanting to save money and don't care if they are not right next to the hotel Expedia and other places are a good place for rooms ( you usually can't book on these sites until 330 days out though). At C2 I only paid $45 a night at a Days INN. It wasn't a five star hotel by any means but I was only in the room when I was sleeping.

2. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    ..But I was only in the room when I was sleeping

Slee... what?

what's that?

3. Senator_Of_Naboo

Senator_Of_Naboo Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2002
    Last time I stayed at the Hyatt, with a couple of friends so I'm hoping that will be the case this tme around. The only thing I didn't like was that they blocked off the walkways to the celebration. It was very inconvenient for those of us in cotume with heels. :p Depsite that I had great time, so I'm looking forward to going again and this time staying for the whole thing. :)
    God Bless,
    SoN

4. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    I remember going to the Hyatt by the skywalk about 5 times during the convention SoN... or are you talking at the opening of the doors?

5. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    At CII I stayed out in the sticks to save money...not this time....I have been saving since January of LAST year so I can stay right near the Convention Center and walk to everything....

Also...I called a couple hotels in Indy direct...and you can't get any of the hotel rooms near the convention center yet....

From dealing with setting up another convention, most hotels will not book more than 50 weeks in advance...so reservations would not be available till May.....also....most of the rooms in the hotels near the Convention Center have been blocked by Gen Con...so that you will have to probably make reservations through Gen Con....

6. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    Actually, it will be trough the Star Wars Housing Bureau.

Gen-Con's jurisdiction only begins at the ICC door. and even then.. I'm not too sure how much jursidiction they'll have.

7. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Actually, I was wondering about the catwalk comment myself, Uilmuteiz. I stayed at the Hyatt and never had any trouble coming or going. 'Course, I left the hotel about 5 in the morning and get back about 6 at night....

I think I walked back to the room a couple times during the day, but I'm not even sure about that. Maybe they closed it at certain "busy" times or something?

8. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    what times did the convention start up and close down during the day?

9. hofie

hofie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2002
    That line outside is gonna get so long so fast this time around. I shudder to think how soon ppl are gonna get out there. I'll bet people will leave when it closes and then get right back in line. We're all nuts :)

10. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    copyright Sebulba-X

Celebration II
    Friday, May 3rd - 10 AM - 8 PM
    Saturday, May 4th - 9 AM - 8 PM
    Sunday, May 5th - 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Edit: yeah I'm just using my room to safekeep my stuff and sleep in on sunday night.

Other than that I'm sleeping right under the skywalk :D

no I think there's gonna be some sort of security to make sure that doesn't happen.

11. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    Ah when there is a will there is a way to get past security [face_plain] ;)

12. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    *waving hand*

You are looking the other way

- No I'm not

*Waving hand with ben franklin folded in two*

You ARE looking the other way

- Yeah ok, go with the other ones inside..

*sees a line of 300 fans already lining up inside ICC

:eek:

13. hofie

hofie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2002
    The concert was later than that on Saturday, right? Didn't it start at 8?

14. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    sometimes around that...

these are just the Actual daily activities.

On friday and saturday you could also watch the movies in one of the rooms.

These were just official Con hours when you could walk all over the place.

15. JediMasterRainer

JediMasterRainer Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 1999
    For CII, my husband and I flew in, rented a car, and stayed at the Motel 6 near the airport. We parked each day for about $5 at the lot behind the RCA Dome. The bad thing about the parking lot was that we had to be out by midnight--that was a bit tight on the night of the concert! For what we ended up spending each day, it would have been much better to have stayed at a closer hotel!
    This time we want to stay within walking distance. We celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary in 2005, so we have dropped tons of hints to our six children than we would love to receive CIII accomodations as a gift!

16. Senator_Of_Naboo

Senator_Of_Naboo Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2002
    Hi,
    Well, I asked my brother about it and he told me when he and my friend Rob went to the walkway around 8am the walkway was closed off. Well, as you said if there is a will then there is a way, so I think I will use a little of the force next time around. ;)
    God Bless,
    SoN

17. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    i was in line outside since 6 am on saturday and sunday of celebration 2 and there was still a decent line

18. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    I stayed at the Comfort Inn on Capitol Street for C2...I plan to do the same for C3. It was just a few blocks' walk from the CC, and had excellent accomodations and service.

Anxious to see some of you there! :)

19. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    Hey there fellow Star Wars fans!! I just wanted to know...I am going to Celebration 3. And I want to be fairly close to the action, within walking distance. However, I know about the 3 major hotels that are linked to the ICC. But I want to get a good price on a room. Can someone tell me about the "Star Wars housing bureau", and how I can contact them. I don't want to be out of the loop when it comes to accomodations. Thanks for any help you can give me!

20. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    VaderFanForever, that information isn't available yet. When the housing bureau opens, the information will be widely disseminated.

21. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    End of the summer when tickets go on sale...I'm sure I've already posted that.

22. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Sebulba-X. I'm sorry. I am new to this forum thing!! Just so I know, tickets/hotel will go on sale together? Also, will I be able to purchase single event tickets online? Or how is that working? Again, I am sorry!

23. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    So Sebulba-X, and Valedakor...in your opinion, would it be better to wait until the housing bureau opens, or should I get my hotel room as soon as they become avaiable...in about 6 weeks?? What would you suggest?

24. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Rather than copying/pasting my answer, just reread this thread for my opinions on what people should do reservation wise.

25. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    i have a picture of the insdie of the hotel i want to stay at. is there anyon ethat remembers a glass elevator in a hotel right by the center. ? i would like to emai the picture to you so i can find the hotel name :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.