main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hotels and Accomodations

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Uilmuteiz, Feb 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krwade3

krwade3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
    Of course what you say is right, but there will most likely never be another show proceded by a NEW Star Wars Movie.

2. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Oh I think we can most likely stop dreaming about it :(

as for your question Starkiller, I'll get back to you about it.

3. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    My guess is that the Room Block will first be opened to the Fan Club and HyperSpace members
    That would be a very good way to reward the fans who subscribed to Hyperspace. While people like to focus on how much money Lucasfilm "takes" from the fans, this would be a chance for them to give something to those fans that support the financial investment that is the Star Wars franchise.

Any new developments regarding "group evet rates" or anything related to Celebration III?

4. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    * Points up to the unchanged Latest News *

5. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    Do you think the hold on joining or rejoining the Fan Club is a factor of not having too many people available to request tickets and rooms for Celebration 3?

6. raine1215

raine1215 Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2004
    We stayed at the Econo Lodge about a mile and a half from the convention center at CII. We weren't lucky enough to get a room any closer than that. We took a taxi to the convention center. Econo Lodge was nice, but this time I want to be able to stay within walking distance. I think the hold on joining the fan club is only until they make the changes they mentioned on the site. I sure hope so as I need to renew my membership.

7. darth-rasar

darth-rasar Jedi Youngling

Feb 6, 2004
    i to have to renew. so i hope whatevers going on dont take long.

another ?- if they are lines to get in early (or faster) with membership would i have to buy my wife a membership or would she be able to get in together with mine.

8. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Early Passes were only for one person, and were only issued on a "1 per fan club member" basis. I had to be in a different line form the rest of my family because of that.

9. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    Hello people! I just got off the phone with Gen-Con...great people! I asked the woman about booking my hotel room. She told me that they will be talking to Lucasfilm within the next week or so to work everything out, and should have all the info about hotel and tickets posted on the Starwarscelebration.com and Gen-Con sites within the next month or so. I'm sure this is old news to those "in the loop", but I thought I'd share it anyway.

10. sethasaurus

sethasaurus Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2004
    Hello People...My 1st post here. I just wanted to chime in and let you all know that you should not wait till a year out like most Hotels have either stated on their website, or what they said a month ago.

I called several of these hotels last week (3/25/04) and 3 of them (Westin & Comfort Suites, sorry can't remember the 3rd) are already booked. I did however book @ the Comfort Inn (1 1/2 blocks away from the Convention Center....$150.00 per night for 6 people). I left it at that and did not bother to see who else was available. I can tell you that a couple of these Hotel People told me that they are aware of the Convention and that is one reason for opening up the books a little early.

You need to call the Hotel Directly. If you call a 800# you will be speaking with a "Generalized" Customer Rep. that is probably sitting in New Jersey.

Those "Year Out" quotes are just an overall guideline and not a "Rule" (so-to-speak).

I would not hesitate to do everything you can to book NOW!!!

Think about it this way, C2 brought approx. 27,000 Fans into Indy. There are approx. 21,000 Hotel rooms in & around that City. I'm sure this will be a much Grander Stage.

I hope this helps out anyone who may need to find a place tobook at....

See ya at the Show.....

11. LukeCeremonial22569

LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 23, 2002
    I have not read all the post on this stuff but I have called the Marroit downtown in Indy and was told you can not make a resv. for the event till next month in May they take them 50 weeks prior to the date of the stay. They did tell me that the suite my friends and I are loking at will cost us roughly $350 a nite and will sleep 5 or 6 of us nice. They also said that would bring up extra beds for us for $20 bucks extra a nite person that needs one.

This is where we are planning on staying for 6 days, the day before the events starts we are checking in and leaving on the day after its over.

If anyone has made a resv. at the Marriot please post it or send me a message on here to me, thank you.

12. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Think about it this way, C2 brought approx. 27,000 Fans into Indy. There are approx. 21,000 Hotel rooms in & around that City. I'm sure this will be a much Grander Stage.

Well assuming Double-Occupancy for most rooms that isn't a problem and it is more than enough rooms.

I called several of these hotels last week (3/25/04) and 3 of them (Westin & Comfort Suites, sorry can't remember the 3rd) are already booked.

No they're not....Not exactly anyways.

The Westin at the very least probably has a room block for CIII (like they did for CII) these rooms won't be released until the Official site, Official CIII site, or the Fan Club start taking reservations. If you read earlier posts you will see that this is probably the case. My wife is a Reservation Manger at a hotel and she makes room blocks all the time. The rooms are usually given to people when they call and say they are with such and such group or in the case of CIII the rooms are booked through the Orginizers directly (at least that is how it was done for CII) For CII I booked my room a mere 3 months in advance. It was within a few miles of the Convention center and I paid less for my Hotel than I did for my admission and Anniversay Concert tickets. In other words: There will enough rooms and it is not something to worry about.

13. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Well, I just got a Deathstar sized monkey off my back...I got my room booked!! I'm, in at the Adams Mark Downtown!! I will be only a block and a half from the action! I will be wearing my Vader suit on the street!! I can't wait!!! The best part is... it will cost me $129 per night!! VERY good price!!

14. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    I just booked our room for CIII at the Embassy. Feels like the weight of the world has been lifted of my shoulders. :)

And for those of you that are planning to try and book a room at the Westin. Forget it. I called them on 4/24 and the told me that all 573 of ther rooms went to GenCon. :( I think they did the same at the Hyatt to because when you try and book a room there they say that all 497 rooms are sold out. :(

This is sad for those of us that tried to get as close to the Convention Center as we could only to be told you had to be a member of the fan club or GenCon to stay there. 1070 rooms that never went on sale to the public. :(

15. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    its not right for them to just sit on all those rooms.

16. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    I just got my room booked at the ADams Mark hotle!!!
    $130 for the night . Gen Con does have the rooms book,so ask for the Gen Con rate .Reg cost is $235.00 a night!

17. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    Just a reminder to people, if you are a AAA member, check and see if you can get a discount!! I saved so much money on my hotel room with that card.

18. anthonymaul

Mar 22, 2004
    what is the number to the adams mark hotel?

19. Mike-J

Mike-J Jedi Master

Jun 18, 2003
    I just called the Adams Mark, they are no longer taking reservations directly, she referred me to housing. I called them and was told they are not handling that event.

20. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    echo-3...I will be at the Adams Mark Hotel also!!! Sweet!! There will be someone from this board staying at the same place I am!! Are you bringing a costume? And if so, what? I am bringing my Darth Vader costume!! This is so cool! Send a private message to me tell me about yourself!! We could hook up when we get to Indy!!!! Take care

21. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    echo-3...also, just in case you did't know, the Adams Mark is only a block and a half from the ICC!! It is within walking distance!!!! YEEE HAAA!!!!

22. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    I know Indy pretty well.
    I just called them Yesterday and made the reservation.
    Try again because I think it matters who you talk to. If the operator dosent want to try and help you,THEY WONT.
    #317-972-0600
    Ask for the GEN CON,LLC rate.
    Hope this helps, & I dont at the present have a costume. :)

23. anthonymaul

Mar 22, 2004
    they gave me the gen con website add.

24. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    That odd.
    Try this number. Its the one I called.
    314-444-2326
    Best of luck!

25. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    The Indianapolis Area code is 317, so you might check to make sure you have the right number there or if it's just a typo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.