main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hotels and Accomodations

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Uilmuteiz, Feb 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    dang! wish i could have seen this before i booked mine at the hilton and by the way folks - most hotels are charging at least $12 for parking (and more for "valet") per day in addition to the hotel cost - and getting so excited that at work i'm repeatedly keying in VADERWEERT instead of Vanderweert for a probation officer - no one understands

2. hofie

hofie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2002
    hey, lovelucas, how were you able to get a room at the hilton? it said the market st one wasn't available for the weekend.

3. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    Parking costs won't be an issue since I'll be so relatively close to everything, thus eliminating the need for driving.

4. lovelucas

Mar 19, 2004
    so. . . . you're flying in and won't be accumulating a haul of goodies to take back home?

5. -_-_-_-_-_-

Apr 28, 2002
    No, I'll most likely be driving there but in theory I'll have to pay to park once (When I get there) and won't plan on going anywhere in the car until I leave Sunday morning.

6. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Can anyone give us a status report on the hotels? Anyone know any numbers?

7. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    All the hotels have websites with phone numbers.

Since someone asked me earlier...here's the Marriott's toll free number: 1-800-228-9290
    Or you can call 1 of the 4 downtown Marriott's directly with these:
    Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol 317-684-7733
    Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal 317-822-0840
    Indianapolis Marriott Downtown 317-822-3500
    Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown 1 317-635-4443

Here's a map, plug in a hotel name in whatever search engine and you'll find the numbers that you desire...except for this Saturday's $140 Million Powerball numbers, which I will obtain a bit later today. ;)

---------

Most hotels will have parking for guests, it may or may not be included in your room rate, just sorta depends. If you're staying outside of downtown, driving in and out each day, then I'd suggest parking at the Circle Centre Mall, which should be less than $5 a day.

8. lovelucas

Mar 19, 2004
    hey hoffie! i spent several hours on the net surfing last night- trying to find all hotels within walking distance to the dome/rca center etc. only the radisson at $200 a night plus the aforementioned bargain rate at days inn were open - just for the heck of it i checked the downtown hilton even tho it wasn't listed on the original site - ummm- i could forward you the site i used as a p.m.? p.s. it made a difference in the cost if you stayed a # of days - i booked from wednesday the 20th to the check out date of sunday the 24th

9. hofie

Jun 12, 2002
    thanks, lovelucas, but I think I'm gonna stick with the embassy room I've got for now. I'm hoping I can find more people to split the room cost, plus I can never pass up free meals. I was just interested as to how you got it w/o it being online :)

10. TK--421

TK--421 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 30, 2002
    I'm going to wait for the official rooms with the convention discount. I was in the Embassy Suites in 2002 and it was $139 a night through the fan club, so I'd rather wait and save the money.

11. hofie

Jun 12, 2002
    I figured I'd just get the room now and then cancel it if something better comes along thru the fan club. I know there'll be plenty of rooms, but having something as a backup already sets my mind at ease :)

12. -_-_-_-_-_-

Apr 28, 2002
    I'm going to wait for the official rooms with the convention discount. I was in the Embassy Suites last year and it was $139 a night through the fan club, so I'd rather wait and save the money.

$139 a night? That cheap huh? I am going to be paying $180 a night for my room, but hopefully the fan club can get a good deal like the one you mentioned.

13. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    I checked the link about reservations at the conventions one below yesterday and those hotels such as embassy and Westin, Marriott said they were all booked. I did not call each of them but did call Mariott and they were full. There are a lot of blocked off rooms in those hotels by Lucas and others. Did you make your reservation at Embassy just yesterday or earlier? I made a reservation at Hampton Inn just in case but will cancel if I can get better as a club member.

14. hofie

Jun 12, 2002
    I made my Embassy Suites reservation this morning. They're a Hilton hotel, so I called their reservation number-- 1-800-445-8667-- and got a room for that weekend just fine. They said the rates might change once the convention information is in, but I can check back and change them whenever.

15. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    I called the Courtyard by Marriott and the Crowne Plaza on Friday....and e-mailed them....both of them said that they would not be taking reservations for the April CIII dates until the second week of May...

I will try again the end of this week.....

some of the hotels MAY be showing a booked status because the organizers of CIII have blocked out a number of rooms at all of the closest hotels....

16. CreatureCreator

CreatureCreator Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 31, 2001
    I reserved a room at the Downtown Marriott yesterday. The rooms were not available Saturday but were on Sunday. They release them weekly. Got it Wednesday night thru Saturday night.

$219/night for Wednesday and Thursday night and then $229/night for Friday and Saturday night.

Hopefully can get the convention room rate when they go up in September.

Dan

17. jedihoyt79

jedihoyt79 Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2004
    Just wanted to confirm that the marriott downtown did start taking resv. sunday morning. What a huge monkey off my back.

18. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Man I am so glad :) I got my rooms for the weekend at the Adams Mark for ony $137.00 a night. Its only a 5 min walk from the action. :>

19. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Touchdown!!!

We are 12 people from Sweden, Germany and the UK who now have a room at the Hampton Inn, I think it was that at least.

20. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    sith__chick and i reserved 18 rooms for the RMFF last week . i called 7 hotels that are connected to the rca dome . 4 of them were booked and the other 3 wouldnt book for 2 more weeks . we finely got rooms at the embasy suites . i am pannicing that the gen con rooms will go fast .

21. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    from the online chat with Steve Sansweet back in January:

Hi there Steve. How soon will i need to make hotel reservations and is there a lot of hotels in the area of celebration III.

Discount hotel rooms will go on sale around the same time as we do online ticketing in late summer. We have many hotel rooms blocked and I would strongly suggest waiting until the discounted rooms are posted to make your reservation. Indianapolis is a convention city, and there will be more than enough hotel rooms for everyone who wants one.

"Online ordering for admission to the event and for discounted hotel rooms is scheduled to begin late this summer."

It just surprises me that people are rushing to get their reservations for CIII already. ?[face_plain] I just hope you guys who can't wait to get their reservations made don't end up paying top rates for those rooms. If you don't get a room now, don't worry. As Steve Sansweet stated, there will be plenty of rooms available via the Fan Club come the end of the summer as they promised there would be. There were plenty available the first month or two immediately adjacent to the RCA dome convention center that were made available through the Fan Club for C2. The Westin is booked now ONLY because the Fan Club has the available rooms for those dates blocked off.

CHEERS! :)

22. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    I just made back-up reservations at the Comfort Inn. $200.00 a room per night :(

I'm really hoping to get the discounted rates though the fan club.

23. -_-_-_-_-_-

Apr 28, 2002
    I can understand $200+ for rooms in the Marriott and Embassy Suites but the Comfort Inn? That is outrageous.

24. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I think many of us who book rooms now just want to have a back up, and are prepared to change if we get a better deal later on. And then there are of course those of us who aren't members of the fanclub, and with this new deal it doesn't exactly have many perks for the international members.

25. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    I know that the Westin and the Hyatt are booked by the fan club. That is 1080 rooms right there. Now I do not know of any other place held by the fan club. But at the rate the rooms are being book now how long do the think that 1080 rooms will last? And remember they are estemating more people at CIII that CIII.

I would rather pay top dollar than having to sleep in my car. I'm staying at the Embassy and the 360 rooms that they have where book in under 10 days. So when the Hotels that the fan club is holding go on sale how fast are they going to go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.