main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

HOTELS - CVII

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by nnaydolem, Dec 19, 2014.

1. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    hello,
    I am starting an official thread. I have rooms reserved for celebration VII. Rooms must be assigned names by 03/09/2015 or risk losing them. Here are the hotels currently available.
    *****PLEASE NOTE - Even if you have submitted for a room and have your name, PLEASE confirm you have two names on your reservations. If you have any questions you may call concerning your reservation. (see below)

Please let me know if you are interested. Otherwise I will drop the rooms. Thanks!!

Phone: (866) 385-4836 (M-F, 8AM - 5PM CT)
    Email: starwarscelebration@onpeak.com

2. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    OK....I have been mostly absent....do we have an "official hotel"? I would be interested in a room Mel, thanks for reserving.

nnaydolem likes this.
  3. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    ha...I guess I just made a decision to go to the Celebration :D

4. Sandtrooper92

Sandtrooper92 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 31, 2013
    I still might attend, but have to fly from a meeting in New Orleans. Need to decide if I'll tote surfboards as well.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

5. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I "think" it's the Hilton at this point.

6. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    Just FYI,
    Gretchen and I are staying at the Marriott from Wednesday to Monday. (the 15th to the 20th)

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  7. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Also already have my reservations at the Marriott. I believe DWRD is also at the Marriott.

8. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008

:cool:

9. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
  10. pagil m'gar

pagil m'gar Jedi Master

Oct 9, 2014
    If there is one available I would be interested in a room at the Marriott

Pat.

11. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I was dreaming last night that I was trying to decide whether to go to CVII or not, but it was something like a day or two before the con was starting. I guess that's my subconscious' way of telling me it is time to make a decision!

At this point I'm considering going for most of the con but not quite all. I'd like to cut down on vacation day use, so what I might do is skip the first day (what ever happens first day, anyway?) and fly in Thurs afternoon/evening. That way I could go to work Thurs morning, work through lunch and head straight to the airport.

cyodarun, he-guy and DieWompRatDie like this.
  12. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
  13. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Glad you can make it, Taeriel :)

14. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    [QUOTE="Taeriel]…(what ever happens first day, anyway?)…[/QUOTE]

At CVI, Ian McDiarmid's panel, Kevin Smith's show and the TFN party were all Thursday night, but I can't really remember any groundbreaking events happening during the day.
    If history repeats itself, your best chance at seeing GL or being on hand for a big reveal or announcement would be Friday to Sunday.

15. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Thanks! I remember going to the TFN party and Kevin Smith show, but didn't remember what night they were.

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  16. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Hey, so do we have a separate thread for other aspects of CVII planning, or is it all happening right here? I see one for CVII news, but I'm thinking more along the lines of travel plans, etc.

17. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Southwest is having a sale at the moment, and dates include the travel time for CVII. Prices aren't too bad, though of course it depends on how flexible your travel times are.

Looking at their schedule my location, I'm considering flying in Thurs afternoon (3:40) and out Sun evening (9:10). That way I can go to work Thurs morning, and be back (late) to get some sleep before work Mon morning.

18. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

We're flying in and out on Southwest. Into LAX on Saturday and out of Orange County airport on Monday for $340 for two people. We're making it a full on vacation by doing LA tourist stuff before (and probably Disneyland) and then heading out Monday morning. I've done the Sunday nigh thing and having a night to relax and recover is invaluable for me.

I don't think there's a separate Celebration Anaheim (it's not called CVII contrary to the title of this thread) so feel free to start one, Taeriel. :)

19. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Wait - do you mean we don't have a separate thread, or that I have the name of the convention wrong?

20. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

We don't have a separate thread for planning for Celebration Anaheim, so starting one would be great.

Calling the convention CVII was what fans called it and what they originally called it. However, just like the movies, they're going away from numbering schemes. Probably since they felt bad about not including non-US Celebrations in the numbering (i.e. Japan, Europe, etc) they're going for a name-of-the-city naming scheme now.

21. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    yeah welllllllll we all know that is it CVII...

22. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    That makes no sense. What happens when they have another Celebration in the same location at a later date? How will they differentiate?

he-guy and nnaydolem like this.
  23. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Celebration Anaheim Strikes Back!!

ladyblues likes this.
  24. ladyblues

ladyblues Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 18, 2013
    I have one extra room under my name at the Hilton which I will let go of before March 9. If anyone wants it, let me know.

Note that the rates quoted are for double occupancy. Technically, triple occupancy and quadruple occupancy are more. At Hilton, it's $119 for 3 ppl, $139 for 4 ppl.

25. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Ok looks like we are staying at the Marriott...i have FOUR rooms that are unassigned. Please PM me if you would like one. Thanks!