main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

HOTELS - CVII

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by nnaydolem, Dec 19, 2014.

1. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    BUMPITY bump bump bump!!!

2. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    The marriott and the hilton are the two right next to the convention center, correct? Do you know if there is much difference between the two?

3. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    They are the same price, and from the photos the rooms look identical.

4. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008

Yep. And nope.

5. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    my neighbor who is awesome...she just found this.

I just wanted to let you know that I was reading the hotel reviews on Tripadvisor, and some guy said he found bedbugs in his room at the Hilton a few days ago. Apparently the hotel "heat treated" his belongings to kill the critters (eww). Other than that the reviews praised the hotel's cleanliness for the most part. I did not see any bedbug reviews for the Marriott, but I admit that I did not read them all. I am totally skeeved out by the idea of bedbugs, so I wanted to pass on what I read, just in case!

6. jedijaysin

jedijaysin Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 15, 2011
    I am going to stay at the Marriot!

7. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
  8. ladyblues

ladyblues Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 18, 2013
    We're staying at the Hilton because the walk to the con front door looks slightly shorter, and that's going to be a big ole deal for me. If anyone knows differently, plz do let me know! Sounds like more people here are at Marriott, and I do generally prefer no bedbugs! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Well that's reassuring. There were a few places that had cockroaches mentioned in their reviews, but it looks like my hotel has not had bed bugs reported there.

10. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Bed bug report looks to be a year ago at the Hilton, so I think everyone is safe.

11. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    I would be more worried about mumps or measles or whatever was getting passed around at Disney :p

12. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Good point there! I haven't followed the news closely but my impression is that the situation has calmed down a bit. Or rather, isn't so concentrated right around that location anymore. It spread up here a while back, and I still hear news about exposure to someone contagious on BART and such. So equal exposure chance there or here!

13. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    I'm guessing most of you are vaccinated. :p

14. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I honestly don't know how many MMR shots I've had. When I joined the military, they didn't have all my shot records, so I got to do ALL of the basic ones all over again. I think that was 3 MMR shots on top of whatever I got as a kid.

15. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I was certainly vaccinated as a kid. I assume that is all I need for these.

16. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Almost everyone who got sick at Disney hadn't been vaccinated. Occasionally there's a person where the vax doesn't "take" (there's an actual term for it -- it has something to do with some substance they don't have in their system), but it's relatively rare. We're all old enough that I'd say everyone's pretty safe. It wasn't all that easy to get out of the MMR and other vax requirements for school back in the day, and if you had a medical exemption, you'd know.

17. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    I'm 99% sure I"m staying at Marriott but I'm pretty sure I've told a few of you Hilton???? I don't know if I'm coming or going :( I do know I will be GOING to LA soon, getting very excited.

he-guy and nnaydolem like this.
  18. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    YES you are staying at the Marriott! :)

19. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    S__C, you could do what I did one of the previous Celebrations... get in super late at night, and then go to the wrong hotel! That was super fun.

20. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    As Obiwan says, it depends on your point of view. From your POV you are going to LA. From my point of view you are coming to Calif! So it's no wonder the coming vs going thing is confusing! :p

SITH__CHICK and nnaydolem like this.
  21. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Taeriel, I do not want to go to the wrong hotel. I haven't even looked at the schedule, I feel like I'm playing it by ear.

he-guy and nnaydolem like this.