main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC17 Hotels in Orlando

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , Jul 20, 2016.

1. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    We all know that the hotels were released ahead of the tickets and the best ones were filled up fast. Well, today I managed to get a room at the Rosen Centre for the whole period through an ordinary booking site (amoma.com), they claimed that it was the last room though, but it's worth checking out if some of the lesser known booking sites still have rooms available.

2. Neverx

Neverx Jedi Padawan

Nov 28, 2014
    I still need to get a hotel, i'm hoping either the Hyatt or Rosen centre opens up a bit.

3. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    You really have to check every day. When I was looking a couple months ago it was changing every day until I finally found the place I wanted with the days I wanted. I imagine as it gets closer people will decide or realize they can't go and cancel their hotel reservations. What makes it tough is that hotels don't require payment right away, so literally up until days before the event somebody can cancel with no consequences. Still though, if you have the time, just check every day or as often as you can. Don't settle, keep checking, it's best to have a hotel within walking distance.

4. sandra

sandra Jedi Knight

Sep 18, 2008
    I am not staying at a big name hotel. I will be staying at the EconoLodge at 7102 International Dr. 3days for $ 233.00. I went to Booking. com . Nice clean hotel, walking distance to convention center. Lots of restaurants close by the hotel. This will be my 8th convention missed the first one. Hope we can meet up. MTFBWY[face_love] [:D]

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I didn't go with anything lavish this time around. I booked at the Red Roof Inn for the week, which is adjacent to the convention center (behind the Rosen Centre). As long as I have a place to sleep and shower, that's all that matters to me.

Hitchhiking-Ghost and Padme501st like this.
  6. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Anyone stayed at the Hawthorne Suites before? It doesn't look too bad online and the reviews are like 3 stars. Is it walking distance or am I tied to shuttles? I am driving but don't really want to drive if I don't have to.

7. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    To people asking about waking distance.
    This was the main entrance for the previous two Celebrations in Orlando.
    I suggest you go to Google Earth and measure the distance to your hotel, because it's really only yourself who can decide how long you want to walk in Florida heat.
    [​IMG]

Dewback likes this.
  8. GermanBoba

GermanBoba Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2016
    Hello everyone! This is my first post within this forum. I just returned from London Celebration, my 2nd one after CE in Essen three years ago. I hope everyone who was able to attend had a great time just like me:)
    First off thanks for the great ideas and info that I was able to gather here in preparation of the CE since the official channels were lacking here and there.
    As I just booked my hotel room for Orlando, I wanted to share my view of the situation.
    By chance yesterday I happened to go to booking.com and look at the hotel availability situation around the Orange County Convention Centre, and lucky me, The Rosen Plaza has opened up a bunch of available rooms. I pay 656 $ for 4 days (I arrive wednesday since its a 14 hr flight from Germany). Yet the most comfortable thing probably is the skywalk which leads from the Hotel directly to the Western Entrance. For wristband queueing and dropping off swag & stuff in between panels this is perhaps the easiest and most convenient way to experience this con. In London I took a similar approach, when staying at an IBIS hotel directly opposite the ExCel Centre, avoiding early morning commutes. After getting the wristbands I could easily return to the room or have breakfast and prepare for the day. Hopefully I can help a few get a room there or decide to rethink their bookings. Looking forward to April! :)

Chewies_bandolier likes this.
  9. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    Just came here to say that with the free cancellation policy of most online hotel bookings so far, I have managed to move myself from across the expressway to a hotel up drive and now finally (i guess) to the Rosen Plaza - it seems that it is worth checking the sites from time to time for cancellations!

10. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Just yesterday I randomly checked the availability of hotels on the Celebration website and saw a room in one of the higher end hotels with all dates available for the week. Checked again today, two days are now blocked out.

11. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I'm pretty sure that rooms are going to open up, and disappear all the time, there are stil a long time to go and people will have to change their plans. I've also heard from several people that they have found better deals through the hotels themselves, or regular booking sites, than what on-peak offers. It's definitely worth checking around. I have already done a downpayment on my room so I'm stuck where I am, but it's the Rosen Centre, and I was prepared to pay more for it than what I found in the end.

12. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    SO if I play the hotel hopping game what is the ideal hotel for the convention? Closest I guess so if I wanted to leave part way thru the day to change or whatever.

13. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006

Either the Rosen Centre, the Hyatt Regency or the Rosen Inn Plaza; then maybe the Hilton Orlando

14. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I wonder how much parking is for the con? Because I have a king bed with a pullout couch at my current place. Really don't want to downgrade at the Rosen Plaza. The Regency has nothing left.

15. TK--421

TK--421 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 30, 2002
    https://www.occc.net/attendee/Parking.asp

The fee for parking at the OCCC is $15.00 per car per entry and $25.00 for oversized vehicles, i.e. buses, per entry.

16. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Also don't over-estimate the distances. Although it may look a good distance away on google maps, it might really only be a 10-20 minute walk, which is perfectly fine. That could broaden your options a bit rather than thinking it absolutely has to be right next to the convention center. The whole area of a few mile radius will be condensed with Star Wars fans so it will all feel the same and you'll be right in the thick of it no matter where you end up.

Just don't make the mistake of getting a hotel that is a good distance away and will require you to shuttle it back and forth and would take you away from the whole thing.

17. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I booked at the Rosen Plaza this morning as a back up. I really don't want to walk far from the Hawthorn Suites in my Snowtrooper Armor. The double bed thing at Rosen Plaza really sucks though. Having to share a bed with my kid and not my wife is the worst. My son is a bed hog. We did that at Disney and I barely slept all week.

18. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    OK so my wife wants to know if the rooms at the Rosen Plaza at least have a fridge? She was looking forward to having the kitchenette at the other hotel. Anyone know if they do? Tried calling but it's too late.

19. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Good choice. I'm at the Rosen Inn right by there.

As for the fridge, you might be able to call them and have them add it if it is not already provided.

20. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Looks like the Rosen Plaza is all booked up now. Got in just in time.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  21. IoJovi

IoJovi Jedi Master star 2

Feb 8, 2016
    I just wanted to throw out there that Vista Cay is a vacation rental community specializing in 2 to 4 bedroom condos for rent, and you can get them for as low as $150 per night. If you have three or more people in your group it's far cheaper than a hotel if you split it between individuals. From what I understand, it's only a 15 minute walk to the convention center.

If you go to VRBO.com and search for it, there's tons still available. I'll be staying there with a group of friends and wanted to share this bit of info if people aren't aware.

22. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    My brother and I are planning on going to Celebration and I'm curious about hotels. Does the official Celebration site offer booking of hotels, or recommended hotels? I see they are still showing Celebration London hotel booking, do they have Orlando? What site should I go to, and what hotel should I look into? My first time going to a convention of any sort.

23. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    Yes, SWCO does offer hotels, if you go to www.starwarscelebration.co./Orlando/hotel you can all of the available hotels there. If the hotel you want is not available you can check back later as rooms may open up between now and then.

24. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    How far would the walk be to the convention center from Rosen Inn? I'm not good with Google Maps lol, especially on my tablet.

I went to their official site (Rosen's) and got 5 nights, yet SWCO's site says they're booked. Is it different among other sites? Thinking of going with this hotel.

25. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    .7 miles according to Google maps.