main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC17 Hotels in Orlando

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , Jul 20, 2016.

1. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    The celebration site hasn't booked all room in the hotels, so it's worth checking other booking sites as well.

2. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
  3. dante144

dante144 Jedi Master star 1

May 26, 2005
    FYI, Rosen Center, Rosen Plaza and the Hyatt Regency (I-Drive) are the closest hotels to the venue. Hyatt Regency does have fridges (Just stayed there in May). Booked a room there again for Celebration.

4. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Most of those hotels are fully booked now too.

5. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    If anyone has a cancelation, I'd be interested in knowing.

6. lukerbl

lukerbl Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2016
    I've booked the Hilton Doubletree at SeaWorld. 15-20 minute walk away from the venue.

7. Kettchs_Girl

Kettchs_Girl Jedi Master star 1

Mar 22, 2004
    Just booked the Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando Wednesday through Monday on the convention site. Someone on TripAdvisor said it's a 12 minute walk. Plus there's the option of a shuttle if it's raining/I'm feeling lazy. I'm still going to keep checking for one of the closer hotels, but I'm not sure a few minutes walk is worth the extra cost to me. Except maybe the Red Roof Inn, which is the same price, but is completely booked Friday night.

8. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Does anyone know what entrance they use for this thing? I'm gonna use that to help me determine which of these hotel reservations to use.

9. TK--421

TK--421 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 30, 2002

10. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Is anyone able to access the OnPeak site for hotels? I get a grey screen.

11. Echosen

Echosen Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2017
    It says the events over and line closed.

12. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    If anyone decides to cancel or not use a reservation at the Rosen Plaza Wednesday to Monday let me know. A friend is looking for a room there.

13. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Has anyone used www.cancelon.com before? Wasn't sure if it was a Sam or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Echosen

Feb 1, 2017
    Never heard of it. I always use hotels.com their stay 10 nights ft get 1 free is a nice perk, plus they just sent me a coupon giving me up to 3 double reward nights. So I rebooked my hotel again and canceled my original res. It would be nice staying closer(1.6 miles away), but i booked at la sonesta because of the suites, and save some $ from getting my son his own room.

15. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    anyone know how far a walk the Hilton is to the con?

16. TK--421

Jun 30, 2002
    Blue is the longer but covered skywalk method, red is the direct uncovered street method. Between 5-10 mins.

[​IMG]

Xinau likes this.
  17. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Lots of hotels just opened up on on peak today FYI. And I mean a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. TK--421

Jun 30, 2002
    Good catch, today is the 30 day authorization hold being put on people's credit cards to hold the room. This must mean a lot of rejections came up.

19. atmicwedgy

atmicwedgy Jedi Knight

May 26, 2007
    Ah, they are only available from the OnPeak site! That was the part I've been missing this whole time (hotel websites aren't showing any availability). Thanks for the heads up!

20. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    No problem. I've been stalking that site for weeks trying to get a better hotel. I moved my reservation to the Hilton a few days ago. The lazy river and pool look killer.

21. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    I went with AirBNB and got a nice place for $85 a night. I'm seeing family in the Sarasota area, so I'm renting a car and I figured that parking it (and most likely not using it) at almost any of the nearby hotels during the week would be a waste of money.

22. Husker88

Husker88 Jedi Padawan

Dec 18, 2015
    Have you ever used airbnb before? I've thought about using it, but I never have before. I'm not sure if I should grab a room or rent an entire place. Thoughts from anyone?

23. Echosen

Feb 1, 2017
    Yes, i use Airbnb many times. All times have went well.I switch between airbnb n hotels, depending on where I'm visiting, number of guest, reason for visit, where I'm visiting, etc.I do this because in some cities Id rather stay in a hotel if my stay is short, etc. Some times after fees, theres not much savings too, all kinda depends. And i use Hotels.com, for hotels res. I like their service, ease of website and their stay 10 nights get a credit of your ave 10 nights for a free use. That aside, I ONLY rent from well qualified, and reviewed host, I know it kinda sucks for anyone new joining, (not that i wouldn't). Also look out, if a deal sounds surprisingly good, and when/if you do respond to the ad, the host ask you to email them at a separate site, or link.. its a scam. Thats about it..I didn't look into airbnb for this trip, being that i wanted to stay close to the CC, but I'm gonna take a peak. Thanks

update, theres a airbnb open from a super host 1.3 miles from CC, I'm gonna stay at the hotel tho, being that its on the strip.

24. 80ninjas

80ninjas Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2014
    What I find funny about the OnPeak site is that they list the Hilton being closer to the event than the Rosen Centre. If they're only using the west concourse again isn't the Rosen Centre technically right next door?

25. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006

Yes, the Rosen Centre is right next to the CC, but they may be saying that the Hyatt is closer because, as you look on a map, the Hyatt is closer to the main doors while the Rosen is off to the side.