main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hotels = Planets.

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by k3po, Apr 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    Nill,
    Maybe that means that there are less fans staying at the Adam's Mark and a perhaps a few celebrities will be staying there. I mean, they have to be staying somewhere close by you would think, right? So they've gotta be staying at some of the hotels right there. We shall see.

John

2. aaron011

aaron011 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2002
    FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH, THE HOTELS WITH THE SKY-WALKS SHOULD HAVE THE CLOSEST TIES TO CORUSCANT. MAYBE FORMER REBEL BASE PLANETS AND IMPORTANT STORYLINE PLANETS. THE DAYS INN SHOULD BE DAGOBAH SINCE IT'S A LITTLE FURTHER THAN THE REST. AS FOR THE ADAMS MARK, IT'S A VERY NICE HOTEL SO IT COULD BE YAVIN OR NABOO.

3. tionnesharp

tionnesharp Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2002
    Maybe all the guests will be at the Crowne where me and friends are!! Wouldn't that be interesting! Anyway. Refresh my memory about Caamas. Why should the Crowne be Caamas? Is it convenient to Corsucant?

4. JMChladek

JMChladek Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    Okay, slight correction. I believe that the planet where the Naboo people and the Gungans lived was called Theed, not Naboo. So that might require some slight revising of the hotel names. If we were to claim first dibs on names, then I still say that the Courtyard by Marriot next to the convention center is Corellia, since I did suggest it first. :p But, I won't argue too hard for the point. :D Besides, the whole idea is fun.

It seem almost unanimous that the convention center is Corescant I guess. And considering the expected crowds that weekend (especially on Saturday) that will probably be the perfect justification for that name (all hyperspace lanes lead to Corescant?).

BTW, does the Comfort Inn have 22 floors? If so, you might be careful to bunk in room 2287 (was it 22A7 perhaps?) or you might get visted by short stormtroopers trying to rescue you. ;) Okay, 22 floors is very doubtful, but maybe even a resident of room 287 on the "Death Star" might want to be careful even. (heh heh)

For that matter, if there is a hotel with 11 floors at Indy, how many fans are going to try and reserve room "1138"? :D

5. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    I believe that the planet where the Naboo people and the Gungans lived was called Theed, not Naboo.

The capital city of Naboo, where the Queen's palace is, is called Theed. The underwater city of the Gungans is called Ortha Gunga.

!snap

6. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    Now that everybody likes the idea, whose in charge of setting up posters at the Celebration to tell everyone ELSE who doesnt frequent these boards?

And btw, I called Bespin first for Super 8.

7. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "The underwater city of the Gungans is called Ortha Gunga."

Close, it's 'Otoh Gunga'. :D

8. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    I thougth I'd post a list of all the suggestions posted so far. There's no specific order, just wrote them down as I went thru the messages. I hope I didn't miss anything.

Embassy Suites: Yavin
    Convention Center: Coruscant
    Comfort Inn: Death Star, Bastion, Kuat, Carida, Bespin
    Days Inn: Tattooine, Dagobah
    Westin: Coruscant, Naboo, Corellia
    Adams Mark: Alderaan
    Budget Inn: Hoth
    Omni: Tatooine, Endor
    Courtyard by Marriott: Correllia, Fondor
    Hyatt: Bespin, Kuat
    Embassy Suite: Tatooine, Yavin, Balmorra
    Econolodge South: Kashyyk
    Renaissance: Corellia, Dantooine
    Super 8: Ord Mandell, Bespin
    Marriott: Cloud City, Duro
    Crowne Plaza: Caamas
    Cantebury: Tynna
    Radisson: Yavin
    Hampton Inn: Kashyyk
    Days Inn: Mon Calamari
    Adams Mark: Yavin, Naboo

9. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "Days Inn: Tattooine, Dagobah"

How about just Tattooine? :D

10. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    All hotels within the same chain should get the same planet name....we'll just tack on "the <hotel planet name> system" when referring to them. ;)

11. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    I just compiled all suggestions which had been made for each of the hotels I listed. Ya'll will have to fight it out :D.

Carolyn

12. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    That's a good idea Sebulba-X, because I am staying at the Marriot by the capitol, and it's getting kinda confusing to understand what Marriot is what planet!! :D

13. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    I vote for Cloud City for the Downtown Marriott.

14. K3-PO

K3-PO Jedi Youngling

Feb 27, 2002
    Wow, I never realized this thread would take off like this and get such positive feedback.

15. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    Yeah it may have taken off, but it seems like there's just a lot of confusion since no one can come together and decide on what hotel should be which planet. Since the first come first serve rule doesn't seem to be applying here(which I think it should), maybe we should just have Sebulba-X pick for us.

John

16. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    Guess I'm staying on Caamas, however decimated it may be...

I think the planet/hotel combos that have no dispute (like Crowne Plaza = Caamas) we should just roll with. Then maybe vote or like MrSkinnee said, have someone just decide.

17. freezetime

freezetime Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2002
    Can Residence Inn by Marriott be Kamino?Or possibly Geonosia

18. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    I was going to suggest that for the Marriott...but I didn't think using what could be a spoiler for some as a cool thing.

19. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Cloud City for Marriots sounds good to me! But this is true, we should let Sebulba-X make the final descision, it would restore some order in here.

20. freezetime

Mar 3, 2002
    Or it might possibly be Dagobah. Any objections?

21. freezetime

Mar 3, 2002
    Cloud City sounds good. I still like Dagobah though. Either are fine with me.

22. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    As a Yoda fan, I think Degobah would be good. I'm cool with that.

23. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Sebula is going to do that later. He was going to be away from his computer and come back after more people say something on this topic. i dont think it should be first come first serve. Except for me since I came up with the idea. i want Yavin to be the Embassy suites. I also want to see the Convention center be courscant and the hotels/planets will be named by how close they are to Courscant on a SW Map.

24. Fermez_La_Boushh

Fermez_La_Boushh Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2002
    This is my first post here! I'm at the Residence/Marriott. I'll keep checking back for the planet name, since I don't have any preference! Can't wait to meet you all!

25. tk325

tk325 Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2002
    I know there will be a large 501st presence at the Hyatt, so it definitely needs to be an Imperial stronghold.

;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.