main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hotels = Planets.

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by k3po, Apr 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    I dont mean to sound pouty or nothing but i dont like the idea of Kashyyyk....
    I am recommending Dathomir..or something more imperial....
    sorry i dont know planets

2. freezetime

freezetime Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2002
    Isn't Tatooine on the outer rim? If it is could I suggest Residence Inn being tatooine?

3. DarkGuri

DarkGuri Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2002
    Holy cow this is an awesome thread! I just laughed my HRD Hinee off! I am with Moff & Jia & a few others, I personally think that Confort Inn & Suites should be the death star. Just not Tatooine... lol They don't serve driods! (not that they would know I'm one or anything - heehee)

Anyhoo, thats my 2 credits!

=Guri=

4. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    We're staying at the Super 8 by the airport, which is about six miles or something away, and I don't think many people have mentioned it. Or, they want it to be called Bespin, which doesn't make a lot of sense since the building won't be very tall, so how is it in the clouds?
    So here's what we (There are two of us in the Wampas) think it should be called: Hoth. Because that's where the Wampas are. AND, if you've ever stayed at a Super 8, you know that the air conditioner is louder than a sustained Wookiee bark, and when you wake up, you have ice on your nose. Plus it's far away from all the action. Or, if Hoth is taken, Nar Shaddaa since it's by the airport, and will likely have all sorts of freaks, smugglers and weirdos around it. Of course, Super 8's aren't really vertical cities either, but work with me here.

Super 8 by the airport = Hoth (or Nar Shaddaa)

5. MrsStrahd

MrsStrahd Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2002
    Super 8 = Bespin!

And what about those of us that are staying in the Travelodges, etc.,? Before those of you staying in the closer, more expensive hotels snap up all the cool outer rim names, best consider the poor slobs who either were too poor or too slow to get a nicer place.

-Val

6. MrsStrahd

Apr 4, 2002
    I vote that Cloud City be our suite in the Super 8. It only makes sense if the Super 8's Bespin.

7. freezetime

freezetime Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2002
    It seems I have switched hotels. Could someone tell me the suggestions for Adams Mark?

8. LoneJawa

LoneJawa Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2002
    This is freezetime I've switched screennames.
    Is there any possibilty of Adams Mark being Endor?

9. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    I was the first to chime in for the Adam's Mark and I dubbed it Alderaan. No real reason except that they both start with A and it would be easier to remember that way. I really think that's how we should designate the hotel planet names, by whichever sounds the most like it. Thus Courtyard would be Coruscant, Embassy Suites = Endor, Westin = Bespin....etc.

John

10. spongecol

spongecol Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2002
    i think this would be a creative way to track all the hotels but somebody needs to make a list of all the nominees per hotel adn then we could vote and during the voting no one can make any more suggestions.

11. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    i agree, lets get the voting going to we can post the results with plenty of notice before the convention. :)
    Strawbary

12. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Lets go for it.

13. lija

lija Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2002
    If you don't mind k3po, I'll make the list.

Since you started the thread, either you or somebody you designate should decide on a deadline for all of the submission of names and we can vote then.

14. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    Since I am a STAR WARS purist, I couldnt stay in any Hotel named after an Expanded Universe planet. Super 8 for Bespin. It doesnt have clouds, but it doenst have Lobot either and I dont think the people staying in whatever hotel gets Alderaan want to be blown up either.

I dont like novels which are derivative of SW, I would only make an exception for novels that SW got ITS ideas from. If I can remember the name of the Boskone Planet from LENSMEN (if you havent read it, then you havnt read SW) then I would pick that. But Bespin first.

15. MrsStrahd

Apr 4, 2002
    Since Alderaan's scattered all over the place, I suggest that everyone staying at friends' houses or camping out is on Alderaan.

-Val

16. LoneJawa

LoneJawa Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2002
    Then may I suggest Corellia for Adam's Mark,or endor,or Naboo? Where is Naboo located,anyway? Would it be out of the question to suggest Kamino?

17. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Here is a colabreration from LIJA. This is a pretty good layout. Thanks for the hard work Lija.

Hey there,

Here's the list that I said I would do. If you like it, then send it out to your ongoing discussion thread.

Here's the latest and greatest in suggestions of which hotel should be which planets.

Hotel = Planets

Indiana Convention Center = Coruscant, Biss
    Adams Mark = Alderaan, Endor, Yavin, Naboo
    Budget Inn = Hoth
    Canterbury Hotel = Tynna
    Comfort Inn & Suites = Death Star, Bastion, Kuat, Carida, Bespin, Hoth
    Crowne Plaza = Caamas
    Courtyard by Marriott = Corellia, Endor, Coruscant
    Courtyard/Residence Inn by Marriott = Kamino, Geonosis, Tatooine, Dantooine, Cloud City
    Marriott Hotel = Cloud City, Dagobah, Duro
    Days Inn = Tatooine, Mon Calamari, Dagobah
    Econolodge = Kashyyyk
    Embassy Suites = Yavin, Tatooine, Balmorra, Endor
    Hampton Inn = Kashyyyk
    Hyatt Regency = Bespin, Coruscant, Kuat
    Omni Severin = Endor, Tatooine
    Radisson Hotel = Yavin
    Renaissance = Corellia
    Super 8 Motel = Bespin, Ord Mantell, Hoth, Nar Shaddaa
    Westin = Coruscant, Naboo, Corellia, Bespin

The following is a suggestion from Sebulba-X.

'Of course, anyone staying in a hotel on or outside of I-465 would be considered the collective Outer Rim. Whoever lays claim to the hotel furthest away from downtown gets Tatooine...in honor of Luke's whining. Technically, whichever hotel has the most people staying in it should be Coruscant, though that might be hard to prove. Everything else is up for grabs, besides the one's already claimed, if that's what you want.

All hotels within the same chain should get the same planet name...we'll just tack on "the <hotel planet name> system" when referring to them.'

Voting should start soon. Suggestions will be taken until that time, and then it will be closed.

18. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    I like Corellia or Coruscant for the Courtyard by Marriott. That's where I'll be staying. Anything except Endor.

19. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Ok some problems with the list so far....There are multiple hotels with only one name listed as suggested and match others...so are we having 2 hotels with the same planet name?? and did you read the entire thread and take all suggestions?

20. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    my vote still stays the same Omni =Endor :)

Strawbary ;)

21. Jedi_Tabee

Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 6, 2001
    Marriott Hotel should be Cloud City!

wooo!

22. Grand Moff Joker

Grand Moff Joker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1999
    It's not very democratic, but at some point somebody is going to just have to take the list and all suggestions and just ASSIGN them unilaterally. Some people won't get what they want, but I think that's inevitable anyway.

Just one person, like k3po or Sebulba-X needs to come up with their own system (proximity, name similarities, etc.) and run with it, taking into account the various suggestions as best as possible. Basically, we need to grant emergency powers to a Supreme Chancellor...

"As my first act, I will create a grand list of hotels to counter the increasing confusion of the Celebration."

23. Jedi_Tabee

Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 6, 2001
    hmm... you gots a point, but it is fun to argue about which hotel deserves what name :) ;)

24. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    here here! there is nothing wrong with a little "debate" it keeps the board interesting. ;)

I do however agree that a list and decision should be made soon.

It would be great if we could get a sign at the hotels in the lobby of the decided name.
    So when you walk in the lobby the sign says "welcome to Endor" etc......or "Thank you for staying on Endor" ......you know what I mean.
    I am sure the Hotels would have a stink about that one though, but it would definitely get the word out!

;)
    Strawbary

25. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I don't think anyone has requested it yet, so I'd like to take a shot at having the Wingate Inn on Rockville Rd. called Kessel. It's about 5-6 miles away from the convention center and I just want to see the look on my cab driver's face when I tell him we need to make the Kessel run in less than twelve parsecs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.