main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hotels = Planets.

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by k3po, Apr 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lija

lija Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2002
    amaunet, I made the list at 3am this morning. It was current until then. On your concerns, not alot of people are visiting this thread and the ones who are, they only just suggested names for the hotels that they're staying at. A few people suggested names for all of the hotels, which is why certain hotels only have one suggestion while others have numerous suggestions.

Since Selbulba-X is in charge of C2, c3po notified him about the idea. His reply was to allow everybody to hash out their suggestions before any decision is made.

It would be helpful if the people visiting this thread would suggest names for the other hotels beside their own. Go to snap-hiss' post for ideas of planets' names. His post is on page three. His post contains maps of the SW universe and the hotels surrounding the convention center.

2. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    I did not mean to offend or sound rude or down-play the work you did, i only asked because i suggested another name for the hotel i am staying in several days ago and it was not included.
    But i do kind think that the convention center should be named Courscant, and that those staying with friends/ non-hotels should Alderaan. As i know several who are avoiding any mention of anything to do with ep 2 i suggest that those new planets not be used.
    Just my 2 cents....

3. lija

lija Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2002
    amaunet, whoops.... I've read your post but couldn't figure out which hotel you were referring to. You didn't mentioned it by name & I didn't know which previous post you were referring to. Sorry about that. If you could, post or PM me your suggestion of the planet's name. I probably plan on updating the list just about every night/early morning.

BTW, I was just trying to clarify the list when I read your post. You brought up a question I didn't of. Thx for your help.

Also, your idea about not using AOTC's planets' names is valid but anything goes until Sebulba-X makes a final decision. The only rules are the ones listed on the list.

4. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    I disagree. Anyone staying at friends houses or other random places would be considered indiviual pilots. Alderaan's not scattered all over the place. That's where Jimmy Smits is from. And from here, it seems like all the other hotels/planets are quarreling for teritorial rights. Alderaan is peaceful. We have no weapons. Therefore I peacefully withdraw from the debate after placing my vote of Alderaan for the Adam's Mark.

John

5. lija

lija Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2002
    Here's the latest and greatest in suggestions of which hotel should be which planet.

Hotel = Planets
    Indiana Convention Center = Coruscant, Biss
    Adams Mark = Alderaan, Endor, Yavin, Naboo, Corellia
    Budget Inn = Hoth
    Canterbury Hotel = Tynna
    Comfort Inn & Suites = Death Star, Bastion, Kuat, Carida, Bespin, Hoth
    Crowne Plaza = Caamas
    Courtyard by Marriott = Corellia, Endor, Coruscant
    Courtyard/Residence Inn by Marriott = Kamino, Geonosis, Tatooine, Dantooine, Cloud City
    Marriott Hotel = Cloud City, Dagobah, Duro
    Days Inn = Tatooine, Mon Calamari, Dagobah
    Econolodge = Kashyyyk
    Embassy Suites = Yavin, Tatooine, Balmorra, Endor
    Hampton Inn = Kashyyyk, Dathomir
    Hyatt Regency = Bespin, Coruscant, Kuat
    Omni Severin = Endor, Tatooine
    Radisson Hotel = Yavin
    Renaissance = Corellia
    Super 8 Motel = Bespin, Ord Mantell, Hoth, Nar Shaddaa
    Westin = Coruscant, Naboo, Corellia, Bespin
    Wingate Inn = Kessel

The following is a suggestion from Sebulba-X.
    'Of course, anyone staying in a hotel on or outside of I-465 would be considered the collective Outer Rim. Whoever lays claim to the hotel furthest away from downtown gets Tatooine...in honor of Luke's whining. Technically, whichever hotel has the most people staying in it should be Coruscant, though that might be hard to prove. Everything else is up for grabs, besides the one's already claimed, if that's what you want.

All hotels within the same chain should get the same planet name...we'll just tack on "the <hotel planet name> system" when referring to them.'

Voting should start soon. Suggestions will be taken until that time, and then it will be closed.

A reminder:
    It would be helpful if the people visiting this thread would suggest names for the other hotels beside their own, so that there would be a better choice to decide/debate/vote on. Here's the links to the maps of the SW universe and Indy hotels, courtesy of snap-hiss. I borrowed the links from his post.

[image=http://www.theforce.net/books/newspics/njo-map.jpg] [image=http://www.indy.org/images/downtownmap.gif]

6. lija

lija Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2002
    BTW, didn't add the suggestion of naming friends' houses as Alderaan since they're not hotels. Unless Selbulba-X or c3po want to include them. :)

7. FiorCara

FiorCara Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2001
    Given it's proximity to the con center (It's DIRECT sky walked) I vote that the Crown Plaza be Chandrila.

Btw, that swirl map from the NJO books is TERRIBLE. You want a good map, check the one from the Star Wars Gamer magazine.

~Caleigh

8. lija

lija Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2002
    Is there a link to the map?

9. DarthSidious990

DarthSidious990 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    westin-Coruscant
    thats all I have to say.

10. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Noticed a problem with that list of possibles.
    Sebulba-X suggested that the Courtyard by Marriot be called "Fondor" not "Endor".
    But I've never heard of "Fondor" myself, so my vote for Courtyard would be Correllia since I think the convention center should be called Coruscant.

Also, are they going to name the Skywalk(er)s that connect the hotels to the convention center after famous Skywalkers? :)

11. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    I came up withy the idea, but I rather have Sebulba-X make it official since he's the admin.

12. FiorCara

FiorCara Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2001
    Heh, I'd thought of Crown Plaza being Coruscant, b/c Coruscant is the crown jewel of the galaxy, crown plaza, but it makes much more sense for the con center to be Coruscant. So that one's definitly taken.

The closest major planet to Coruscant is Corulag. Other near-neighbors are Chandrila, Brentaal, Esseles, Rhinnal, Caamas, Ralltiir, Borleias, Carratos, Alderaan, and Kuat. I suggest using these for the hotels directly connected by Skywalks.

~Caleigh

13. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Suggestions:

Marriot - Padme
    Westin - Anakin
    Hyatt - Mara
    Canterbury - (to Con) Luke
    Canterbury - (to Omni) Ben
    Crowne - Leia

Almost like a family tree!

14. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    HaHaHaHa! That's great!
    In Toronto we actually have what is called the "Skywalk" connecting the Skydome and Convention center :)

15. ObiGregKenobi

ObiGregKenobi Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2002
    Am I allowed to suggest Episode 2 planets?

16. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    you bet

17. JMChladek

JMChladek Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    I can picture the line being spoken now at Celebration 2 when somebody asks a little green guy how to get to a certain hotel:

"There....is....ano...ther Sky...WALK!" croak.

:D

18. ObiGregKenobi

ObiGregKenobi Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2002
    I want to suggest Kamino for adam's mark

19. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    I'd like to suggest that we have a cutoff date for suggestions so that we can then do the voting for disputed hotel/planet names. What about April 16 at 12:01 AM? That would give us about 2 and a half weeks to get the voting taken care of and get the "Official" list out.

20. Another.Sky.Walk.er..

Another.Sky.Walk.er.. Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2000
    JMChladek
    I know that will be my response.
    :D

21. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    You guys are weird. [face_plain]

I love you all. [face_love]

22. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    All I'm asking is that the Crowne not be Camaas...that's all. I'd rather be a Wookiee than a ferret.

-Dex1138

23. MiraxTHorn

MiraxTHorn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    Since I still seem to be the only tfn poster staying at the Radisson, I would like to nominate it as Adumar since that's a planet from my favorite SW book. I know it's not in the right place on the map, but since there will be so few of us there, it makes some sense. Observe the scene:

"Where are you staying?"
    "On Adumar."
    "Where??"

You get the idea. Anyway, that would also free up Yavin for another hotel with a lot of folks who are more picky about their planet name.

Regards,
    M.

24. ZeroCool69

ZeroCool69 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    I think one thing we have to keep in mind is this: Just because your hotel is named for a planet, that dosen't mean you are of that race. For example, if your hotel is christened Endor, that dosen't mean you are an Ewok. It just means that you happen to be staying on Endor for a few days. If you happen to be staying in a hotel with a large Imperial presence, and you are a Jedi, you can say you are doing reconisance or something along those lines.

25. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    /\
    Um, I don't think we need to bring logic into this discussion. [face_mischief]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.