Hotels = Planets.

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by k3po, Apr 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lija Jedi Knight

star 2
    lol Have the cutoff date on the day after tax day? :D Sounds fine to me.

SO everyone, please have all your nominations for which hotels should be which planets in by April 16 12:01am.

I'll send the list out w/ all the updates in the wee hour of the morning and then the voting will start. Thx Tobey-Wan for your suggestions. :)
  2. Dirt_Jedi Jedi Padawan

I've been running the planets through my head and without consulting my library for a better suggestion, here's my vote for one of the remaining inexpensive area hotels.

Extended Stay America - Indy Airport = Malastare

I don't think that planet has been claimed yet.
  3. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    Well, keeping w/ the airport hotels as being along the rim. I put in a vote for the Wellesley Inn as being Dathomir. It also helps that we have two opposing females staying there, a sith & a jedi.

PtrsonsZOO
    RMFF http://fanforce.nathair.com
  4. Kman Jedi Padawan

I have just one thing to say...

Courtyard by Marriott = Corellia :D

----------------
    Kody
    www.jeditalk.com
    "Blue Milk, eh!"
    -----------------
  5. DarthSidious990 Jedi Master

star 4
  6. FiorCara Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sidious, Coruscant is taken. No hotel can have it, that's the CONVENTION center.

~Caleigh
  7. Sabacc Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll back Courtyard as Corellia, though I'm not bringing my freighter. Courtyard was the first to call Corellia (by JMChladek on page 1) and I'll be staying there and going Solo.
    Did we ever determine whether or not all hotels in the same chain would be the same planet? (eg- all Courtyards would be Corellia (or other planets in the Corellian System (or different populations of the same planet))). Just some ideas and thoughts.
    -Campbell
  8. lija Jedi Knight

star 2
    In answer to your question, Sabacc, I will repost Selbulba-X's reply.

'All hotels within the same chain should get the same planet name...we'll just tack on "the <hotel planet name> system" when referring to them.'
  9. Kir Kanos Jedi Master

star 4
    Maybe we all should be considered Coruscant that have a skywalk to the convention center. The Convention center would be considered Monument Square or the Imperial Palace. One hotel could be the Jedi temple, another the Senate, Another the Imperial Palace. That way you see, everyone in a hotel that has a skywalk to the convention center can be part of Coruscant. Those would be the of course "sky ways" to Monument Square or the Imperial Palace. Anything not having a skywalk would be considered a different planetary system. How does that sound ?[face_plain] :)

If this sounds cool, can someone do a little research on Coruscant and find out some other areas of consequence? I also know that there is supposed to be a botanical gardens/ contained park area (I don't remember what it is called exactly). I think it was in the Shadows of the Empire novel. Perhaps the hotel within a two block radius that has the most garden like center in it could be this?
  10. k3po Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Wow, this is outta control, lol. I want Yavin still for the Embassy suites downtown.
  11. Kir Kanos Jedi Master

star 4
    Dude, it isn't out of control. ;) I was trying to think of the most diplomatic solution because it seems that just about everyone that is close to the convention center would like to be Coruscant. It's just a suggestion. I could care less one way or another. Just someone post it on TFN's main page when it's all decided.

Kir Kanos out! :)
  12. k3po Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    No No, I wasnt refering to your post. This whole thing I was laughing about. I never knew everyone would like the idea. I'm all for the hotels with Skywalks thing. Good ides.
  13. ObiGregKenobi Jedi Padawan

Could someone direct me to a list of hotels with skywalks?
    Thanks
  14. MattPeriolat Jedi Knight

star 3
    The Insider provided this list. It may be incomplete, but here it is:

Connected to the Convention Center by skywalk-

Crowne Plaza Union Station *home sweet home!*
    Indianapolis Marriott
    Westin Indianapolis
    Hyatt Regency Indianapolis
    Omni Severin
    Canterbury Hotel
    Embassy Suites

That's the list!
  15. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    Is there a cutoff for this thing? I think if it goes on too much longer it's going to spin out of control. When is Sebulba-X going to announce the final list?
  16. JMChladek Jedi Knight

star 1
    "I will not condone an action which will lead us to war." :D

Okay, somebody please clarify since I don't have my SW universe guides floating around at the moment, but is it spelled Corellia or Corelia? Eitherway, I still want the home system for the best smuggler and fighter pilots in the galaxy (and scruffy looking nerf herders) to be named for the Courtyard by Marriott.

My reasoning is that many of us are practically smuggling ourselves downtown due to the help of Chicago Fan Force, and it is a core world. Plus, Corellia (or Corelia) does a lot of business and trade in the Republic and Empire compared to other worlds it seems (lots of traveling people too) and since this was the hotel designed by business travelers, why not? :)
  17. starfile Jedi Padawan

I like Kir Kanos idea of having all the hotels with Skywalkers, uh, I mean Skywalks to the Convention center be named after a part of Coruscant. I am staying at the Hyatt and since that is also where the 501st is staying, I think the Hyatt should be The Imperial Palace.

If that isn't a possibility, then the Hyatt should be Corellia since they are core worlds.

I also agree that the map in the NJO books is nothing more than a pencil scribbling. The map of the Galaxy that came with Star Wars Gamer is awsome!! I have mine framed and hanging on the wall.

Theresa

P.S. Has anyone thought of their hotel roaming the galaxy as Zonoma Sekot? Sorry, had to throw that one in there.
  18. Dark_Elling Jedi Knight

star 1
    My sugeestion for the Coruscant issue.... I think that the convention center should be Coruscant. After all it is going to be the center of our galaxy from this weekend!

Also, I think Days Inn should be Tatooine.
  19. FiorCara Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hehe, if the entire skywalked complex is Coruscant, dibs on the the Jedi Temple for the Crowne Plaza!

~Caleigh
  20. MattPeriolat Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, here's a thought: since the Crowne Plaza is based on Union Station, an historic landmark, should the Plaza be Monument Plaza?

Anyway, just a thought. Cammas, Monument Plaza or just plain Crowne Plaza, that will be my home.
  21. ObiGregKenobi Jedi Padawan

I think Adam's Mark should be Corellia.
  22. TheHuntressDiana Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, as someone who will be staying at the Comfort Inn & Suites...my votes are (in order of prefrence and to appease the Impies):

1. Fondor - it's directly behind Coruscant & the most logical map-wise

2. Bakura

3. Death Star

4. Cardia
  23. Grand Moff Joker Force Ghost

star 4
    LOL! Yes, appease the Impies! Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.

Diana, how about we call your room "Cellblock 1138"?

:D
  24. DamonVader Jedi Padawan

Man,I thought I was a Star Wars fan! I don't
    have anything on you guys.But,I will be the
    Fattest FAN staying at Yavin!? a.k.a(Embessy suit)For ALL Three Days!Can't stand the wait! See Ya THERE...but really you guys are talking another language..LOL..Thanks for the SW planet lesson. SKYWALKERS RULE!!Look for the goodlooking fatguy(chubby),there are not many of us.
  25. Fode-n-beed Jedi Padawan

could the Downtown marriott be the death star? since it is the newest one in the city. hence it just moved in and has a direct link to the centre. just a thought.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.