Hotels = Planets.

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by k3po, Apr 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheHuntressDiana Jedi Master

star 4
    Grand Moff Joker...that's fine with me.

But seriously...I'd rather have any of the top three on my list than any of the others. The others that you've got listed as "potentials" are just too far out in the middle of nowhere... ;)
  2. Kman Jedi Padawan

Well, the cutoff date has just been passed. So is Sebulba-X or someone else going to set up a poll / vote based on a tally of all the suggestions now?

Kody
  3. lija Jedi Knight

star 2
    Before I put up the list of all of the suggestions, I'm waiting for Sebulba-X's reply to my PM. I wanted his input before we start the voting or whatever idea(s) that he suggest. Until then, anyone can post his/her vote(s) in this thread but NO more suggestions please. If the person want, he/she can write in his/her vote(s) if they don't like the current suggestions prior to the cutoff date of April 16 at 12:01am. Thank you.
  4. DEWGOD01 Jedi Knight

star 1
    In reading over the Celebration FAQ and noticed that all the "rooms" at the Convention Center will also have names from the Star Wars galaxy. Now I know that all of us (the actual few that post on here as opposed to those who are going) know all about this name/hotel bit but what about those who aren't. Walking up to someone and saying, "Oh, I'm staying on Naboo..." or some such would be awfully confusing to them wouldn't it? I don't mean to be a party pooper but wouldn't it be a good idea to figure out what the names of the rooms are and then eliminating them from contention. Unless this was already talked about a page or two and I was just too stupid to notice it. See you there...
  5. Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    Unless the topic of what hotel we are at and what room we are going to somehow ends up in the same sentence, I doubt any confusion will occur.

Besides, it is highly likely that the convention center will call these rooms whatever, but they will still be known as: "The dealers Room" "The fanfilm room" "The costume room" etc.

6. DEWGOD01 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ok, I wouldn't have said anything unless I had seen it as part of the program...

i.e. - Noon ? 1 PM ? ?Displaying and Preserving Your Collection? Presented by Todd Chamberlain, Philip Wise, and Josh Ling ? Bespin - Program Room
    1 PM ? 2 PM ? ?How to Make an Action Figure? Presented by Ron Salvatore, Chris Georgoulias, and panelists from Hasbro and Gentle Giant ? Bespin - Program Room

Now if these were put in by whoever wrote this then my apologies but from what I understand this is from the "offical" progam. Maybe Sebulba-X or someone else who is working the show can clarify. Along with that, I didn't mean to infer that anyone was stupid or nieve or anything like that but with most of us never having ever been to Indianapolis I'm sure we will have a hard enough time as it is keeping things straight. Geeze, this came off as argumentative and I didn't mean for it to be, I just hadn't seen it mentioned before and thought I'd bring it up.
  7. Tobey-Wan FanForce CR Northwest Ohio

Chapter Rep
    star 9
    I can't believe WOTC stole our idea!

Anyway, you make a good point, but I still don't think I'll be calling the rooms in the convention center by planet names. I mean Bespin = Program room? That makes no sense.

Someone mentioned earlier about bringing logic into this discussion, which I think we have. We're trying to logically lay out the planets according to where they're located around the convention center. It seems that WOTC may have just picked some famous planet names out to use to name their rooms.

2 cents in the bucket...
  8. DarthBrian Force Ghost

star 4
    /\
    If you're going to think about it "logically", planets aren't lined up in a plane. Space is three dimensional. You could rotate the axes however you want to get the planets to line up in a different way.
    This is why I don't think that logic has anything to do with this. But I don't think that precludes us from continuing this discussion and naming the hotels cuz I think it's a cute idea. :)
  9. Tobey-Wan FanForce CR Northwest Ohio

Chapter Rep
    star 9
    Stupid 3rd dimension... Always forget about that when looking at all of those 2D maps.
  10. Kman Jedi Padawan

Has anything else been decied on this yet? Or are we still waiting for word from Sebulba-X?

-----------------
    Kody
    www.jeditalk.com
    "Blue Milk, Eh"
    ----------------
  11. lija Jedi Knight

star 2
    Still waiting for Sebulba-X, since he's in charge of C2. :)
  12. ObiGregKenobi Jedi Padawan

I don't mean to sound pushy, but has anyone tried PMing Sebulba. Though he probably is busy.
  13. lija Jedi Knight

star 2
    I PM'd him twice already. He's probably really busy since C2 is less than two weeks away. I just hope that he'll make the time in his busy schedule.
  14. hairlesswookie Force Ghost

star 3
    I know I missed the 'cut-off date' but I haven't seen anyone mention the Baymont Inn yet,so I'll go with the 'begining w/the same letter' concept and choose Bothawui. If thats okay?
  15. Tobey-Wan FanForce CR Northwest Ohio

Chapter Rep
    star 9
    Bump.

Help us Selbulba-X! You're our only hope!
  16. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    I've been hella busy, sorry for not responding sooner. I still need to re-read this thread and see what you've guys have come up with....but I'm not sure how realistic it will be to implement something like this, other than making a map just for fun. Anyway, it would help me out if someone will take the reigns of this and present it to me in order to see what I can do with the info.
  17. Tobey-Wan FanForce CR Northwest Ohio

Chapter Rep
    star 9
    I'm pretty sure that lija has a list compiled.
  18. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    Alrighty then, I hearby declare lija the "Celebration 2 Intergalatic Habitation Cartographer" (if she wants the job). Have at it! :)
  19. lija Jedi Knight

star 2
    I have no idea what that title means. ?[face_plain] It's too complicated for my poor mind to understand. [face_laugh]

But I do have the list, it's just not completed yet. Been really busy (just like Sebulba-X :D ) except it's school work. :(

Don't worry though, I have time tonight. :) Although the list won't be done until in the wee hours of Wed morning. ;)

BTW, thx to Tobey-Wan for the heads up. :)
  20. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    BUMP

Patiently waiting for the list, okay, not so patiently, but waiting.
  21. jediteddy Jedi Master

star 2
    Being a jedi and a bear of unusual size who happens to be staying at the westin, I totally dig the idea of being able to stay on a planet rather than a hotel. Just please don't put me on Endor. I may be a bear but i'm NOT a little furry 3CPO worshiping midgit wookie. Don't make me use the jedi mind trick on you for this one.
  22. k3po Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Thanks to everyone who has posted, i'm glad everyone enjoyed this idea. Thanks also to Sebulba for getting thing official and organized. Cant wait to see you all there next friday.
  23. lija Jedi Knight

star 2
    I PM'd Sebulba-X the list this morning and now he wants suggestion(s). Should he make the final decision or will there be a vote on it? What does everyone think about that?

Anybody is welcome to PM him his/her suggestion(s) or post on the thread. Remember time is running out, C2 is just next week.
  24. Kman Jedi Padawan

I'd say vote.. but C2 is so close that may take to long. So I'm for Sebula choosing.

----------------
    Kody
    www.jeditalk.com
    "Blue Milk, eh!"
    ----------------
  25. DarthBrian Force Ghost

star 4
    Go Sebulba...it's your birthday.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.