hotels SUCK, cars RULE!

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by darthdickalan, Apr 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Another.Sky.Walk.er.. Jedi Knight

star 2
    When driving
    If you are tired, go to sleep PLEASE!!!

A friend of mine died because she fell asleep at the wheel. I know you would want to go to C2 on time but please for your own lives and the others driving know your limits and accept them.

Don't think I am just posting this to give you a lecture or anything, but the facts will not change that my friend died because she didn't accept her limits.

2. darthdickalan Jedi Knight

errr uhhh Hooked on phonics thats your guys comeback? Sorry i dont have all day to sit around to check spelling like you nerds. Or maby i'm hadicaped and you guys just hurt my fealings. Wow good self-estime do you feal like you need raise it anymore becuase you can make fun of me if you need to or shall we just stick to the subject:
    "You've never been to a big science fiction or comics con have you? I can tell because..."
    obviously you cant tell becuase when i say:

"What i mean by purchasing the tickets is: Last year My friend and I bought tickets at a grociery store the day before. Than we went to the check in and they gave us all the stuff (the pass) so will you be able to do that this year? "

This would be refering to Celebration 1. Back than I went with my friend. We were both 15. Guesse what we didnt fall asleep. Yes we were under a different situation but it sounds to me like what we have hear is not a true star wars fan. As for you skylafett: THIS IS A WAR! MY LIFE IS IN DANGER. We are not telling our parents we are going. When i come home my parents WILL kill me. Thanx warrior poet for understanding our situation at least. And not freaking out like we are the stupidest people ever. Alright i'm sick of fighting and i gotta rest up for thursday (when we're leaving) good night!
  3. darthdickalan Jedi Knight

dont worry skywalker we will be safe.
  4. StarTrekSucks Jedi Youngling

You think were nuts? I'm beginning to think that all of you are nuts!

I don't think any of you were ever kids, you went straight from your mother to anal adults.

I appreciate all the words of wisdom and advice of keeping awake during the trip. But this is STAR WARS were talking about.

I'm going to get to Indianapolis anyway that I can. And driving 1000 miles and sleeping in a car is the ONLY way to do it.

So instead of telling us how much you want us to take showers and how "nuts" we are, can you instead advice us on how to be safe and have a fun time. (No more shower comments!!!)
  5. DonC Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll take the high road and ignore the insults thrown at me and say this: drive and sleep in shifts, if none of you feels awake enough to drive then stop somewhere. Both ways. Also, if possible, stay Sunday night in Indy. That way you can do the drive home rested and during the day. Also, tell your parents where you are going, they might give you some money for a cheap hotel.
  6. MrsStrahd Jedi Knight

star 1
    Dudes, unless you want to see just how quickly three 18 year old boys can clear a room, by all means, find some way to shower! It's generally humid in Indy, and, after all the running around you'll do at the Celebration, you are going to stink! If you really can't or simply refuse to get a room or even a Flying J shower ticket or something like that, at least invest in those "Comfort Bath" wipes. If not for yourselves, do that for me. I'm equipped with a keen sense of smell and a sensitive stomach. Body odor literally nauseates me.
  7. MrsStrahd Jedi Knight

star 1
    By the way, it does sound to me like you really are in it for the bragging rights. You want to prove that your devotion to SW is somehow better than mine because you're driving all the way, sleeping in your car, and wearing the same clothes the whole weekend. I'm flying, staying in a motel, maintaining my usualy hygiene regimen, and bringing a couple changes of clothes, but do not question my devotion to Star Wars. I know something about this Celebration that you seem not to: that it's all about FUN. That's why it's called a celebration.
    Also, please do tell your parents. You're 18- they can't keep you from going. But at least they'll know where you are if something happens, they won't worry as much, and they'll be far less likely to kill you when you get back. I know. It wasn't too long ago when I was a teenager doing pretty much the exact same thing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.