main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hoth Costumes for Parade

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by FanForced, Jan 23, 2010.

?

Hoth Costumes for Parade

Poll closed Jan 23, 2010.
  1. Rebel Hoth Trooper

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Imperial Snow Trooper

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Rebel Comm Officer

33.3%
  4. Tauntaun

11.1%
  5. Other

44.4%
  6. T-shirt and Jeans

11.1%
  1. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Congrats!!!

2. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    this is what we need for our costumes!!

...with the open belly rescue feature.

3. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    You are so welcome! Now I shall begin hunting for mine!

4. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    LOL, we could hang Jonathon out of the belly and he could wave for the cameras! [face_devil]

5. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Awesome!

6. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    [face_devil]

Of course, we'd have to do it canon and make it smell worse on the inside. ;)

7. Katsu_MaRoy

Katsu_MaRoy Jedi Master star 2

Nov 21, 2006
    I am hoping to have a snowspeeder pilot finished...If anyone cares, I've broken down and decided to use Joann Fabric's Orange Satin, but using the back side. There are two different fabrics to chose from. The Costume satin and the Baroque Satin are what folks at RL have been batting around. I'm going with the Costume satin...at $3.98 a yard, it is worth it just for mock up fabric if the right stuff ever comes along.

8. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Awesome, Kat! I can't wait to see it.

9. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Yeah, I'm excited to see it too! Good luck, that is on my LONG to-do list as well, but I haven't checked anything off in a few years, so I will shut up now :p

10. theropod

theropod Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2008
    That will be so cool Kat. I've always thought that a Hoth Pilot would be a great terrorist ;) rebel costume to have.

11. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    I don't have any sewing or costume experience but we need to set up a schedule to put the Hoth costumes together for those interested. I'd guess a week to gather supplies, a week to create the patterns and cut the fabric, and two weeks to sew them together?

What is the next date we can work on them? Perhaps we should set a date for fabric cutting?

Linda said that she would be happy to gather supplies.

12. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Time is getting short, isn't it?

For the ladies interested in the Hoth Comm Tech, as I am, I did find these.

The seller has several (last check was 22), and I asked for a photo of the side of the earpieces but never got a response. I'm sure we could order several at once and cut down on shipping, but I didn't want to put the cart before the horse.

13. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Looking at how time is flying... and doing the wampa cave for the float, I'll probably have to put off the Hoth trooper for now. Possibly get it done for Starfest? I can always wear my snowtrooper for the parade, or my snowclone, if I get it done in time. But I'd rather make sure the float looks good than try to stress getting a costume done when I have 1 that will work with the theme.

14. Tahiri_Solo14

Tahiri_Solo14 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2005
    Unfortunetly I'm not really sure where to post on the poll so, I'll just let you guys know what's going on. Jedi Gold and I will be modifying her wagon to look like a snowpeeder with her little munchkin as a Luke pilot. I'm not sure what she will be wearing and unless I can find a replacement snow suit the female com tec is out for me as well. I have the peices I used for my Hoth Leia but I have outgrown the snowsuit and they are not exactly the easiest to find at thrift stores or cheeply on line. My only other options are blue jeans and a t-shirt or the killer Bouush costume of death. I supose I could drag my Padme' Pilot out of moth balls but I need to do some major tweeking on the helmet so I don't end up with another migrane by the end of the route. I was hoping to have an Ayla Secura done for this, but I have no clue what kind of latex I would need or even how much to buy so, It's looking like next year is a better deal wich sucks 'cause I know I could easily whip the costume together it's just the supid head tails. I'm open to any ideas or suggestions anyone has because I just feel like time is running out.

15. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    I'm guessing Plan B would be for us to wear our regular costumes: sith, jedi, trooper, etc. We'll feel the love from the crowd either way.

16. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    Oh great searcher and finder of things impossible to find. Please bestow upon me clear screen shots of the hoth backpack from the 5th star wars movie. If you supply me with the images I need I promise I will never pray to a false idol again.

17. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    You will have the best I can muster on the 'morrow... Well, the 'morrow eve, anyway. ;)

18. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Upload is commencing now... Had some wait time this morning, so I started capping everything.

DING!!!

Your caps, my lord
    (and some others besides)

19. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    i found some boots i think will work...going off of this picture...thinking I would have to do a bit of doctoring...

they are leather around $45. Thoughts?

20. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    Thanks for the screens zoo, helps a heap!

21. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    melody found these and after comparing the screen shots they look great! looks like they combine shipping for $.01 per item http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360233794434&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp3984.m38.l1313%26_nkw%3D360233794434%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

22. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    I think I am just going to wear black boots since I already have them.

23. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    If you order more than one pair of boots to get the combined shipping deal, contact the seller directly before completing the purchase to assure your order for multiple pairs IS in fact combined. I have the phone number if you need it.

24. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I will call them tomorrow...I need to see it they can get my size

25. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    I changed my mind and want to get some boots if I still can, could you see if they have a size 10 available? Let me know who to paypal=)

Thanks!