main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hothlanta Rebels Absent from MegaCon?

Discussion in 'Archive: Atlanta, GA' started by ChDetPiavra, Mar 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChDetPiavra

ChDetPiavra Jedi Youngling

Aug 26, 2001
    You know, I don't think I saw a single Hothlanta Rebel at MegaCon in Orlando.

And I KNOW that members of the Fandomenace will be at DragonCon this year. I do believe DragonCon is in Atlanta. Will you at least be at DragonCon?

Hmm.

Chris Pincket
    President
    The Fandomenace

2. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Unfortunately, due to our busy schedules, most of our members cannot travel to conventions that are more than a 2 hour drive from Atlanta. Celebration 2 will be the one exception.

We will definitely be at Dragon*Con in force. We hope to organize a small get-together for FanForce folks who will be visiting. I'll post more information about this once we decide what we're going to do.

I hope to finally meet some of you Ft. Lauderdale folks at Dragon*Con. :)

3. Jedireject

Jedireject Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2001
    I was there!! What am I chopped liver?!!??

:D :D :D

I was there with the Georgia Garrison of the 501st. I was also one of the guys dressed as a Cobra Officer, the individual one.

4. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Oh, that's right! Jedireject was at MegaCon. :)

And no, you're not chopped liver. ;)

5. AxtonTredway

AxtonTredway Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2001
    I remember you! Well, we even brought sprinkles just in case...really!

-Axe

6. AxtonTredway

May 30, 2001
    ....And no, you're not chopped liver...Bantha or any other...

-Axe

7. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    I really do hope to finally meet y'all at Dragon*Con. We do manage to show up at cons in our own town. ;) :p

8. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    Well, I've been trying to save all my pennies for the Indy Celebration. But I am thinking of coming down to Necronomicon in October. My dad lives in Ft. Myers, my mom in Orlando and my wife's family in Titusville. Plus, I have tons of friends in Tampa and Cocoa Beach. So, it isn't too far out of the picture for me to make a trip now and then down to the sunshine state. But I wouldn't count on me coming down for a Vulkon anytime soon. Those cons haven't been fun in about 10 years (since my days as a Klingon).

9. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    I have to agree with Jace about Vulkons. They just aren't fun anymore. This last one we had in Ft. Lauderdale sucked. I was bored! We have already begun preliminary preparations to be at Dragoncon. The only question is how many of us will be there. Right now it will be 5 of us. Please make sure to have TONS of sprinkles handy.

10. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    I'll be sure to have my giant jar of rainbow sprinkles on hand at Dragon*Con. ;)

11. KierynFelaris

KierynFelaris Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2001
    Just what is the average shelf life of a sprinkle? I seem to have several jars of rather silly ones from our Megacon trip. Will they last until Dragoncon? ?[face_plain]

Hmmmm

Kieryn Felaris
    Quartermaster
    The Fandomenace

12. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    That's a good question. I think as long as the sprinkles stay in a tightly sealed jar, they should be fine.

I remember my mom using 1 year-old sprinkles on cookies when I was a kid, and it didn't kill me. ;)

13. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    I think sprinkles can last a few years to be honest. My grandmother used to make cookies with them and I swear she had the same jars for years. If you bought them for MegaCon, they should still be good by DragonCon. I don't know, I just transport them from one place to another. Not my job to worry about product freshness. Especially with people like Jedireject and his Sprinkle Enforcement stormtroopers constantly trying to stop me.

14. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    [face_laugh]

Don't worry, Jace. My R&D people have developed special packaging for the sprinkles that keeps them fresh. ;)

15. Jedireject

Jul 2, 2001
    Ok, now listen here...

You...you...people..rebels,..whatever, just don't understand the evil behind sprinkles. You make fun about their shelf life and you don't comprehend the death and destruction housed inside that little pink plastic jar. Put them on your shelves, heck give them to your kids to play with, but don't come crying to the Empire when your kids head turns into something looking like a hammerhead shark. Sly Snootles use to look like Britney Spears before she got hooked on sprinkles. Jabba weighed 130 pounds and was the head of his schools track team. Tatooine was AN OCEANIC PLANET!!!!! Come on! Wake up and smell the candy coated death you are carring around!

:D

Shame I didn't see any of you guys down their with your sprinkles!

TK1025
    Jedireject
    Hothlanta Rebels Sprinkle Enforcement

16. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

It's all Imperial propaganda! You've been brainwashed! :p ;)

17. RosieWook

RosieWook Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    Sprinkles are forever yummy, even when they get humid and start sticking together!

Personally, I've decided to specialize in the high-end sprinkles: Stars, Hearts, Metallic.

You don't know what you're missing, Jimmy!

As for Vulkons? Add me in as a me, too, on the whole boredom factor. I'm trying to convince the guy that runs those cons in Texas that he needs to host one further east. Vulkons have just lost it.

18. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    [face_laugh]

Paula, I'll cut you in on the sprinkles business. With your high-end sprinkles, and my tried-and-true favorites (rainbow, chocolate, and Jolties), we can corner the market. I already have the equipment, the facilities, and a 'distributor.' To heck with galatic anti-trust laws! ;) :p

19. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    It is interesting to note that the chocolate ones are sometimes called JIMMIES! Makes one wonder. I can supply red hots too. I guess that would be like, the crystal meth of sprinkles.

20. AxtonTredway

May 30, 2001
    Personally, if a jar of sprinkles can upset the balance of power in the Galaxy, then I support any measure that may bring their power about to belittle the empire! (If this isn't a parallel, I don't know what is!)

-Axe

21. Jedireject

Jul 2, 2001
    You've been warned!

[image=http://www.hothlantarebels.com/pictures/sprinkleenforcement.jpg]

22. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

More Imperial propaganda! Don't you guys ever quit? :p

Thread Status: