main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Hotties

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DarthHaskett, Dec 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danamel99

Danamel99 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2001
    OMG! What female didn't have a crush on Chris Reeves in the day? He was my first crush, ever! I used to want to be super woman to his super man...course I was 7. Is it wrong to still want to be super woman though? Hmm...

Yes, Ewanfest soon! We had those occassionally when I was in HS. The only problem with them, is that most of his movies are, shall we say, odd? You see if you were disturbed by Trainspotting, you should NEVER see Velvet Goldmine, or Pillow Book. Then some of his others are just, well, dull. Ever seen Little Voice, Brassed Off or Serpant's Kiss? I think you already own all of the best Ewan movies...well until Big Fish comes out on DVD. :)

2. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Ooooohhhhh, Velvet Goldmine. Ewan doing his best Kurt Cobain imitation. And when the audience "meets" Mr. McGregor in his onscreen persona of Curt Wild... oh, my. Quite the introduction :).

DH, I have the DVD, if you're interested in a movie night LOL. 'Course, we'll have to send the padawan away to all-night scout camp or something <g>.

3. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    Speaking of movies with (in his day at least) Hotties, check out an awesome Aussie Indie called Dogs in Space, starring none other than our favorite autoerotic asphyxia victim, Michael Hutchence. INXS is not in it, but he stars as the lead singer of a Punk band in late seventies/early eighties Oz. It's basically Sid & Nancy, but grittier and more angst ridden with much less Bravado/Anger for the sake of being angry... Boy meets girl in the heyday of Heroine Punk.

4. Tresjak_Neb

Tresjak_Neb Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2004
    Without question I would have to say Fammke Jennsen. not sure if i spelled it right. She was stunning in X-MEN United. SHe's also really hot in house on haunted hill

5. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Sep 9, 2003
    Famke Janssen is already passing her prime... She's at that critical Hollywood juncture where she needs to learn how to act, or she won't be getting many more starring roles. I agree that she's definitely HAWT in X2, but would be even hotter if she really was a redhead. I'm afraid that for her, it's either serious roles or B-Movie obscurity in the near future.

6. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I've seen "Velvet Goldmine" and "Brassed Off". I sort of watched "Velvet" for Christian Bale, who I have had a crush on since "Little Women", though I thought he was great in "Empire of the Sun". I sort of want to watch "Pillow Book" but am uncertain. I think what was the most distrubing about "Trainspotting" was the drug scenes. Though I have never experimented, my arms would hurt watching those scenes. Then the baby really freaked me out. And the worst toilet in Scotland, ever! Oh my gosh!

7. Danamel99

Danamel99 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2001
    I've always really liked Christian too. Yes, after seeing Little Women, how could you not? Do you remember a kid's film called "The Land of Far Away"? I used to love that movie. It starred a VERY young Christian Bale. Oh, and his scenes with Ewan disturbed me in Velvet Goldmine. Odd movie. But yes, as soon as I saw Ewan, I thought he was a striking resemblence to Kurt.

I'm serious, if you were at all bothered by Trainspotting, just say no to Pillowbook. Little Ewan makes cameos in several other movies. That man isn't shy. I mean, the movie did some interesting things as far as art directing, cineamatography and basic directing, but the twist at the end KILLS me! Seriously, it makes Trainspotting feel like a kids film.

8. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I have Moulin Rouge (of course), the prequels, Trainspotting, and Down With Love.
    The only other Ewan movie I've seen is Rogue Trader...so I'd be pleased to watch any of the ones you're all taking about.

I do think Moulin Rouge should be on the agenda at some point. :)

9. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I agree Sara, we need a Moulin Rouge night. Wow! I did not know that Pillow Book was more disturbing than Trainspotting. I probably shouldn't watch it then because I still can't get some of the images out of my mind.

Christian Bale is supposed to be the new Batman. He's going to be so great in it. No rubber suit for him. ;)

10. Vega1970

Vega1970 Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2004
    A Hottie post....my kinda post !!

OK.....

Angleina Jolie
    Asia Argento
    Riya Sen
    Aishwarya Rai
    and of course, Natalie Portman....

11. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Okay, this really dates me but many years ago (1992, I think) the World Cup was played in Pasadena. The championship was between Italy and Brazil. The Italian goal tender, Gianluca Pagliuca, was so incredibly gorgeous. I still have a picture of him in my cubicle at work. Needless to say, Mr. DH isn't always pleased when he sees it.

12. Vega1970

Vega1970 Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2004
    Not far off..... it was 1994, I remember watching a game at a friends house before setting off for a Bachelor party.... I was also rooting for America too !!! Damn that was a good tournament !!

13. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Sep 9, 2003
    I was in the Bay Area at the time, and two of the quarterfinal matches were held there (One at Stanford, I think, and I don't remember where the other one was.) The thing I remember most about it was that the news was full of reports about how violent and rowdy the fans could get, they made special note of singling out the English and Argentinian fans.

14. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Thanks for the clarification Vega. I am really bad at remember dates. What a game that was. Every time I watch a soccer match, I check out the goal tender to see if anyone can come close to Pagliuca.

15. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    ok, i'm too lazy to read throught all of the comments already SO i don't know if these have already been mentioned BUT:

I think 2 incredible hotties are NANCY ODELL from access hollywood and GISELLE FERNANDEZ of the channel 13 news at 11pm.... [face_love] [face_love]

16. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Giselle Fernandez? I think you mean Lauren Sanchez. She's HOT! Plus they changed the format so she wears tight-low cut tops with short skirts and she's standing up and she's all over the male co-anchor.
    Giselle is on Ch. 5 I believe.. I could be wrong.

I also like Lisa Joyner on Ch.2. I have a pic of her and me in my photo gallery on the lafanforce.com site.

17. JediVixen

JediVixen Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2001
    Ok.....have to state my opinion.....

VIGGO (Mortenson, that is.....)
    aka 'No Ego Viggo' (nickname he received on the LOTR set.....)

Emily :)

18. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    yup your right... lauren sanches.....i was too blinded by here beauty to remember her name! [face_blush]

19. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Viggo is very good looking but I am not sure I would put him in the category of Hottie. He does seem to be the complete package though...

20. DannyB

DannyB Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 2003
    On my radar at this point are Beyonce, Jennifer Garner. and for some reason that girl in that movie the Girl Next door. I think she may also be on the show 24. I'm such a fan of Jennifer Garner me and my friend will be going to Westwood for the premiere of her new movie which looks like it will be good.

21. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    and for some reason that girl in that movie the Girl Next door. I think she may also be on the show 24

Elisha Cuthbert? I think that's who it is. She's very pretty.

On the subject of Viggo....I think he is very cute. Older, yes, but come on, he's Aragorn...quite a hottie. [face_love]

22. DannyB

DannyB Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 2003
    Since somebody mentioned newscasters I'm going to have to say Mia Lee from the Channel 9 news in the afternoon. What a hottie. I think Channel 9 needs to promote her more or give her more air time.

23. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    O.K.: Mia Lee is probably cute to a guy, but c'mon! The lady is dumber than a bag of hammers. I got so sick of watching her learning to read that I stopped watching Ch. 9...

Just my $.02... ;)
    JB

24. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Let's face it, most of the newscasters are as dumb as a post. It's really pathetic watching the news. I once met Colleen Williams who really did seem to be fairly sharp, though when she said she writes her own copy I almost laughed. I don't think they write any of their own stuff.

As I go through my VS catalog, I think Heidi Klum and Tyra Banks are both extremely good looking. Jennifer Garner is very pretty though some of my co-workers think she doesn't look that good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.