main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

House, M.D. - New Episode Tonight

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by JediTrilobite, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Since When is Wilson So Insufferable?

"He stole Cuddy's dream loft just to be a bitch, he's holding the fact that Sam used to accidentally shrink his shirts decades ago against her now, he's become extremely anal-retentive about refrigerator organization and he has an unnatural fear of furniture shopping. We understand it takes a certain type of weirdo to be able to endure being House's only friend, but Wilson has become overtly irritating this season. And while we empathize with his frustrations with House's antics, the mature thing to do would be to evict him from your home, not tersely throw out his Jell-O shots. Is no one a grown-up on this show anymore?"

2. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Loved the episode tonight. House bouncing off someone who can actually handle him is always fun, and I loved seeing the return of the psychiatrist and even Alvie. A nice return to tight focus on House for the end of the season.

3. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    House is More Childish Than Ever

"First of all, how many times do we have to do the "Wilson starts dating a woman; House hates it; playground sabotage ensues" routine? Between House buying an oversized Chorus Line poster to make one of Wilson's crushes believe he and House were a gay couple, to throwing away banana peels in Wilson's bedroom to frame Sam for messing with Wilson's whole sense of refuse jurisdiction, those nutty House/Wilson shippers are almost starting to look slightly less insane. And when your series' writing inadvertently proves those people right on a regular basis, you have taken a very wrong turn."

4. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    A Sore Lack of Fascinating Cases

"Yes, after six seasons of mind-blowing medical maladies, you're not going to get gems like ticks-in-vaginas, or spores that cause teenagers to be inordinately horny for House, or elaborate kidnappings of soap stars suffering from quinine poisoning every single week, but that said, the creative fatigue is showing less gracefully with each episode. The only truly compelling case this season has been the female sociopath who went to war with Thirteen, and that's within an entire season of, among other even less interesting things: a mouth sore caused by a bee sting; an evil dictator who died from the diagnostic mystery of Chase murdering him; House making fun of Wilson for being a liver donor; the goddamn Ren Faire, and a football player with -- shock -- rage problems caused by run-of-the-mill skin cancer. And that's with some of the most piss-poor main character storylines in the history of the show to supplement them. Woof."

5. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    I have to agree with that. The medical "mysteries" have been severely lacking as of late.

6. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Everything Likable About Everyone is Gone

"Most of that is due to a few of the most enjoyable characters literally being gone -- Kutner, CTB and Cameron -- but the good ones who are still present have fallen victim to what's become a very self-destructive writing staff. We were cool with Taub, until he "caught" open marriage from a patient and started cheating on his wife again. We also liked Chase, until he became a very mopey murderer. We liked Cuddy standing up to House last year about announcing their non-existent sexual encounter to the entire hospital, until she went right back to taking his crap again this season. And House and Wilson, well, we've already dealt with them."

7. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Interesting finale; tight focus on House and, despite the setting, relatively low-key, until it sets up Thirteen's mystery at the end and drops a total bombshell in the final minutes (which, given the show's history, we have no way of being certain isn't a hallucination). It was great seeing House show a bit of real humanity and self-understanding in public; you get the feeling that, as messed up as he is, he is making slow progress. Not sure how I feel about the ending, though.

8. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998

...Except Thirteen

"What is this, bizarro world? Everyone else is behaving so reprehensibly that for the first time since she joined the show, Thirteen is a saint. A preachy, compulsive liar saint, sure, but her lies have been pretty harmless lately (so her dad doesn't know she's bi-sexual -- big deal), and she's been a pretty consistently big help to her patients all season. She's almost... likable. Luckily, Foreman was a jerk to his brother a few episodes ago. If they were both the best characters on the show now, our brains would probably melt."

9. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    According to this, Olivia Wilde is taking a leave of absence. And here confirms that the events were not a hallucination.

Not sure what I think about the finale. It will be interesting to see how it plays out next season.

10. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    That was the best episode of House this season.

After teasing us for 3 years, they show some demonstrable evidence that House is can be a better person. Ever since they decided to treat his pill-popping as a drug addiction rather than just an eccentricity, they've done everything in their power to turn House into a self-destructive jerk who is incapable of change at the expense of everyone around him.

Finally, now we see the time he spent in the metal institution, in therapy, and the repeated dressing downs he's received from Cuddy and Wilson have made an impact.

That scene where he finally comes clean with himself about how his leg destroyed him was a great moment for long time fans. It made Cuddy's sudden change of heart believable. I suspected that she was just waiting for any evidence that there was a human somewhere inside of House.

My worst fear, however, is that the writers won't have the guts to stick with it next season. Actual, lasting change seems to be the hardest thing for writers of network comedies and dramas to get a handle on. I'm afraid that by episode 2 or 3 of next season, House will be back to his unbearable self, Cuddy will call it quits with him and go back to Lucas, and Wilson will look mopey.

11. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    I really liked Cuddy's line "I love you....I wish I didn't but I can't help it."

12. awadex7

awadex7 Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2010
    Its great show and I am also a big fan of this show. I do not miss any episode of this show.

http://sunny-in-philadelphia.otavo.tv/ , http://californication.otavo.tv/

13. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Bumping for next week's season premiere.

I loved how the 6th season started. However, I thought House had begun to become a caricature of himself. I didn't bother watching the last half of season 6. As an avid fan though, I look forward to the 7th season, and hope that it will turn out better.

14. Nevermind

Nevermind Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 14, 2001
    8-9PM | FOX | SEASON PREMIERE
    House

"Season 7 kicks off with an episode titled "Now What?" which I'm assuming does not refers to something House thinks before he operates."

15. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    They really backed off the whole medical-mystery angle, which is a pity, as I'd have loved to have seen them milk more out of the concept of treating another doctor, and giving the inspector the runaround. They just didn't dig into that one enough. On the positive side, they made the House/Cuddy plotline interesting, with a lot going on and a huge amount of character bits packed in there.

Mostly, it lived up to its title: Now What? It was more or less an hour of "So House and Cuddy are in a relationship, boy, won't this season be interesting?" It's character stuff that needed to be gotten through, but it wasn't a very dynamic episode.

The shocker ending with Thirteen was killer, though.

16. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    The season premiers are usually like this where the medical mystery, if any, is secondary and the majority is spent on reflecting over what happened at the end of the previous seasson.

17. PadmeA_Panties

PadmeA_Panties Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    Only good thing about this episode:

Buttcrack shots of Cuddy.

18. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001

8-9PM | FOX
    House

"Tonight Huddy's sparring transforms into a screwball game of romantic brinksmanship."

19. PadmeA_Panties

PadmeA_Panties Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003

20. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    That statement sounds nothing like what happened in the episode.

21. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    DVRed it and watched it tonight. A return to form -- House was in top form, and being with Cuddy has only given him a new way to be a magnificent bastard -- while also showing more of the introspective, reluctantly maturing House we've been introduced to in the last few seasons. Also, some highlights for the other characters too, especially Cuddy grabbing House to convince Wilson.

22. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    House

Episode: Unwritten (NEW)

"A popular children's author has a seizure moments before attempting suicide; House and Cuddy go on a date with Wilson and his girlfriend (Cynthia Watros)."

23. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    House writing "Everybody Lies" on Taub's lab coat was gold. [face_laugh]

24. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    8-9PM | FOX
    House

"Jennifer Grey guest-stars as a new mother whose infant has liver failure and breathing problems."

25. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    House

Episode: Office Politics (NEW)

"House chooses a third-year medical student (Amber Tamblyn) when Cuddy forces him to hire a female team member; a politician's campaign manager mysteriously falls ill with liver failure and temporary paralysis."

8:00 - 9:00 PM FOX