main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

House M.D.

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by halibut, Sep 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    To my shame, I've only just discovered this series - despite being a hugh Hugh Laurie fan.

And it's absolutely brilliant stuff!!

I started watching from the first episode last week, and I'm about 3/4 of the way through the 2nd series now.

So if you watch it, good on ya

If you don't, what are you waiting for!?!?

2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Really? How could you miss it that long? :eek:

The series was very good in the beginning, but after... how many episodes are there already? ...but after watching it regularly for some time (every weekend IIRC) I'm not that much into it anymore. It's still a good series nevertheless, but mostly I'm doing other things when it's aired. ;)

3. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    There's about 90 episodes. I've watched 40 and not seen a bad one yet. I'd watch more tonight, but the football's on :D

4. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    So House isn't as good as you thought first? If it doesn't beat football nor does it make it a hard decision between watching House or that game for you. :p

5. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    No, it's a lot better than I thought!

But as Chelsea are playing, that has to take priority ;)

6. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I started watching it, only because I have been a Jessie Spencer fan since he came to the small screen here in Australia on the TV show Neighbors...but I lost track, actually there isnt a single show on TV I watch regularly anymore....not one. :(

7. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Why do they have to do episodes where babies die :(

8. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Man, that would be tragic....couldnt watch it.

9. MacCaffrey

MacCaffrey VIP star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 2000
    I like that show, too. Surprising isn't it... ;)

I just haven't the time to watch it regularly on TV so I have to buy me the DVD-Sets.
    No Adds and a stop when ever you need it. ;)

10. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Yeah, I don't like those either. I've always watched House when it's on DVD so I can skip over the segments that get to be too much. It gets so intense that I end up chain drinking cans of soda...but that's better than booze or smoking.:p

11. Nwalme Jade

Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2000
    As far as TV shows go, it's not top-of-my-list anymore as it's rather formulaic, and if it wasn't for Hugh Laurie, I would have given up a while ago; but it's well-written enough to make it pleasant to watch after a long day at work.

12. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    or Vicodin :p

13. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    House is a genious, simply but. I adore the man and I am officially hooked to the show -- have been for quite some time now.
    Even though he's a big, friggin ass**** -- how can you not like House?

My favorite Episode...uh...I think it was the first show in Season three, after House starts walking without his cane.
    And there's a patient who's been sitting in a wheel chair for years. No walking, not talking, no nothing. A vegetable, if you want.
    And House keeps saying there's just something wrong with his nerves, I think. And no one believes him.
    In the end, the man gets up out of his wheelchair on his own.

I actually cried. *sniffles*

14. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I'm going to pick up the seasons I've missed and get caught up. One cable channel runs several episodes back to back on Sundays but it's too intense at times to have on if the child is milling about. She watched it a couple of times and told me it was too much like the days we spend in the hospital and she has no desire to see it on TV.:(

Must see more House...[face_hypnotized]

15. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    House is definitely one of my all time favorite shows. Hugh Laurie is brilliant as House and is definitely the main reason I watch the show. My Mom started watching it from the first episode, but at the time a medical show didn't appeal to me. But then I saw the episode Safe and I loved it, but I truly didn't start watching House regularly until Half-Wit. Since then I bought all the seasons and caught up and I'm continuing to love this fantastic show.

16. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I've been watching House on USA all evening and the one that's on now has me so freaked out. :_| The mother has a lot of issues but one is celiac. Celiac is very common in children with the same disease that my daughter has...needless to say I can't finish this episode. I feel like the biggest loser because when they were doing the post mort on her dead infant (finding it had celiac too)I just couldn't watch any longer. Geez, it's fiction!! I hate getting affected like this.

I can handle just about anything and then one damn show sets me on my backside. [face_plain]

Sorry for the rant guys...I love this show but I guess the emotions got to me. I can't stand for children to die.:_|

17. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    I don't blame you. That particular episode is not one of my favorites just because of how sad it is. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.